PDA

View Full Version : The people on this forum never cease to amaze me.

Trey45
12-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Recently I expressed interest in 45 Schofield brass, just a few pieces to try in my 45 Colts, and got overwhelming response in my PM's.

A while back I expressed interest in trying to find 275 Rigby brass, because I'm loading 7x57 now (My new favorite rifle caliber) and having read about the exploits of Karamojo Bell I thought having some actual 275 Rigby brass would be the icing on the cake.
In todays mail a small package arrived, with 20 pieces of this in it from a forum member.
Of course I had to load and shoot a few!
Just when I think I've seen the best, this forum shows me another level of it.
Ya'll are awesome, keep up the good work.

geargnasher
12-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I've had similar experiences, odds and ends just showing up, it's helped a bunch when needing to test fit something. What goes around comes around and I try to keep it going, the PIF attitude of much of the membership never ceases to amaze me, either.

Gear

smoked turkey
12-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I too have seen the quality of the folks that hang around here. Just seems to not have the clickish and sometimes the dog-eat-dog mentality I see on some other sites. As everyone knows we need to work hard to keep it that way. Proud to be a member here. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this site to anyone, and wouldn't be embarassed for my grandson to poke around here.

kbstenberg
12-03-2012, 11:04 PM
I just completed a deal with Gear. He sent many extras. All of them were appreciated by me.

Jailer
12-03-2012, 11:34 PM
This site is by far the best site I visit. The biggest thing I notice hear that is sorely lacking elsewhere, on the web and in life in general, is common courtesy. So many have forgotten how to just be courteous to others.

You don't have to like people or get along just show some common courtesy towards others.

1Shirt
12-04-2012, 06:42 PM
There are some super folks on this forum, along with a few that are just plain interesting. The yo-yo's seem to get weeded out fairly quickly.
1Shirt!

Jim
12-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Simply said,

:CastBoolitsisbest:

Bob Krack
12-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Recently I expressed interest in 45 Schofield brass, just a few pieces to try in my 45 Colts, and got overwhelming response in my PM's.

A while back I expressed interest in trying to find 275 Rigby brass, because I'm loading 7x57 now (My new favorite rifle caliber) and having read about the exploits of Karamojo Bell I thought having some actual 275 Rigby brass would be the icing on the cake.
In todays mail a small package arrived, with 20 pieces of this in it from a forum member.
Of course I had to load and shoot a few!
Just when I think I've seen the best, this forum shows me another level of it.
Ya'll are awesome, keep up the good work.Trey,
After spending many years here, I must say - "What else did you expect from this crowd"?

That IS how it is here!

Bob

M4bushy
12-04-2012, 08:28 PM
I too have seen the quality of the folks that hang around here. Just seems to not have the clickish and sometimes the dog-eat-dog mentality I see on some other sites. As everyone knows we need to work hard to keep it that way. Proud to be a member here. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this site to anyone, and wouldn't be embarassed for my grandson to poke around here.

I have to agree, there was another site up here in the north east that did have some good people on it. But boy were there some hammer heads. This is the best firearm related forum that I have come across. Well done members!

Awsar
12-04-2012, 08:43 PM
i just kinda wish we all lived close together so i could have some good guys to hang out with.
definitely some good people here and it is appreciated.

palmettosunshine
12-04-2012, 08:50 PM
This site is by far the best site I visit. The biggest thing I notice hear that is sorely lacking elsewhere, on the web and in life in general, is common courtesy. So many have forgotten how to just be courteous to others.

You don't have to like people or get along just show some common courtesy towards others.

Amen. I belong to a number of firearm related forums and this one is, without a doubt, the best of the best. All I have to do is spend a few minutes on one of the others to really appreciate what we have here.

41 mag fan
12-04-2012, 09:20 PM
i just kinda wish we all lived close together so i could have some good guys to hang out with.
definitely some good people here and it is appreciated.

Where you live at in Ky?

JeffinNZ
12-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Only just this weekend past I received, from a forum member, a set of Lee .30-30 dies and 60(ish) once fired cases, all gratis.

Trey45
12-04-2012, 11:10 PM
all gratis?? It was covered in cheese??[smilie=s:

PS Paul
12-05-2012, 01:13 AM
This is the one and ONLY forum I'm part of. Took me a feew years to finally join(!) because Ive seen some of those other forums/boards where the members treat each other like dirt, with zero sense of common decency. I was actually afraid of joining because of what I've seen out there in the wicked-web-world, but I really feel part of a great community each time I log on now. Been involved in some great deals and even made a few friends!!
Paul

MtGun44
12-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Knuckleheads are not tolerated well around here. Respect others and disagree if necessary
but without being disagreeable.

Nice place, nice folks.

Bill