PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it.

Boerrancher
11-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Well fellas, I finally got a gun that I have no use for, that I don't need, and will probably hardly ever use. Why would I do such a thing? Because I can. What kind of gun is it? It is one of those dreaded black guns like I use to carry from time to time while in the Army. I traded a bunch of my junk, pieces, and parts of various old military rifles that Dad and I had cannibalized over a combined period of 50 some years, for a new Windham Weaponry M4 with a flat top receiver and flat gas block. I have added an RD30 to it for a sight and will head to the range in about an hour or so with it.

After I get it zeroed I will go to the truckstop there in town and sell it to the first truck driver that wants it so that I am no longer in possession of one of those evil black guns. BTW I also have some really nice Lake front property down near Branson, MO that I would like to sell also if any are interested.

Best wishes,

Joe

Wayne Smith
11-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Hummm, lake front, eh? Willing to trade for a bridge? Good income from the tolls, you kno! Congrats on the new rifle. Fun toy if nothing else.

41 mag fan
11-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Good rifle with the Windham. At least if its anything like the one I looked at at the NRA convention in St Louis

ErikO
11-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Sorry to hear of your impending boating accident and subsequent rifle loss. ;)

Moonie
11-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Do be careful with that evil black thing, they are contagious and like Lays potato chips, you can't stop at just one. I didn't much care for them until a couple of years ago when my USMC son said we needed one in the family, we built one, then two... Now there are 4 between us, in 3 different calibers.

Bad Water Bill
11-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Joe I will gladly help a friend. I know a fellow that has a VERY HEAVY yeller colored brick he will trade for that WMD device.[smilie=s:

Houndog
11-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Be careful with that evil black gun Joe! I used to be an M14 kind of guy untill I built my A2 that's every bit as good as my NM m14! Now i'm on my 4th build and looking at an A10 next.

popper
11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Paint it camo, then it's a REAL deer rifle. I could use 50 acres around Branson, not on the river.

runfiverun
11-28-2012, 06:09 PM
those wyndhams are top of the line.
you'll either like it or never have another ar again...
i got 40 acres of high desert in utah i'll swap for the lake front in missouri. [serious]
if you can duck hunt or fish on it..

PS Paul
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Charles Schumer said that you just don't NEED one of those, so you should not be allowed to have it. ha-ha!! I suppose a guy has to really load up fast to keep one of those things fed, eh?

Nazgul
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u405/Nazgul4570/057.jpg

I have owned this Black Gun for 3 days. Haven't slept at all because of the waves of evil coming from my gunsafe.

Help!

Don

Dorf
11-28-2012, 09:18 PM
OH MY! They's really EVIL ! Gotta admit that I'm really glad I bought one a year or so ago. Really gotta hand it to our "Gun-Salesman-in-Chief" though, he's been a boon to the firearms manufacturers! (God Bless Him) :-D

firefly1957
11-28-2012, 09:34 PM
You take some equally evil Twnkies for it and maybe some lube grooves too? I bet that thing can double as a camera flash too!

Gliden07
11-29-2012, 12:26 AM
I built one of these Evil guns!! It would talk to me in my Nightmares until I bought an Upper kit and Lower Reciever and assembled it!! Now I go to the range and shoot low cost 223 ammo at paper targets!!!!! Please help me!!! LOL!!!

Boerrancher
11-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Well I shot it the dreaded black gun yesterday with the red dot sight and was not satisfied with the red dot. I yanked it off and went back to a scope that I was familiar with, 2-7 power with an illuminated mil dot. I went to the reloading room and loaded up 40 pcs of 5.56 with 23.5 gr of AA2230 and a 69 grain BTHP. ( Yeah I know it is not a cast boolit. But come on give me a little slack here. I kill my deer during firearms season with cast boolits, during archery season I take my deer with literally sticks, string, and stone. I also cast my own round balls for my traditional ML's and take game with them regularly, so could all of you find it in your hearts to over look the 69 gr BTHP?)

I went to the range this morning and in less than an hour I was zeroed an inch high at 100 yds and ready to shoot an honest to goodness group. The first 5 shot group could be covered with a nickel, and after a 20 min cool down the second 5 shot group could be covered with a dime. I think I am going to develop a fondness for the dreaded black gun. Every one I ever had in the Army was a pretty good gun, but I don't ever remember getting groups that tight. I don't know what kind of range I will get with the 16 inch barrel over the standard 20 inch, but I ought to be good for coyotes out to 300 yards. If I am wrong on my range estimate please let me know.

Best wishes,

Joe

Bad Water Bill
11-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Joe

What happens when the BETTER 1/2 says "I like it".

With her broken hand she REALLY needs A PICKER UPPER. :kidding:

Boerrancher
11-29-2012, 01:04 PM
She likes her Walther, and she can use it one handed.

montana_charlie
11-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Well fellas, I finally got a gun that I have no use for, that I don't need, and will probably hardly ever use.
I did that last winter except that I bought the parts and assembled it, myself.
Why? Because almost everything else I have is single shot.

CM

M-Tecs
11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't know what kind of range I will get with the 16 inch barrel over the standard 20 inch, but I ought to be good for coyotes out to 300 yards. If I am wrong on my range estimate please let me know.

Best wishes,

Joe

Joe

If you are not shooting anything larger than coyotes I have a “magic” load for you. Start with a 40 ballistic tips or V-max over 27.5 grains of H335. I have yet to find a rifle that does not like this load. Out to three hundred it’s very flat and wind drift isn’t bad. I have only shot a couple of coyotes with 69 gr BTHP. I am guessing they didn’t open up as they both required a second shot. The ones I have hit with the 40 grs were DOA.

NoZombies
11-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Hummm, lake front, eh? Willing to trade for a bridge? Good income from the tolls, you kno! Congrats on the new rifle. Fun toy if nothing else.

Wait, income from TOLLS? I thought you were supposed to get the income from TROLLS.

That explains so many of my problems right there...

DIRT Farmer
11-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Joe where does the flint go on that thing?

Boerrancher
11-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Joe where does the flint go on that thing?

Yeah I know... been trying to figure out where to stick it since I bought the darn thing. This after noon I grabbed the old NW trade gun and went out for a bit. I was kind of feeling dirty after messing with that evil black thing and had to purify my soul with some smoke from the Holy Black.

Best wishes,

Joe

NSP64
11-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Joe

What happens when the BETTER 1/2 says "I like it". :

You replace the NASTY black plastic with the PINK plastic then go get yourself another. LOL

Boerrancher
11-30-2012, 10:51 PM
You replace the NASTY black plastic with the PINK plastic then go get yourself another. LOL

No not pink, my wife hates pink. She prefers the black. She would never own anything pink.

Best wishes,

Joe

montana_charlie
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
She prefers the black. She would never own anything pink.
That should narrow down your choices when thumbing through the Victoria's Secret catalog.

CM

Superfly
12-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Joe try a load of 25.5 grns of blc2 and 55 grn you may just like that Alot. And yes the 16 is well capable out to 400 to 500 if you do your part hell i would be hiding at 600 if it was pointed at me.