PDA

View Full Version : Hog killin weather

starmac
11-30-2012, 02:32 PM
We averaged 7.5 degrees below 0 for the month of november.
28 below this morning, but we are supposed to have a cool front come in today.
Too bad I don't have any hogs to kill. lol
I may be running over to whitehorse Yt this evening, expect to see some 50 below or better on the run.

All you guys having nice weather too I hope. lol

rockrat
11-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Send some of that cold our way. Too warm to snow.

x101airborne
11-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Send some of that cold our way. Too warm to snow.

Too warm to snow would be nice.
I am still sweating like a share-cropper.
I cant hang rope outside without it spoiling much less meat.
I would love days in the 50's and nites in the upper 30's.

starmac
11-30-2012, 03:40 PM
As soon as the water gets hard enough, you can have all of it you want, as far as I am concerned. Maybe 1 more month should get it.

Freightman
11-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Too warm to snow would be nice.
I am still sweating like a share-cropper.
I cant hang rope outside without it spoiling much less meat.
I would love days in the 50's and nites in the upper 30's.
Same here 101 and we are 600 miles North of you, we are going to finish the year the second driest year on record, last year was the driest, we have been drier than the dirty thirties, I am not old enough to remember them but do remember '53, and '54 two dust storms that it was so dark by 2 PM you couldn't see the hand in front of your face. Would love to see 0 and snow we need snow in this country to have water to get the crops up. We have been so warm here the last few winters we have bugs ready for social security.

runfiverun
11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
if you'll settle for the daytime making the 30's you can come here.
we are having a heat wave, it's waaay too warm for this time of the year.
when the cold finally sets in it's gonna feel awful cold, at least the mountains are holding their snow pack and not just melting [dumping] it all off.

Boerrancher
12-01-2012, 07:47 AM
I haven't been able to let a deer properly hang all fall. Here it is the first of Dec and it is nearly 50 degrees out side. There have been a few mornings where it was down in the upper teens but not many. Every deer I have killed, I have had to skin and butcher right away. You can't let them hang in the 70+ degree heat, when it only gets down to 50 at night. I was going to go get me a deer this morning with stick string and stone, but when I walked out side and realized how hot it is I gave up that notion and went to the reloading room and loaded a box of 308's. As soon as it gets daylight I will head to the range.

Best wishes,

Joe

winelover
12-01-2012, 08:01 AM
It's 53 here in Arkansas with only 2 days left in Gun Season. High of 68 today and 74 tomorrow. Not enthused about going out either!

Winelover

41 mag fan
12-01-2012, 11:23 AM
They say the winters going to be like last yrs around here. Mild......I like it. Saves on my electric bill