PDA

View Full Version : I am PO'd

DLCTEX
12-03-2012, 10:28 PM
I went to a local grocery/Ace Hardware store tonight to get some STP to make some Ben's Red with and was greeted with a pistol in a red circle with a slash. That's it! I'm done! I will find an address for the owners and let them know they have lost the business of me and mine and anyone I can influence.

geargnasher
12-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Yup, they're inviting people to "do business" with them with ILLEGALLY possessed guns, particularly with regard to Red Devil Lye and antihistamines.

Gear

btroj
12-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Antihistamines. Decongestants maybe? Thought to make meth without pseudo ephedrine base stock and antihistamines aren't PSE.

As for the non guns sticker, we don't see too many in Omaha. It is interesting to think of it as a sign that they are afraid of people who follow the laws. I doubt the gang bangers worry about violating those rules while conducting "business".

runfiverun
12-03-2012, 11:43 PM
our local ace owner lives across the street from me,if i seen that sign on the door, i know where i'd be going for answers.

hithard
12-04-2012, 12:46 AM
I really hate to see that. Being from Kalifornia, one of the things I love to do when I'm visiting other states is to go to the hardware stores to see if they carry guns and ammo. If they do I always try and by something, anything! It just reminds me of a much simpler time.

starmac
12-04-2012, 12:54 AM
I really hate to see that. Being from Kalifornia, one of the things I love to do when I'm visiting other states is to go to the hardware stores to see if they carry guns and ammo. If they do I always try and by something, anything! It just reminds me of a much simpler time.

We have one you would love. (sampsons) I have heard it said they have some items in stock that has been there over 100 years. canning supplies, trapping supplies, you name it. lol
Our local ace went out of business a few years ago. lol

clintsfolly
12-04-2012, 10:55 AM
The owner of my local Ace hardware is a FFL dealer.Clint

smokeywolf
12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
That, is a mighty sad state of affairs. In Texas no less. As I see it, one of the last bastions of American civilization where the majority of it's citizens believe in and support the Constitution as it was written.

smokeywolf

lbaize3
12-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't see those no gun signs much any more, down here in Southeast Texas. Unless state law prohibits my carrying a gun on those premises, I ignore the sign. Heck, my gun is concealed and they are not going to search me. If I have to use it in the store, it will done in accordance with the law and I will worry about the owner's silly rules later...

MT Gianni
12-04-2012, 04:15 PM
All Ace hardware stores are independently owned. Local ones sell ammo.

mjwcaster
12-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Well it was in TX, so unless the sign in 30.06 compliant, it doesn't count.
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.30.htm
----
"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"

(B) a sign posted on the property that:

(i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
(ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
(iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
-----

So the Ace/Grocery store sign sounds like it isn't legal.

While looking up this 30.06 wording I found a site that sells 'No Gun' signs and just had to laugh at the following line-
' Protect your facility 24/7/365 with a range of heavy-duty security signs'

Wow, why do we have Police and 911 when we can just protect ourselves with a sign?
Can I get one for my car?
How about a t-shirt or baseball cap?
I feel safer just thinking about it.

What is this world coming too?

Matt

Charley
12-04-2012, 06:51 PM
As others have stated, it is not a legal notification in Texas. Ignore it, concealed means concealed. He might be putting that sign up to please a partner , investor, or someone else, KNOWING it is meaningless. He also might just be an inorant dolt as well. If so, let him get his own education about the subject, don't contact him and let him know he has the wrong sign.

white eagle
12-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't see any signs
the only signs I see(pay attention to)are the signs left by what it is I am trailing

starmac
12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
LOL Everybody carried in texas ever since the world began legal or not, I don't see that sign changing anything other than him losing a little business.

DLCTEX
12-04-2012, 10:02 PM
I think the majority owner should go back to India.

legend 550
12-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Let's just have a bunch of these printed up, an add them to the doors just below there sign.

hithard
12-05-2012, 12:31 AM
I'll have to remember that if I ever make it up to Fairbanks.

RobsTV
12-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Would be great if there were updated lists posted online for establishments that ban guns, sorted by state and city, all from one national website. Posted on Facebook, etc. Wonder how long they would keep these signs up after seeing there business now as a target for criminals.

Let's just have a bunch of these printed up, an add them to the doors just below there sign.

smokeywolf
12-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Ought to have signs made up for the anti-gun libtards to put in their front yards... THERE ARE NO GUNS IN THIS HOUSE!

smokeywolf

DLCTEX
12-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks Legend, I printed the sign and will place it on the door with their no guns symbol.

blackthorn
12-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote "Thanks Legend, I printed the sign and will place it on the door with their no guns symbol."

I hope you use some really good contact cement!!

ovendoctor
12-06-2012, 12:58 PM
our ace hardware encourages conceal cary,hunting, redneck stuff in general
normal to see a bunch in the corner talking and showing off new purchases

Doc.

Moonie
12-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Would be great if there were updated lists posted online for establishments that ban guns, sorted by state and city, all from one national website. Posted on Facebook, etc. Wonder how long they would keep these signs up after seeing there business now as a target for criminals.

http://friendorfoe.us/

I believe that may be what you are looking for.

legend 550
12-06-2012, 08:57 PM
MARGO's do not patronize list for Michigan.
https://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_no_gun_signs.asp