PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shooting a Henry centerfire lever

ddixie884
12-04-2012, 08:39 PM
I've never even seen one in person.....

hightime
12-04-2012, 08:43 PM
55326Oh you mean the new Henry. Sorry, Not me. The one on top is like the original Henry. The one on the bottom is the new Henry Golden Boy 22.

Owen

birch
12-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Wow owen! I particularly like that 1873 in the middle. Someone did a nice case job on that dust cover.

I have a "new" henry in 30-30. It is the H-009 model, and I love it. It is typical of any other 30-30 lever gun if shot with open sights, but if you put a good quality scope on it, it will surprise you. There is a Guns and Ammo write up on the internet that has info on staff shooting at 300 yards with the leverevolution ammo and found it to be surprisingly accurate.
I can attest to 1-1/2 MOA groups at 100 yards. My best friend had a new Winchester 70 featherweight in 30-06 that I shot that day, and the best I could do was 1-1/2 inch groups with that, so I figure it is my inability to shoot a rifle well that leads to my Henry shooting those types of groups. If you find one at a reasonable price, I would buy it. For some reason, I get alot of questions at the range. Everyone seems to really like the gun. I do too. It has some nice lines and the bull barrel really sets it off.