PDA

View Full Version : Will a Renegade barrel fit a New Englander stock and tang?

roverboy
12-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I was just wondering if a Renegade barrel would fit a New Englander? I don't see many New Englander barrels for sale but, do see a few Renegade barrels.

pietro
12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't think so - for starters, Renegade bbls are octagonal, measuring 1" across-the-flats, and New Englander stock bbl channels are round to accommodate their round barrels (IDK the diameter, though).

Measure your New Englander barrel and/or stock's barrel channel to see if the Renegade barrel will drop in or (most likely) need to be inletted.

Also, IDK if their respective patent breeches are interchangeable, although they look to be so - maybe one of the techreps at Track of The Wolf would know.

bubba.50
12-05-2012, 11:24 PM
the short answer would be no. but with enough time & effort it could probably be done. you'd hafta inlet the barrel channel from round to octagon. the new englander tang has part of the flash cup made into the tang. this would hafta be ground off and then the hammer/nipple alignment may or may not be compatible. there would be a gap between the underrib & the end of the fore-arm. probably a few other things but that's all that comes to mind at the moment. believe i'd just leave the new englander as is & buy a renegade to play around with if i wanted a multi-barrel gun.

my opinion & yer welcome to it. luck to ya & have a good'en friend, bubba.

OverMax
12-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Answer to your question: NO.
I wouldn't inlet for a different barrels profile when a exact replacement can be usually purchased from (EBay or Gun Brokers.)

In-letting is not something easily accomplished by a lay person. It does take some experience and/or skill to do correctly.