PDA

View Full Version : Who makes nose sizing dies

hicard
11-30-2012, 11:35 AM
I am having trouble with most of my 30 cal mould casting the nose too large for proper chambering in my 300 BLK as the rifling is imprinting on the nose which is usually .301-.302 wide. I need a die which will size the nose down to .300 or .299. I read here that there are people who make nose sizing dies. Who are they and how can I contact them?

HARRYMPOPE
11-30-2012, 11:44 AM
erik ohlen of hollowpoint mold service makes a copy of the Eagan "T" die that will work for you.It has a taper(1.5 deg or so) to a set nose diameter.It comes with the flat top punch for your sizer as well.The taper section is great in that it lets you taper the top band if you care to to get it to engrave the throat better.I have a few of the Eagans i use quite a lot.

http://www.hollowpointmold.com/specialty-screws/

its at the bottom of the page

Bullshop
11-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Buckshot made me one at .300"

Maven
11-30-2012, 12:42 PM
I am having trouble with most of my 30 cal mould casting the nose too large for proper chambering in my 300 BLK as the rifling is imprinting on the nose which is usually .301-.302 wide. I need a die which will size the nose down to .300 or .299. I read here that there are people who make nose sizing dies. Who are they and how can I contact them?

You may want to send a PM to smokemjoe. He made one for me to reduce .30cal. CB noses for my K-31's. It was perfect!

HARRYMPOPE
12-01-2012, 12:34 AM
the taper die Erik makes have the advantage of using the body as a guide.With these you can take about any old bullet and massage it to fit the throat.

hicard
12-06-2012, 11:28 PM
HARRYMPOPE, I wanted to thank you, Maven and Bullshop for your help. It has changed my castbooit life for ever. I just got my nose sizing die from Erik and have been running all of my 300 BLK boolits through it this evening. It works great, just great. Anyone who is having trouble with fat boolits in semi auto's should look into getting a nose sizing die from Erik at hollowpoint or from Buckshot. It is the answer to a problem I have been having for many years. I just love this forum and the people on it. [smilie=w:

Bullshop
12-06-2012, 11:35 PM
I just love a happy ending, or is this a happy begining.

HARRYMPOPE
12-06-2012, 11:39 PM
HARRYMPOPE, I wanted to thank you, Maven and Bullshop for your help. It has changed my castbooit life for ever. I just got my nose sizing die from Erik and have been running all of my 300 BLK boolits through it this evening. It works great, just great. Anyone who is having trouble with fat boolits in semi auto's should look into getting a nose sizing die from Erik at hollowpoint or from Buckshot. It is the answer to a problem I have been having for many years. I just love this forum and the people on it. [smilie=w:

i couldn't live without the Eagan "T" die.Glad you like it.

George

hicard
12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Bullshop, this is definitely a happy beginning. I just loaded up some 311041 boolits into my 300 BLK and they feed perfectly. That is just the beginning of my successful loads to start. I just ordered another eagan T die for my 358 cal boolits from Erik.