PDA

View Full Version : IL FOID dispute phone number (For our Illinois brothers and sisters)

mjwcaster
11-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Illinoisian's is your FOID App/renewal over 30 days out, don't call the ISP FOID number and wait on hold for an hour to be hung up on,
call- Office of Governmental Affairs 217-782-0132

I just called on Monday afternoon and left a message, at 8:00am on tuesday I had a call saying that I was legal in the system and that my card was on it's way.
That's right they called me back, can you believe it?
No you can't, not if you've ever dealt with the ISP Foid department before.

Funny how they can get things done with the right encouragement, at the right place.

-Background for the rest of you--

So as any Illinoisan knows we need permision (Fire Arms Owner ID) to have guns or ammo.
State Law give the Illinois State Police 30 days to issue/deny your card.
I'm not sure if I have ever heard of anybody getting their card in 30 days, 45-70 seems about normal, with stories of longer.
Funny I will be arrested for having guns if my renewal isn't issued in the time that STATE LAW says it should be. Let's not even get into being the only state in the Union that has this silly card.

Normal FOID App procedure-
Send in your app, picture and money (pay by check so you can get a date of cashing).
Check your bank and find out when the check is cashed (they are good at that, normally less than a week after sending).
Mark your calendar 30 days past cashing.
Call ISP FOID number when it doesn't arrive in time.
Wait on hold forever (Some people do claim that they have gotten through, even I have in the past).
Get hung up on or leave a message that is never returned. Some people report calling multiple days trying to get through.
Give up and wait for the card to arrive in a few months, or maybe get lucky and talk to someone who 'will check into it for you'. If the later then your card normally does show up within a week, but you never get a call back.

I found the new number while checking current wait times on FOID renewal, glad I did it works great.

Hope this helps someone else in 'The land where our Governers make our license plates'

Matt

41 mag fan
11-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Just one of many reasons i moved east across the IL state line

mjwcaster
11-28-2012, 10:50 AM
I blame my Libido and therfore my daughter.
We were living in S. IL and I swore that when we moved it would be out of state, the Carolina's or Texas were calling me.
Then we went and had our daughter. Stuck it out in S. IL for her first year (big mistake on my part) and then I threw in the towel and we moved back up north to be near our families so she could have her Grandparents.
Not to sound cruel, but when they are gone so are we.

I even really wanted to try Indiana, but where I would have like to live was further away from our parents, especially during the winter (Lake effect snow for those not around NE Indiana). When the cops run snow mobiles on a 6 lane highway you know you have a little snow.
I'm in a little town now (Manteno) with a bean field for a backyard. Nice but too flat and no trees, very boring.
I would still like to buy some land across the border and have some trees again.

Matt

PS Paul
11-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Well, it's a good thing becasue we ALL know how much the restrictive gun laws and the FOID card has helped reduce violent crime in Chicongo.

Oh, wait.......

Bad Water Bill
11-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Every FOID holder must keep that phone # glued to their card.

I sent my stuff in using a U S Postal M O as someone suggested. Unfortunately there is NO way to tell if the M O has been cashed UNLESS you pay the P O another $5.50 for them to check.

60 days after It hit the mail I still was waiting. Spent the money for the P O to check. Well the P O has now had 60 days to check on it and still can not tell me if it has been cashed. My local currency exchange can tell me in 30 seconds at no charge and so can your bank.

I used your # and the phone was answered by a real living lady. I told her my sob story and she came back in about a minute saying my FOID card was in the mail. If you are stopped the police can check and it will show you now have a valid card. If you have any more problems my name is------- so call me.

Sometimes there are nice folks working for ME.[smilie=s:

mjwcaster
11-28-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm glad that this helped and that I posted it.
I had thought about not posting it, but I knew that we had some IL members, and I read about someones FOID issues lately (yours, I think).

I also just sent an email to the ISRA webmaster to update the FOID page with this number, and a recommendation for everyone to write/call our reps when the ISP does not follow state law.

It's really nice that they tell you that you're legal now and in the system. The other number all I've ever been told it that they will check on it and then the card magically appears a week later.

Matt

472x1B/A
11-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Thank you mjwcaster for the Phone #. I will pass this on to folks I know around here. I have always heard horror stories about our friends down in Springfield. Every time my card was close I would renew 4 months in advance. Never had a problem since doing this.

Bad Water Bill
11-29-2012, 03:01 AM
Lisa Madigan is the one who SHOULD be putting the pressure on the State police. Her daddie Michael Madigan is the speaker of the house and hates anything to do with firearms. She has DREAMS of being governor then following B H O into the W H as the first female president.

When you send in for your card 3-5 months early you MIGHT get your card on time BUT you will LOOSE 4-6 months off off of the expiration date of your old card. Do not ask me how I know.

Put that phone # in felt marker covered with clear tape on the back of your card. That way you can have it available to help others instantly.

Idaho Sharpshooter
11-29-2012, 03:32 AM
did I ever post here why I moved west from Illinois about fifteen hundred miles to Idaho back in 1978...?

If the 2nd Amendment is valid in Illinois why has no state gun owners group ever filed a lawsuit against this travesty?

Boyscout
11-29-2012, 03:54 AM
Do woman who excercise their Constitutional right to abortion have get a card in Illinois too? When someone wants to go home with a woman from the bar do they have to wait 7 days and get permission from the Illinois Department of Public Health? It seems to me that a whole lot of violence involves relationships with woman; maybe Illinois should be control them like guns. We could issue men cards before they have any social contact with them.

MakeMineA10mm
11-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Do woman who excercise their Constitutional right to abortion have get a card in Illinois too? When someone wants to go home with a woman from the bar do they have to wait 7 days and get permission from the Illinois Department of Public Health? It seems to me that a whole lot of violence involves relationships with woman; maybe Illinois should be control them like guns. We could issue men cards before they have any social contact with them.

If there was an implant, this might not be a bad idea, but for males AND females. I can't tell you how much crime is passed on genetically. If we could just stop the contamination of the gene pool by those certain people.... :-?

Oh, and just to come to the defense of the nice people in the FOID office: they have exactly 3 people to process all the applications, state-wide. They're actually very nice people -- just horribly under-staffed. Each of them processes over a hundred applications a day, and they usually have a few thousand applications on their desk, plus the "in-box.". If the state police would just hire 1-2 more people....

Freightman
11-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Thank the Lord my fore fathers moved from ILL. to Texas in 1834, Thank You great great grandpaw.

km101
11-29-2012, 01:53 PM
You have to have an ID CARD to even own a gun or ammo in ILL-a-noise? I did not know this, and and am amazed by it! I cant belive that the population has not risen in revolt before now. This is un-real!

1Shirt
11-29-2012, 02:53 PM
There are a number of states that I would not care to live in and Ill.,Cal, and N.J. top the list. In fact it is my opinion that if they were to give the earth an enema, they would put the tube in Newerk, N.J.
1Shirt!

mjwcaster
11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
I just wrote a lot about our gun laws and politicians and then realized that it was turning this post political, not welcome here so I deleted my reply.
I'd like this post to get as many views as possible to help fellow Illinoisans and I think our town is the best place here for it.

Please help pass along the info to anyone you know still burdened by our inane laws.

Thanks,
Matt

Bad Water Bill
11-29-2012, 04:30 PM
did I ever post here why I moved west from Illinois about fifteen hundred miles to Idaho back in 1978...?

If the 2nd Amendment is valid in Illinois why has no state gun owners group ever filed a lawsuit against this travesty?

Did you ever hear of a gentleman by the name of OTIS Mc DONALD?

There are at least 4 more cases sitting in different courts at this moment. These cases are very hard to win as ALL of the judges are democrats and know which side their bread is buttered on.

Also you can check here to see some more about what we are doing to get our 2A rights back.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

mjwcaster
12-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Update-
I just received my FOID yesterday, 7 days from calling.
I wonder how many months it would have taken had I not called.
Gotta love a government that will arrest you for not following the laws, but they don't apply to the Gov.
Let's hope some of our lawsuits work out for us, because I don't see much change from elections in the future.
Matt

missionary5155
12-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Good morning
Thanks for that phone #. I will somehow get it posted in the shops around Danville.
Mike in ILL.

Hamish
12-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Saw an interesting qoute the other day. "It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the ba$tards".

All I can tell you is that I would donate a digit to see Sarah Palin and Lisa Madigan in Celebrity Deathmatch.

mjw, thanks for posting.