PDA

View Full Version : Zack's Christmas drive

Olevern
12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Just wanted to give a report on the drive to help Zack have a good Christmas started by 41 mag fan here on the forum. So far four members have contributed a total of one hundred seventy dollars via. paypal, check, money order and cash.

Two packages have come in; one contained a brand new soft case for Zack's new rifle, a very nice comprehensive firearms cleaning kit with additional cleaning supplies such as .22 cal patches, solvent, etc.

The other package contained numerous packages of paper targets, an assortment of .22 ammo, a swinging .22 cal target, assorted new outdoor winter wear (gloves, hats, boot socks, etc.) for both Zack and his little sister, and some novelty choc. candy.

I also have a promise of a Playstation III game to be sent in the mail and am to meet a member between our locations to receive some good used toys of the type Zack enjoys ( things to put together and manipulate with his hands) and possibly some more hunting clothing if the sizes he has are right.

And, of course, the rifle, which sort of got the whole thing started; a donation of a Marlin model 60 semi auto .22 with a nice scope included.

Many thanks for 41 mag fan getting this whole project started, and to each who have donated to help make Zack's (and his sisters) Christmas better than it otherwise would have been.

I have already taken Zack out and had him pick out presents for his mom and dad (this was a request of one of the donors). He was given a budget of $15.00 each and chose a nice watch with a leather band for his dad and a set of earrings and pendant necklace for his mom. I still have to take him shopping for something for his little sister. With the same $15.00 budget for this purchase, that will leave $125.00 and I have made arrangements to take his mom and dad shopping one day next week while Zack is in school to spend this Christmas money for toys and clothing items.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help; normally I would have been able to do more myself, but with all the extra expense involved in my daughter's illness/hospitalizations I am running pretty dry (the ambulance trip from Knoxville, Tn. to the teaching hospital in Phila. Pa alone was $6500.00)

So, the extra help from my brothers here on the forum is a Godsend and I am forever grateful for the men who have stepped up and given from their hearts and means. I know that the donations will make Zack's Christmas better than it otherwise would have been.

My wish for each of you is that your Christmas be a blessed time of enjoying family and reflecting on the greatest gift mankind has ever known: the gift of Christ,( Emmanuel, God with us) to a lost and dying world.

Bad Water Bill
12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Come on folks. Surely with over 25,000 members here we can do better than $170.00 from the greatest,most generous site on the net.

Vern is doing what all of us should be doing.

Lets get this family a Christmas they will NEVER forget.

Lively Boy
12-05-2012, 01:21 PM
hey i posted on the other thread (pay pal sent) but was wondering what kind of games Zack and his sister might be interested in?? my boys have outgrown a few of theirs so.....let us know

Olevern
12-05-2012, 03:12 PM
hey i posted on the other thread (pay pal sent) but was wondering what kind of games Zack and his sister might be interested in?? my boys have outgrown a few of theirs so.....let us know

Lively Boy,
Anything for playstation III (I gave the console to him as an early Christmas present when he became really sick with a questionable prognosis so that he would have something passive to do as demanded by his physical condition). I would really appreciate if donated games did not contain excessive language inappropriate for a "just turned 11 year old" or excessive violence/criminal activity. He likes dirt bikes and atv's, also football, hockey or basketball games are greatl, or hunting/fishing games.

Thanks for your interest,
vern

Lively Boy
12-05-2012, 07:50 PM
ok, the games i have are leggo themed with a harry potter and one racing game. if interested will send out. no blood and guts...language clean

41 mag fan
12-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Sounds like we might of made your Christmas too Vern....I hope we did.

Olevern
12-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Sounds like we might of made your Christmas too Vern....I hope we did.

You bet you have! i'm riding on cloud nine!

Olevern
12-05-2012, 09:12 PM
ok, the games i have are leggo themed with a harry potter and one racing game. if interested will send out. no blood and guts...language clean

Sounds great, thanks again.
blessings,
vern

41 mag fan
12-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Good....then this forums made Christmas special for 2 special people.

Bad Water Bill
12-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I am sure there will be several smiling faces and glad hearts when Vern posts a photo of that family around their Christmas tree.:bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:

toooldtocare
12-05-2012, 09:40 PM
pm sent to olevern

41 mag fan
12-05-2012, 09:58 PM
It made my Christmas worthwhile helping Zack and giving Olevern a smile for the outpouring from the members.