PDA

View Full Version : 8x57 heavy Boolit needs/wants

1Shirt
11-23-2012, 10:52 AM
I have an 8x57 that has next to no throat. It is swedish made, and shoots very well with the lee 175, BUT-----even that blt is below the neck. Have the 170 RD mold, that I have not yet shot, but it also requires below the neck seating. I use a filler, and am working up with 2400 and getting decent accuracy, under 2" at 50yds w/rec sights.

The problem I have (or maybe I should be satisfied with what I have), is that I would like to find a boolit of a weight in the 200 gr. area that would seat w/o being below the neck. Am wondering if anyone out there has an old Lyman/Ideal mold for 232366, or 328481 who would be willing to send me a few boolits from either one to see if they would work with my short throat. Would be happy to trade, cover postage, or what ever is workable.
I thank in advance all who respond to this thread.
1Shirt!:coffee:

johnnybar
11-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Some 6.5x55 match shooters double size bullets. The nose is reduced to partially engage the rifling or just snuggly ride on it. While the rest is sized to seal.

303Guy
11-28-2012, 02:03 AM
I can't help with boolits but might I ask what the throat actually looks like? Umm .... a throat slug is what I'm thinking of. (My casting set up doesn't exist yet and nor does my mold making set up).