PDA

View Full Version : Got my pistol back--Ugg

gray wolf
12-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I got the 44 mag. black hawk hunter back yesterday, Didn't even shoot it,
told Ruger I was unhappy with the work they did. ( skipping details here )
Ruger called this morning and the pistol is on it's way back as I type.
They are sending me a new pistol. I ask them to replace the sights with my fiber optic sights ( I love them ) No thread choke, no tool marks in the forcing cone, and to make sure I have the same trigger pull. All that had been done on the old pistol. The cylinders were all scratched up after they honed them. I also mentioned that my old pistol had no leading in the forcing cone or the barrel. Just the darn lead ring after the case mouth.
I don't know how they will fix that ? or if they understand why it happens.
I can't buy a LWNFP with a long nose profile mold, so it will load into the throat and get passed the taper. so I hope they see the problem.
I remember shooting revolvers that had just throat after the chamber and no taper, or if it was there it was tiny. The bullet came out of the case when fired and went right into the throat, fact is it was in the throat at the time the bullet was loaded. Will Probably get the new gun in 4 or 5 days --will up-date.

Sam

leadman
12-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Hope your new gun is satisfactory. I sent a 357 BH twice to Ruger, finally gave up and paid a gunsmith to fix the problems.
As for your boolit did you look at Veral Smith's website? Lead Bullet Technology. Veral makes some excellent molds. Cast Performance may have the boolits you are looking for.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Gray Wolf,

Not quite clear as to what you needed, and what you had done to your firearm before you sent it back, and what RUGER did before sending the gun back.

However, it is a well known fact that, if for example you had added fiber optic sights to your gun - after market - or had any work done such as firelapping a thread choke, opening up a throat, and or had trigger work done, the firearm WILL NOT be returned to you in that condition - IF they can see evidence of the changes.

RUGER will not do custom work, and will most of the time if not always return a firearm with factory parts in place of any modifications you may have done before the firearm was returned to them for the requested service.

That is EVEN if you return the gun with "custom/aftermarket" modifications attached.

I hear ya, but that is what the lawyers have brought us, like it or not. Don't blame RUGER for the lawyer induced problems.

I currently have in hand a son's Super Blackhawk, and while it is here, I'd like to have it tightened up and tuned a tad. However, if I send it back to RUGER, I know I'll then need to take it to the smith to have the work completed, as RUGER will replace all parts which were not standard to the gun when it left the factory.

If they would just sell the needed parts to my gun smith, well that would be great, but they are "factory fitted" parts as as such not available.

I like RUGER, so it is just something I must live with.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

gray wolf
12-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Ruger removed the thread choke, smooth out the forcing cone, put on the sights and did the trigger. I just ask to have the same thing done on the new pistol. If they don't they will just get it back again and I think they know that, However that's what it may take cause I don't know how they will ship the new one, but they know what I expect.
And yes you are correct about how they return firearms.

bones37
12-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I got the 44 mag. black hawk hunter back yesterday, Didn't even shoot it,
told Ruger I was unhappy with the work they did. ( skipping details here )
Ruger called this morning and the pistol is on it's way back as I type.
They are sending me a new pistol. I ask them to replace the sights with my fiber optic sights ( I love them ) No thread choke, no tool marks in the forcing cone, and to make sure I have the same trigger pull. All that had been done on the old pistol. The cylinders were all scratched up after they honed them. I also mentioned that my old pistol had no leading in the forcing cone or the barrel. Just the darn lead ring after the case mouth.
I don't know how they will fix that ? or if they understand why it happens.
I can't buy a LWNFP with a long nose profile mold, so it will load into the throat and get passed the taper. so I hope they see the problem.
I remember shooting revolvers that had just throat after the chamber and no taper, or if it was there it was tiny. The bullet came out of the case when fired and went right into the throat, fact is it was in the throat at the time the bullet was loaded. Will Probably get the new gun in 4 or 5 days --will up-date.

Sam

Sam, I'm sorry to hear they didn't get it right for You. I was really hoping that they would, however if they can get the "improvements" done to the new one, and not have those nasty lead rings in the chambers, You should be good to go.

Michael.