PDA

View Full Version : Tires Plus

pjh421
06-23-2007, 07:39 PM
I was sitting in a restaurant with my wife and, looking out the window, realized I was across the parking lot from a Tires Plus store in Moline, IL today. I told her I'd be right back. I know what you're thinking...no I didn't bring wheel weights back to the table. I did get a tire replaced while we were eating though and when we returned to the tire store I asked the manager if I could buy a bucket of used WW, expecting to hear about how they sell them to a recycler or how somebody already comes by to get them, etc etc.

He said "Heck no, I'll just give them to you." So I asked him what he likes to drink. He wouldn't take a thing. It's almost a symbiotic relationship.

Paul

warf73
06-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Nice find there how many tons of WW did ya score?

pjh421
06-27-2007, 01:56 AM
Time will tell. That day I just got about half of one bucket. Someone here mentioned that he had written his name and phone number on some 5 gallon buckets and had taken them to a tire store. I've done the same but have yet to deliver them. Worst case scenario, I'm out two buckets. Over time, who knows?

Paul

EMC45
06-28-2007, 08:47 AM
A local Tires Plus ( Mid Ga) told me that they trade the WWs to the battery company for a cut rate on their new batteries. I guess they are using the WWs to make they cells?