PDA

View Full Version : ??? Got some TZZ 45ACP Brass...

Russ in WY
11-25-2012, 04:22 PM
About 10% of it has [Match] included on the case head. Am I wrong in assuming that the Brass is the same & the Ingredients were ,what made it Match quality ???? Tks Russ.

gray wolf
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I have used a bunch of it, it's tough strong brass and the bullets seated a little hard,
No problem shooting it. I had many that said match, I just shot them all the same.
No difference in accuracy, I believe it's Israeli manufacturer, possibly Israeli Military.
Many of the primers were crimped and I had to ream the pockets.

wv109323
11-25-2012, 05:38 PM
IIRC the match brass does not have a crimped primer. The match ammo had to meet an accuracy requirement for the contract with the US military. The ammo was Israeli manufacture. The match ammo was used by the Markmanship units of the Marines and Army.

Ilwil
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
The Army was buying regular and competition .45 acp from the Israeli's in the mid to late 80s. The government was shutting off domestic .45 procurement as DOD transitioned to the M9 in 9mm, and it helped the Israeli government a bit with its lopsided aid obligations to the US. I shot both kinds (IMI and TZZ match) in USAR bullseye and combat competition, It is excellent quality, and I am still reloading mine over 25 yearsa later.

Russ in WY
11-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks guys , Yes I like the IMI & TZZ, good stuff. There is no crimp on it . I also have some 223 of both , it is tough stuff . This i got as part of a buy from a guy on this site, looks like it has all been reloaded .

HighHook
11-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Issued to the the Seal teams in the 80s. It had strict submersion qualities.