PDA

View Full Version : Forum Handles

pumpguy
06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I am wondering if any of the other members here would be interested in sharing the meaning of their handles. Some are pretty self evident. Others are a downright mystery. I realize we do not want to spread our real names all over the internet, but, just the meaning may be kind of interesting. Anyone??

kodiak1
06-18-2007, 01:10 PM
kodiak1 because I looks like an old bear. Have been told that all of my life.
Ken.

45nut
06-18-2007, 01:22 PM
pumpguy,,,you coulda started with your own eh?
my own? I am accused of having a kinda,,ever so slight bias toward a 45 caliber cartridge over such feeble and pathetic choices such as 40 or 44's. :p

oksmle
06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
oksmle .... Sundog gave this handle to me when he signed me up on the old Shooters Forum. You'll have to ask him why.

oksmle

trickyasafox
06-18-2007, 02:18 PM
mine is a play on an old simpsons episode where homer says . . . .LIKE A FOX!

it just slowly morphed into trickyasafox

HCL
06-18-2007, 03:15 PM
HCL, well long story short:
Hard Cast Lead, no particular reason, other than that is all I could think of at the time?

jballs918
06-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Jballs918 now there is a odd one. well i got jballs from playing highschool football. my name is jason and most call me j. and someone said it one time and it stuck. now on to the 918. 918 was the month and day my first kid was born. so one day i was making an account and i came up with it.

Dutch4122
06-18-2007, 03:21 PM
My nickname given to me by my buddies in the Army, "Dutch."

And my badge #, "4122."

Bigscot
06-18-2007, 03:42 PM
"Big" 6'3" 340 lbs, "scot"- Dad's mother and father came from Scotland after WW1.

Bigscot

STP
06-18-2007, 04:15 PM
S****The Phantom...

Given to me back in `03 for another Forum.

Because I don`t speak up enough.

Usually because things have already been asked and answered.

Still looking for some of those "STP" stickers from days gone by....

pumpguy
06-18-2007, 04:43 PM
I guess I could have started with my own. I have been involved in the water well business for about 11 years. In my last job I was an on the road salesman. One of my customers youngest daughter always used to run in the office when I would pull up yelling, "Chris the pumpguy is here!" It just kind of stuck.

rugerman1
06-18-2007, 04:51 PM
I can't remember why I choose this name.I only own 2 guns, a Lorcin 9mm and a Daisy Red Rider BB gun :mrgreen:

Moose
06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Got named Moose when still a boy scout- went into the Army mumble-odd years ago, along with some of my buddies. The name stuck. Time base clue- I humped a BAR for the first couple of years, then we got "modern" ized.....Now that was a sweet piece of iron.

Johnch
06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Well I started with my name and choped it down to fit
There was already a John and a bunch of other John's
So I came up with someting I could remember

John

357maximum
06-18-2007, 05:37 PM
I guess I have one of them "OBVIOUS" handles.

357maximum the best little 35 caliber deer slaying/most efficient and accurate straightwall rule legal pistol round on the planet...simply would not fit in the handle window.

tommag
06-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Tommag is a combination of my wifes name and mine. Used it for e-mail and started using it for boards.

JeffinNZ
06-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Jeff cos that's my name (though mother insists it is Jeffery.....:roll: )

inNZ cos I live WAAAAYYYY down here at the bottom of the world in New Zealand.

I am also known on some boards as "The Cast Bullet Kid" (TCBK). My pen name in the writing I do for a local magazine.

monadnock#5
06-18-2007, 06:46 PM
The original settlers of the town I live in came by dispensation of the Governor of Mass. The Charter issued to them gave them permission to settle on a tract of land known as Monadnock#5. And yes, I can trace my ancestry back to those pioneers.

SharpsShooter
06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Pretty simple here....shooter of Sharps Rifles....SharpsShooter.

SS

dragonrider
06-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Dragonrider from my favourite books by Ann McCaffrey.

redneckdan
06-18-2007, 09:13 PM
redneckdan- cause my name is Dan, and I'm a redneck.

Old Ironsights
06-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Semi Obvious.

It's both a Pun on my Avatar and a description of how I shoot - I don't use optics - and that I swore an alegiance to protect, with violence if necessary, and value above all other earthly things, the Constitution.

Buckshot
06-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Dragonrider from my favourite books by Ann McCaffrey.

............I liked her "Ship Who Sang" book.

Buckshot because my grandfather gave all us grandkids nicknames, and that was mine.

...........Buckshot

Catshooter
06-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Eighteen or so feral cats with a Colt .45 auto. Would've gotten the other fifteen or so but one day they all up and left for healthier pastures, all in a group. That 210 grain RCBS worked a treat on 'em.

Cat

DeanoBeanCounter
06-18-2007, 10:02 PM
DeanoBeanCounter
:-D My name is Dean, someone calls me Deano once in a while all my life. But someplace on the net someone already has that name.
Stay with me now.
Bean Counter, I once was an inventory clerk and counted lots of things. My son called me a bean counter.
Still with me?
But someplace on the net somewne already has that name.
So I just put them both together and get DeanoBeanCounter.
As far as I know I'm the only one. I think I'm the only one loony enough to take such a long name.
Deano

chevyiron420
06-18-2007, 10:03 PM
cause i keep working on this 56 chevy 2 door sedan, and it has a 420 inch small block in it i built. maybe if i live long enough ill finish it??? now my son has bought a 57, and its here in the yard. ill enjoy helping him on it when he gets back from irac.-phil

felix
06-18-2007, 10:20 PM
What is the bore/stroke for that 420? What block? ... felix

StrawHat
06-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Most all of my conch covers are made of straw.

At work some guy hollered it and and I answered to it.

Been doing it ever since.

shooter575
06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Boy I had a heck of a time coming up with a handle when I started surfing the net.At that time I was scrach building a Harpers Ferry 55 rifle and it used a .575 minne.So I signed up on the old Shooters BB with shooter575. I use it for just about every BB I go to.

ez4545
06-18-2007, 11:23 PM
About 20 years ago I picked up 3 1911s in about 6 months. Some person in my family who will remain unnamed, made a comment about how easy it must be to sell me a 45.

So ez45 and then the other 45 was added because my screen name wouldn't take when I registered without adding two more letters or numbers.

bill

waksupi
06-18-2007, 11:23 PM
I worked for over thirty years, doing Indian artifact restoration, and reproductions. Waksupi translates as "Beadworker" in Lakota.

charlie3tuna
06-18-2007, 11:25 PM
I never thought my first post would be an explanation, but....

Charles is my given name, Tuna my nickname, and 3 because someone else used charlietuna as a handle on another forum.

Remember the line from the commercial: "Sorry, Charley, Starkist wants tuna that tastes good, not tuna with good taste?" Well, I had my sunglasses on while playing a game of Hearts at school. After the Queen of Spades was dumped on me for the third time during the game, (13 points against you), my friend said "Sorry Charlie." To my classmates, I became Tuna.

Love this forum for what I learned that ISN'T written in casting or reloading books. That is, once I learned most of the abbreviations which IMHO=PITA. What is SEE?

TIA charlie

Tom W.
06-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Maybe because of where I live?

Murphy
06-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Mine is simply as obvious as it gets...it's my name. I do find it registered on other sites occasionally when I attempt to register at that particular site...so I just lenghten it to Murphy2000 for the most part.

I'm 53 years old now and for the better part of those years...seems I never have had a first name......just Murphy.

Murphy

crazy mark
06-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Mine is because they call me crazy at work. I'd test the safeties on the old boilers by jumping out the high pressure switches. Also figure if something is broke I can't make it worse, only better. Mark is my given name. Mark

carpetman
06-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Waksupi knows most of us don't speak Lakota so he can tell us it means bead worker. He may truly believe that as some Lakota might have told him that---but it really means something to do with sheep--more specifically ewes.

wills
06-19-2007, 12:22 AM
Waksupi knows most of us don't speak Lakota so he can tell us it means bead worker. He may truly believe that as some Lakota might have told him that---but it really means something to do with sheep--more specifically ewes.

Lakota translations

http://language.nativeweb.org/Lakota_translation.htm

Four Fingers of Death
06-19-2007, 12:42 AM
This thread comes up every now and then, but we are always getting new members, so it bears repeating. Curosity caused me to lose the last joint of my right ring finger some 25 years or so ago. When i went to work in the prison system, one of the bosses was called fourfingersofdeath, because he was short a digit and was famous for his unique way of handling troublesome inmates. He was a real big guy and had a deep voice. He was only a couple of year older than me, but as I was a big guy and has an almost identical voice over the phone, I started getting called 'son of Klok' (his surname) or fourfingersofdeath.

My cowboy action handle is fourfingersofdeath, but when I registered for this board some years back, for some reason I shortened it to 4fingermick.

When I worked at my first prison, there were three of us that were always sent in to sort out trouble, not that we were any great shakes, but I suppose we were always willing. The cons called us, Agent Orange (vietnam vet), Jabba the Hut (big cuddly guy, but a kick boxer) and fourfingersofdeath.

It sorta stuck.
Mick.

Lee
06-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Ewwwweeeuuuuuuuu!!!!!! That's too much information.......

Lee. My name. Because like the dies and presses, anything named Lee can't be all bad...................Lee:wink:

nvbirdman
06-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Now everybody probably thinks I like birds. Well I do like birds, they taste like chicken.
Actually it's rather simple, I live in Nevada and I drive a Firebird.

Jim
06-19-2007, 06:21 AM
Self explanatory.

madcaster
06-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Mad as a hatter is a term I have heard,and I am a caster of lead,so the variation sounded good.
Not too mad at anyone by the way.:drinks:

No_1
06-19-2007, 07:57 AM
There are some wonderful names with great stories here. When I first joined our group in maybe '96 I used my whole birth name. I was "warned" by fellow members that it may not be a good idea to advertise who I was. When we went to the 2nd version of the board I chose NO_1 because of my addiction to those wonderful single shot ruger rifles. At the time I had 3-4 #3's but I could not get the name to stick when signing up so I changed it to NO_1. I caught static since I owned #3's but no #1's so to keep the board happy and the static to a minimum I started getting #1's. Ya'll sure know how to ruin a guy....

Rottweiler
06-19-2007, 08:22 AM
The particular breed of dog that is currently laying on his bed snoring like a chainsaw. I've always had Rotties. Parents had them when I was a kid. Grandparents had them too.

Oddly enough, one of my uncles dug up the roots on the family tree, Found out that we are from Rottweil Germany. A connection? Could be part of my family heritage?

rmb721
06-19-2007, 08:29 AM
rmb= my initials. 721= I have a few 721 Remingtons

quack1
06-19-2007, 08:51 AM
I live for duck season. First forum I registered on was a duck hunting site and "quack" wouldn't work so I added the 1.

NVcurmudgeon
06-19-2007, 10:19 AM
With a bow to one of my heroes, Winston Churchill, I have always related to a quote attributed to him. "If you are twenty and are not a liberal, you have no heart. If you are forty and not a conservative, you have no brain. And if you are sixty and are not a curmudgeon, perhaps you haven't been paying attention." I use the word in the modern sense, meaning an iconoclast, or someone who is always quick to notice that the emperor is naked and announce it. The NV prefix was added when I gratefully escaped from the People's Republic to the west.

Crash_Corrigan
06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Back in 1965 I was a rookie cop in NYC. We had major call to help a fellow officer and a taxi was double parked leaving me only about 6 inches of clearance on each side to get through. I went through at about 50 mph and as I did so the passenger opened his door on my side. I took it off and kept on going. Later he was complaining to the desk Lieutenant about the crazy cop who took off his door etc. The Lieutenant had me give him a citation for opening his door into traffic and double parking to boot. He called me Crash Corrigan ever since and it stuck!

sundog
06-19-2007, 03:22 PM
oksmle .... Sundog gave this handle to me when he signed me up on the old Shooters Forum. You'll have to ask him why.

oksmle

...Okay. Smelly.

Actually, IIRC, on the old shooters board you had trouble getting registered as 'SMLE', so I tried for you, but it wanted at least 6 characters or digits. So, in all of my infinite wisdom, I stuck an 'ok' on there. It's worked ever since.

Okay, smelly?

btw, fellers, don't challenge him to a dual with a SMLE!

Hunter
06-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Mine is simple, that is my first name.:mrgreen:

cattleskinner
06-19-2007, 06:07 PM
I worked in the local meat plant from the age of 14-22 or 23, as well as one while I was in college. Pretty self explanatory.:-D

~~Amos

STP
06-19-2007, 07:12 PM
charlie3tuna,

PM sent with an explanation of SEE. Sort of.....

Welcome to the Forum!

Edward429451
06-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Edward was taken, Edward1 was taken, after a few tries I just had to jump up to a higher number so it would take. First thing that popped into my head was bullet diameters. 429 = 44, 451 = 45's. I'm a big bore guy. I should have made it 430452 since I prolly load 1000/1 lead/jacketed easy, maybe more.

cattleskinner
06-19-2007, 07:24 PM
charlie3tuna,

I was pretty proud of myself after I figured out what "swmbo" stood for....never saw it before coming to this site.

~~Amos[smilie=1:

357maximum
06-19-2007, 07:34 PM
charlie3tuna,

I was pretty proud of myself after I figured out what "swmbo" stood for....never saw it before coming to this site.

~~Amos[smilie=1:

:roll: I did not know what that meant at first either, but my wife explained it to me.:Fire:

obssd1958
06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Several years back I was trying to find something for my personalized license plate. I wanted the Elk plate and they would only let you put 5 characters on it. I also wanted it to be something that said something about me. I hunt almost year around for one critter or another and "SWMBO" is always accusing me of being "obssessed", so I shortened it for my license plate to OBSSD. 1958 is the year I was born.

As with some of the others here, I too stay with the same handle for most of the places that I frequent.

Don

waksupi
06-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Carpetman comes from the wool rugs on all of his floors!

Onlymenotu
06-19-2007, 10:26 PM
umm I'm guessing mine is one of the less obvious years ago when I first joining fourms of different sort's I need a username thought and thought wanting a clever username and I finally said what the h3ll just let me in it's Only/me/not/u as in nobody importiant... I just want to join the board.... let me in D@mnit[smilie=1:

buck1
06-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Its my name and a one because someone on the old fourm(who I never saw a post from) already had Buck.I just kept the one when we came over to Gun loads.
buck,buck1,catfish.
You can tell I'm a real deep thinker!!...LOL....Buck

floodgate
06-19-2007, 11:28 PM
"Floodgate" on accounta' we live across the road from Floodgate Creek and the Floodgate Store and Deli on CA 128 between Cloverdale on 101 and the Coast Highway 1. Two stories on the "floodgate"; one I have told before (on the old "Shooters") has the "floodgate" as a check dam to build a pond to load with logs, then dynamite it to let them float down to the Navarro River a mile to the south and thence to the Pacific to be milled on the flats at the river's mouth and loaded on a timber schooner for construction in the SF Bay area.

The second, recent version is more prosaic, and probably true: it refers to a swinging horizontal gateway in a local fence line that would stop livestock escaping up the stream channel, but would swing open in flood conditions and let the high water flow through.

Whatever the true story, out 5 acre "farmlet" is called "Floodgate Station" (a play on a handcar turnout on the old Albion & Southeastern RR right-of-way that runs along our upper fence - and petered out in 1907 a mile or so further SE - and the term Mick, Grumpy One and other OZ-niks will recognize as referring to our small Shetland sheep-flock operation).

Carpetman, BE WARNED: TRESPASSERS WILL BE VIOLATED!

Handy and easy to remember for this 76-yr.-old who occasionally forgets his own name!

ktw
06-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Initials.

Been working with computers since the mid 80s. Always used my initials for user accounts on the Unix machines.

-ktw

Doughty
06-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Back when I joined CASS I had to come up with an alias. I was always partial to Teddy Roosevelt. When Roosevelt came out West he was befriended by a fellow named Victor Smith (also known as Yellowstone Vic). Smith was a buffalo hunter and professional shooter. Roosevelt was in his twenties at the time and Smith was only a couple years older. Teddy would tease Smith by calling him "Old" Vic. Roosevelt also said that Smith was the "best shot" that he knew. Now, I'm not really the best shot, but then I'm not "really" old either.

LIMPINGJ
06-20-2007, 09:43 AM
My first name starts with the letter J and I walk with a limp.

garandsrus
06-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, I got into the whole rifle thing because of Garands. I went to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs for two years quite a while ago. We had Garands in our room for parades and such. We never got to shoot them though. Supposedly they didn't have a firing pin. I never knew enough to look... Since that time I have always wanted to shoot a Garand.

I attended a High Power match to qualify to buy a Garand through the CMP and have been hooked ever since. I now have 5 Garand's, 2 03A3's, 1 Carbine, 2 AR-15's, and several other mil surp rifles that I shoot.

The "rus" part of the handle was borrowed from "Toys R Us"...

John

RSOJim
06-21-2007, 07:32 AM
My name is Jim. I am a range safety officer at the central florida rifle and pistol club. Therefore RSOJim

no34570
06-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Pretty obvious what my username stands for[smilie=1:

I have and use a no3 Ruger in 45/70.
Cheers
no34570:castmine:

Trapshooter
06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
My handle is another of those that isn't too subtle, my other shooting obsession. I used to lurk on the old Shooters board, and when the discussions started on the Hungarian carbines, I had to have one. To shoot it, I had to cast! Things haven't been the same since. In the process of learning the "hows and whys" of casting, I have also learned a lot more about shooting, ballistics, and reloading. It has become more fun than "smoking targets". Thanks!

Trapshooter

59stude
06-21-2007, 12:19 PM
My handle is easy, because it was my first car, still have it, and a few more real american cars ranging from 1953 -1991 year model, but my love is still mostly to Studebakers, and I would never buy a car made in another country then USA, same goes for my guns and motorcycles.

59stude

Maineboy
06-21-2007, 12:47 PM
I had posted as deerhunter on the old Marlin board. Some kind soul over there referred me to the Shooters' board because all I posted about was cast bullets. (I hadn't learned the correct spelling of boolits yet.) Anyway, someone else had the handle deerhunter so I became Maineboy. As you can surmise, I live in Maine but some of you may not know that I'm way too old to be a boy so I guess the handle is a bit misleading. The nickname was given to me years ago by some Vermont fellers at a conference I attended in their State.

Bass Ackward
06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Bass ackward was given to me by my mother. When I was a child she would always say that was the way I started out life and I have been a Pain to her ever since. That mental stigma affected my adult life. :grin:

When I started reading this board, I realized that my thoughts and results toward cast bullets were usually off the standard path again. So what better way to prepare a reader for what was ahead if he continued to read my post, than to use that name.

And so the saga continues.

But Thank God for this Thread. Sure glad Onlymenotu showed me I was puttin the lines in the wrong place!!! (Only / Men / otu) But there are a few more out there to clear up and I hope they respond. :grin:

scrapcan
06-21-2007, 03:21 PM
KTW has my answer also. I have had to deal with user namesin *nix systems and I always use some variation of name and initials. Then it is a shorter guess when you forget. I wish I had a better imagination or a different last name most of the time.

ebner glocken
06-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Well, my name is far from "ebner" I only own two glocks and shoot other toys much more than the glocks. I kinda see glocks like i see hammer and screwdriver.......useful and needed but far from pleasing to use. If you look on some other forems and on midwayusa.com of "customer ratings" that is me. I made up that name long ago at the spur of the moment and just stuck with it.

Boz330
06-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Boz was a name I got tagged with in high school, from Boswell. Didn't much care for it, but couldn't out run it either. After 45 years it kind of grew on me. 330 is my month and day of birth. Pretty simple but doesn't take much thinkin. It's the same on all the forums I frequent.

Bob

Larry Gibson
06-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Guess mine is rather obvious.

Larry Gibson

twotoescharlie
06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
self explainitory= lawnmower accident in 1967

TTC

ez4545
06-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Hey Charlie what part of the state are you in? I'm between Lilburn, Snellville and Lawrenceville.

Bill

BD
06-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Mine is a nickname from my initials, (using "Bill" for "William"), bestowed upon me by my peers at Penn State back in the early 70's when the comic strip Dunesberry was gaining popularity. Certain similarities between myself and the comic strip character caused it to stick, at least among my college friends. My actual initials have become somewhat ominous of late, being "WMD".
BD

MT Gianni
06-21-2007, 11:37 PM
MT for Montana, Gianni as an alternative spelling for Johnny.

454PB
06-22-2007, 12:40 AM
454PB because I own several .454's, as well as .45 Colts, which is the caliber that got me into casting in my early 20's. Technically the PB should be Pb, for lead. I know some members think it's for "plain base", which I use a lot, but gas checks are your friend when you shoot .454 Casulls.

mooman76
06-22-2007, 12:53 AM
It's what is on my licence plate!

9.3X62AL
06-22-2007, 02:09 AM
My handle is kinda obvious--having to do with a VERY fine cast and jacketed bullet caliber, the 9.3 x 62 Mauser, sort of a 36-06.

Four Fingers of Death
06-22-2007, 05:21 AM
mooman76

Best not do any moonin' round here! :)

Rick N Bama
06-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Rick N Bama,

My name is Rick & I live in Alabama.

Nardoo
06-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Nardoo is the name of my little place. Means water grass in the local lingo.

Nardoo

kywoodwrkr
06-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Enjoy wood working and live in KY.
ky wood wrkr kywoodwrkr
Friend's userid is ky tutor! :-) kytutor
DaveP kywoodwrkr

mike in co
06-22-2007, 07:58 PM
mike in co........

hmmmmmmmmmm how tuff is that ???

now i have another name i use thru out the www.......

ar10ar15man
ar15...several of those
ar10...a couple of those
man...my initials

i use to do a lot of sales in mags and parts for these rifles......

45 2.1
06-22-2007, 07:58 PM
When I tried to register on the old Shooters site, 4570 and numerous variations were taken, so I tried a less obvious version of 45 2.1 which is Sharps designation for the 4570. I have made the 4570 an obsession due to a statement by Harry M. Pope, specifically that the 4570 wouldn't shoot. He was dead wrong about that one.

Nueces
06-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I had a list of possible cowboy actin' handles when I signed up - Nueces was the first one not already taken. It's a south Texas brush country river, lotsa cowboy history, and it runs through a military gunnery range I have a lot of time with.

M Quigley
06-22-2007, 09:41 PM
I post under Shootist in the Shiloh Sharps forum and ASSRA (American Single Shot Rifle Association). I am bleubyu2 in ebay where I sell most of my extraneous gun parts and moulds etc. Was Yoteman on the 10-22 forum way back for the oldies among us and Shootist was obviously taken here. Why M Quigley? This should be the obvious, in deference to our man in the outback who wouldn't harm an aborigine but didn't mind ventilating a few bad boys bent on his destruction. My favorite rifle for fun is a Shiloh Sharps sporter #3 in 45-70 and am just now getting proficient in its use out to 1000 yards for recreational purposes only at this time! Am getting ready to try cast in a #4 mk 2 Enfield and perhaps in my national match barreled M1 Garand, altho the Garand does shoot sweet with the palma match bullets, if I do my part. Elmer Keith was asked if he could only have one rifle, what would it be? (He was a wise man and experienced old geezer...)

dnepr
06-22-2007, 10:14 PM
My handle is directly related to my aavatar. Ihave a dnepr motorcycle and due to its wierd spelling it is usually available at any forum that I join.

shooter575
06-22-2007, 11:48 PM
My handle is kinda obvious--having to do with a VERY fine cast and jacketed bullet caliber, the 9.3 x 62 Mauser, sort of a 36-06.

Al,I didnt notice you changed your handle after retiring.Your still Deputy Al ....

carpetman
06-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Years ago,I had the worst job in the universe. I was a welfare/food stamp case worker. All day it was fight with the state computer. Computers were nothing but stress and frustration and I truly hated them. I could not understand why anyone would buy one and spend time on it. My late brother bought one and was always on it. He had dial up connection,and his phone was always busy. Then he became terminally ill and the only way I could communicate with him was to get a %^&^%$# computer,the phone was busy. He was the most avid Dallas Cowboy fan in the world--even more so than me. He spent a lot of time in NFL chatrooms--arguing with non Cowboy fans and sometimes Cowboy fans too. He wanted me to join and he had a handle picked out--I had a carpet cleaning business at the time and he knew people would have other connotations for the name. So I became carpetman and when I went to shooters back in 1998 I was carpetman there,and here when Shooters closed down. I play pinochle and EBAY as coggy100.

MGySgt
06-23-2007, 08:24 AM
MGySgt = Master Gunnery Sergeant - which is my rank.

Not as Lean, Not as Mean, But still a Marine!

Drew

versifier
06-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Mine's one of the obvious kind. I write. Lots. Fiction, non fiction, articles, poetry. I am the only person in the history of either organization to be both a member of the Poetry Society of NH and a NH Hunter/Bowhunter Ed Instructor. I get some weird looks when I give people my card. My shooting friends figure someone has to write poetry about something real for a change, and the little old ladies (many of whom are not that old[smilie=1: ) figure someone has to bring some culcha to the redneck masses.

beemer
06-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Two BMW R90/6 motorcycles, 74 & 76.
Sometimes beemer76 on other boards.

beemer

C1PNR
06-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Mine comes from my time at Camp Pendleton. I was in C Company 1st Pioneer Battalion.

That's also on my Veterans License Plate on the 84 Blazer.

castalott
06-23-2007, 08:00 PM
comes from the fact that I 'cast a lot'...or I used to anyway AND I wanted something that sounds like it could be in a Shakespeare play....which is another of my great loves......

The Double D
06-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Mine comes from my time at Camp Pendleton. I was in C Company 1st Pioneer Battalion.

That's also on my Veterans License Plate on the 84 Blazer.

C1PNR!!!! Now that's old Corps!!!!

S/F

todd987
06-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Todd = first name 987 = wife's street address when I first met her

EZ4545 - think I'm close to you. I'm off the parkway and bethesda church rd.

GP100man
06-24-2007, 11:47 AM
rugerman,rugerjunkie&rugershooter were taken, so i used the revolver i shoot the most of GP100man .i use it everywhere itll work!!

GP100man

:cbpour:

robertbank
06-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Well Robert is my first name and I spent my life working in a Bank.

Take Care

Bob

rugerman1
06-24-2007, 12:18 PM
rugerman,rugerjunkie&rugershooter were taken, so i used the revolver i shoot the most of GP100man .i use it everywhere itll work!!

GP100man

:cbpour:

neener,neener :mrgreen:

Unter
06-25-2007, 10:28 AM
My Sons dog is named Hunter.... When you call him, he hears Unter. Isn't that odd?
Pretty good handle tho, I started using it.

John O.

13Echo
06-25-2007, 01:12 PM
13Echo. My MOS (Military Occupational Speciality) in my first hitch in the Army was 13E20 or 13 Echo. Field Artillery Operations and Intelligence, better know as Fire Direction Center.

Jerry Liles
ex Redleg

trooperdan
06-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Guess I might as well join in also! I am an old retired army paratrooper. Now a fat old civilian still working for "the man" at FT Bragg NC.

XBT
06-25-2007, 04:39 PM
XBT= Ex Boiler Tender. Four years navy time, then another thirty-five years as a civilian employee of the army.

dromia
06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Dromia is the name of my family croft in the Highlands of Scotland, where I was born and where I hope to die, eventually. :-D

[/URL][URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/adamsutherland/Brora/Dromia_23.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/adamsutherland/Brora/Dromia_1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/adamsutherland/Brora/Dromia_1.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/adamsutherland/Brora/Dromia_10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/adamsutherland/Brora/Dromia_23.jpg

catboat
06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
"catboat"

I grew up near the coast, and have always loved the lines of this style of sailboat. One of these days, I'll get one.

They are typically very beamy (wide) for their length. They are designed for shallow/shoal areas. The look great under sail. Beautiful lines. It has nothing to do with shooting.

Marshall makes a beautiful catboat. Here's a dreamer:

http://www.smallcraftadvisor.com/boatreview_marshall_sanderling.html

Taylor
06-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Couldn't think of anything(didn't really try),so I just used my name.

Taylor
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey trooperdan,do you work on McCall? Got friends there and in Aberdeen,PineBluff area.

felix
06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah, catboat, that is a great looking boat! My name is actually Felix, named after a German saint. Don't know which one. As felix the cat, I would prefer a boat that looks like a full blown clipper ship, like the cuttysark, but scaled down to the approximate size of your catship, perhaps a little longer to allow two masts, with maybe two square (crosswise) sails each. Oh, need a boom out front too with two triangle sails on them. Well, might as well include a poop deck for obvious reasons. ... felix

Whitespider
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Whitespider

When I was 15 Dad took the family to Florida, to see Disney World. On the way back we stopped in Nashville to spend New Years with old friends of his. Dad and his buddy got to pourin’ down a little too much “Holiday Cheer” and let me “join” the fun. Drink of choice that night was the White Spider (big glass of Vodka with a splash of white Crème d’ Menthe). I got positively SMASHED, fallin’ down drunk. I puked all over the house, my mom and myself. I was sick for three days after, what fun! I was 45 before I could stand to drink Vodka. Mom was so mad at Dad for givin’ me booze that she didn’t talk to him for a week. After that night Dad started using “Whitespider” as his "CB Handle" (does anyone remember what a CB is?), I just continued the tradition. Mom still gets teed off when she hears it.

Dead Calm
06-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Dead calm is the milisecond just before pulling the last of the trigger with an enemy in your sights, (SNIPER)

ammohead
06-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Long time ago I worked for a cable tv/telephone installing contractor. There was a fellow on the crew (didn't know his real name) that everyone called bearinghead. When I needed a handle I thought of him.

ammohead

crazy mark
06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
XBT= Ex Boiler Tender. Four years navy time, then another thirty-five years as a civilian employee of the army.

Ain't no such thing as an ex-BT. Once a BT always a BT.....Never get that rust and soot out of your system from cleaning watersides and firesides....Mark

bglz42
06-26-2007, 07:09 AM
We have two beagles... hence the name Beagles for two!

XBT
06-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Ain't no such thing as an ex-BT. Once a BT always a BT.....Never get that rust and soot out of your system from cleaning watersides and firesides....Mark

Spoken like one who was there.....

Cheers, Jim

Gussy
06-27-2007, 05:36 PM
When I joined Shooters, the names I tried were taken. I looked above my desk in the shop and looking back at me was a photo of my old black lab that had just died, Gussy. That photo is still looking back at me.

As an alternate when gussy is taken, I use Gus2 or Dozer, my current lab.

duke76
06-29-2007, 06:23 PM
I have been Duke for as long as I remember and 76 is the year which I was born, Duke is usually taken on most of the boards so I combined the 2 and came up with Duke76.

EMC45
06-30-2007, 03:42 PM
EMC45= Evan with an Irish last name and of course the .45 ACP!!!

Kraschenbirn
06-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Handle comes from my other avocational obsession: RC (radio-controlled) model airplanes. One of my favorite aircraft is a semi-scale Fokker E-II monoplane (circa 1915). This particular bird, initially, had sufficient teething problems that some of the guys around the club flying field began referring to me as "Baron von Kraschenbirn" whenever I rolled out the Fokker for a test flight.

Eventually, I got it sorted out, though, and today the airplane...after more than a few "controlled-crash" landings and 2 1/2 rebuilds...flies with a fully detailed pilot figure (including a Kaiser Wilhelm moustache and pickelhaub helmet!) and carries "Hauptmann von Kraschenbirn" neatly lettered under the cockpit in gothic script.

Bill

sagamore-one
06-30-2007, 05:55 PM
My handle refers to an award bestowed by the Governor of the great state of Indiana: Sagamore of the Wabash.
My violin shop is Sagamore Strings......so...I'm Sagamore - One.

milkman-06
07-01-2007, 10:35 PM
My handle is from a name I started using after dropping my real name on the C&R FFL
list, and the o6 from the year my wife and I stopped milking.
Russ near beautiful Freistatt
in SW Missouri

Fireball 57
07-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Fireball 57

As an Army corpman, In Vietnam, I was attached to an armor unit. I signed for Uncle Sam's med track, to transport injured Marines and provide an occational private moment for the lovelorn officer and Red Cross lady. Radio frequencies changed frequently and at one time I was called Fireball 57 in Medical track 57.

TDB9901
07-02-2007, 09:53 AM
TDB .........my initials......9901....... My badge number.

45nut
12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Bump ,, just cuz'

woodman51jfk
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Cabinet maker by trade, born '51, initials of my name= woodman51jfk.........I try to keep things simple so's I don't forget.........

wire nut
12-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Wire Nut. as I do electrical work for a living and It was the easiest for me to remember

RayinNH
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm of French-Canadian descent. Hence the frog...Ray

Typecaster
12-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Typographer/graphic designer is my "day job" (about as useful a profession nowadays as a buggy whip maker), and I've cast my own since 1963.

whisler
12-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Whisler: kind of obvious, except for the corrupted spelling. Got the nickname at a black powder rendezvous. We were sitting around a campfire on a Sunday evening singing hymns, and I was just whistling because I didn't play a musucal instrument like some of the others.

modoc
12-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Mine came from when I started CAS in college. At first it was The Kid from Modoc, having just moved there before going off to school. Shortened down to just Modoc, and it now appears on various boards :)

flhroy
12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
My other passion in life is riding motorcycles. I bought my first Harley in 1969, a 1953 Hydra-Glide for $350 which I still have. I now ride a Road King and its model designation is FLHR. My name is Roy and the two just kind of came together.

Roy

NOUGLYGUN
12-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I just seem to pick the uglyest gun on the rack at the gun shop. The pretty ones don't seem to interest me.

LET-CA
12-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Nothing too imaginative, my initials - in California

LET-CA

Razor
12-02-2007, 11:02 PM
My name is Ray,
Razor because I'm so darn "sharp"...;>)
OK..OK..
Came from a contraction in a conversation, "...is it Rays or is it?... " ...Raysor ...Razor...

Yance
12-02-2007, 11:06 PM
What my close friends call me, (at least in public:grin:) On some other forums I'm Ol' Red hung on my by a close, now departed friend. Still have SOME red hair around the edges but the beard is mostly whitish.:grin:

hydraulic
12-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I couldn't get initials, nicknames, or any combination of letters that hadn't already been taken. Coming back from the Tulsa gun show we came into Wichita and there was an exit sign for Hydraulic Avenue. Figured noone would use that word and they didn't.

Ricochet
12-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Back sometime in the mid-'90s when I ran across the Shooters board, I noticed everyone seemed to be using a handle. So when I registered I tried several shooting-related words. Ricochet was the first one it took. I use it on most of the boards I get on. If it's already taken, I'm usually OldIronMan. (That's 'cause I like old engines and stuff.)

Char-Gar
12-03-2007, 12:19 AM
I had intended to use parts of my first and last name and come up with Chargra..but I miss keyed and I have been Chargar ever since. Most folks think I mispelled Charger, but now you have the real story.

oneokie
12-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Self explanatory.

crabo
12-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Mine is the first 3 letters of my first name (Craig) and the first two of how my last name is pronounced. It is intended to be pronounced craybo, as in Craig Bo but my friends like to call me crab-o, or crab man, or craigmeyer, craigster, or.....

S.R.Custom
12-03-2007, 01:58 AM
What can I say... I've got a fondness (proclivity?) for Elgin Gates' stretched magnums. :mrgreen:

NVcurmudgeon
12-03-2007, 02:01 AM
I had intended to use parts of my first and last name and come up with Chargra..but I miss keyed and I have been Chargar ever since. Most folks think I mispelled Charger, but now you have the real story.

And all these years I thought you had overcooked a prehistoric looking fish at one of the famous Texas fish fries. It makes me sad to see another Old West legend debunked.

MtGun44
12-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Pretty easy, I have a bunch of .44 mags and one of my favorites is the
S&W Mountain Gun 629, and the more common abbreviation was taken . . . .

Bill

Bad Water Bill
12-03-2007, 02:56 AM
My name is the name my uncle used for over 25 years representing the state of Nevada at outdoor and travel shows with his companion Gravel Girty ( he inherited her from the original Death Valley Scotty ). BWB got that name from prospecting that area of Death Valley. When BWB does not work I just add prospector. Well thats my story and I am sticking with it. BWB :castmine:

AkMike
12-03-2007, 04:36 AM
Simple for me! I'm in Alaska and my name is Mike.....

FISH4BUGS
12-03-2007, 09:03 AM
For some 25 years, I had a 16 foot Amesbury Skiff rigged out for lobstering and had 25-50 traps. Lobstering has always been called fishing in New England, and the lobsters were called bugs by the old timers.....ergo FISH4BUGS!

1Shirt
12-03-2007, 09:39 AM
1Shirt=First Sgt (Retired).
1Shirt!:coffee:

Freightman
12-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Freightman What I did for 35 years delevered freight. Worked for every one of the major lines back in the late 60's until I found one that wouldn't lay you off when they had a slow day. then spent 30 years with them.

crowbuster
12-03-2007, 11:02 AM
nothin fancy here, just love to bust crows, and coyotes, and deer, and prairie dogs, and chipmunks, and pigeons, well on and on. crowbuster was not run of the mill i thought and had been using it on a few other forums.

BBA
12-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Big Bad Al, nickname I got working on the fire dept. I use to carry the jaws and the power unit off the rig to where we needed it, took down doors, walls etc. I'm a pretty big guy and use to get all the dirty jobs when I was the low seniority guy. It was always fun to hang on to the diabetic reaction pateints till someone could get some sugar in them, kinda like hangin on to an angry bull.

MGD
12-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Always enjoyed the Class III guns, have been called Machine Gun Dave for a while

OBXPilgrim
12-04-2007, 10:25 PM
OBX is the play on airport 3 letter names of the big cities, but it's used to name the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

I live in the mountains in NC, but 2-3 times a year I make a "pilgrimage" (no, I'm not muslim) to the holy grail of saltwater beach fishing - the Outer Banks. Also, one of my shootin buds way back used to always say "good job, pilgrim", "let's go, pilgrim", etc.

I've enjoyed shooting since I was 9-10 (thanks, grandpa!), reloading since '85 (thanks, boy scout leader!), and OBX fishing since '89 (thanks, to my older brother!).

The fish in the avatar photo is a 50" long Red Drum caught from the beach at the "Point" at Cape Hatteras (released right after the photo). He dragged me 200 yards down the beach. He's my biggest caught from the beach - I handed the rod off to my 19 yr old son a couple years ago during the summer. 40 minutes later he had a 95 lb Cobia, which would have been mine, if I hadn't given him the rod (I knew it was something big, but no idea it was that big). He's gotten alot of mileage out of the photos from that one!!

Navahojoe
12-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Had just hooked up my first cb radio in my car and asked for a radio check. Some young lady asked for my handle. I didn't have one and was looking around for a name and saw the name on my cb," Navaho", by Sears, added the Joe and it has hung with me for 30 odd years.
regards,
NavahoJoe
:castmine:

Morgan Astorbilt
12-05-2007, 01:55 AM
I was on the SASS ( Single Action Shooting Society) web site when I first saw the link to, and clicked on this site. In cowboy action shooting, we adopt a name and persona, that is our registered identity. Mine cowboy name is Morgan Astorbilt. This is a combination of J.P.Morgan, John Astor, and Cornelius Vanderbilt, and my persona is a nineteenth century robber baron. When logging onto this site, I just naturally used this name.
Morgan

flhroy
12-05-2007, 02:17 AM
MGD, Come on Dave we're all friends here. It really stands for Miller Genuine Draft right.

AZ-Stew
12-05-2007, 02:22 AM
No rocket science here, either.

AZ (Arizona) is where I live.

When I joined the Navy in 69, the other guys in boot camp and Gunner's Mate School shortened my last name to "Stew". I got to like it after a while. Never really did like my real first name.

The avatar is my Chief Petty Officer rank designation anchor. I left the Canoe Club from active duty in 78, joined the reserves in 82 and was small arms instructor for two SeaBee units until 89.

Regards,

Stew

Three44s
12-05-2007, 02:29 AM
A Ruger Redhawk, Super Redhawk and a Mountain Gun ......

Three 44s

Dale53
12-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Compared to the rest, my moniker is mundane:

Dale53 (that's my name and I graduated from High School in 1953 - now that's OLD!!)

Dale53

Ghugly
12-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Not all that interesting. Ghugly, Gh=F as in caugh + ugly = Fugly or Ghugly as some take offence with the term F***ing Ugly.

alamogunr
12-05-2007, 09:48 AM
When I first started accessing the web I needed a name to register on a auction site. I was in a hurry and never thought about the long term so I just used the name of the town I live in and shortened gunner. It is easier to keep using it than to try to change even if it is kind of corny.

John
W. TN

Ricochet
12-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Ghugly, I hadn't figured out that the gh was supposed to make the "f" sound. Reminds me of something in an elementary school spelling book I had long ago, where "fish" could phonetically be spelled "ghoti." "Gh" as in "rough," "o" as in "women," and "ti" as in "initial." (I may not have used the same example words they did, but they work.)

threett1
12-05-2007, 08:54 PM
My avatar explains mine. Those are my 3 TTs circa 1986. Travis, Trevor and Tyson in front of my old 70 El Camino. They are 31, 28, and 26 now and still the biggest part of my life.

eka
12-05-2007, 11:27 PM
EKA

Bet you would never figure that one out.

Really thinking outside the box the day I signed up here wasn't I.

Keith

PatMarlin
12-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Cause my Dad's name is Jim. True story.. :mrgreen:

Pathfinder1cav
12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
A "Black hat" in '65-'66 (Ia Drang, Bong Son, Crazy Horse etc.- first in, last out).
Cat Boat, Felix.... I built a 36' Staysail Schooner (a lot of lines & sails to handle) in Denver in the '70's- trucked it to Galvaston & have sailed from Main to Grenada & all over the Carribean (4 different boats, sloops, ketch's, cutters) until just a few years ago- Total responsibility for yourself= 100% freedom. Very healthy life!
I've been casting boolits since 1957 when I was 13 (bought my first muzzle loader out of a barrel in the back of a gunshop for $5). Mostly been doing BPCR for the last few years, but been casting LITTLE bullets here lately...... The pot hardly EVER goes down @ 50-60 grs. at a time!

Wayne Smith
12-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Gee, I jest figger I'm more anonymous with my real name than with almost any other moniker!

Cherokee
12-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Ethnic background & SASS name

12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Out of respect for old TR... the original American sport hunter, conservationist. Couldn't see very well, couldn't shoot very well, wasn't athletic but made up for it with sheer determination and good sense.

The 405 I shoot is original Winchester 95 manufactured in 1904- it likes Hornady 300 gr FP and 300 gr .414 GC cast bullets. It's just "Bully" :mrgreen:

Frosty
12-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Used the name my troops gave me once upon a time. Desided to omit the second part which was "SOB". Go figure.

GL

StrawHat
12-06-2007, 08:15 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc194/StrawHat/StrawHat004Small.jpg

piwo
12-06-2007, 09:11 PM
PIWO - Polish language for BEER! (pronounced pee-vo) :drinks:

charlie / sw mo
12-06-2007, 11:23 PM
many years ago in a land far away i got to visit a hill called landing zone baldy--seemed like a good alias. my licence plate # are 53to76 and J53TOM76 on my truck. on yahoo i use USMC2591. here i use charlie sw mo because i am charlie and im in southwest mo.

buckndee
12-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Combined my wife's and my nick names. The "buck" was given to me by my coworkers 21 years ago. Took a mechanic job at local Ford dealership. Ten mechanic in shop, 6 named mike. We all ended up with nick names as time passed. Only on the job a month and could not get time off for deer season. So four 6 weekends in a row I left work at 4:30 on Friday, drove 8 hours to hunting camp, hunted hard and staggered into work at 8:00 on Monday. So they called me Buck Buchanan. Wife's name is Dolores but her 2 year old niece called her deedee. So the name dee kind of stuck. So buckndee is what I came up for my forum handle.

Limey
12-07-2007, 05:47 AM
Here is what Wikipedia say's about Limey's:

[edit] Limey
Limey is an old American and Canadian slang nickname for the British, originally referring to British sailors. The term is believed to derive from lime-juicer, referring to the Royal Navy and Merchant Navy practice of supplying lime juice to British sailors to prevent scurvy in the 19th century. The term is derogatory in the sense that the British would be allegedly more preoccupied with the savings of limes over lemons which were traditionally used to prevent scurvy. The term is thought to have originated in the Caribbean in the 1880s. A false etymology is that it is a derivative of "Corr-blimey" ("God blind me!").

The term Limey evolved into a verb "to lime" which means to hang out. The British sailors "Limeys" would hang out in the urban areas when off-duty and patronise the local prostitutes. This has been immortalized in the old calypso "Jean and Dinah" by the Mighty Sparrow in 1956.

.....so, since I am an English guy on here with all you good ol' US of A boy's I thought I'd pick the right name!...., I wasn't in the navy but all that 'patronising sounds interesting!

Safe shooting

Limey

dragonfire
12-08-2007, 05:26 AM
I have a large tattoo of a dragon , plus i love to shoot my mosin's just when its getting dark,huge ball of flame out of the barrel .

exblaster
12-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Exblaster I used to be Army E.O.D.
charlie in sw mo I was on Baldy in September of 67 when were you there?

MN91311
12-08-2007, 09:21 PM
MN91311 .....

Mosin Nagant..... model 1891....nominal bore diameter 311

HABCAN
12-09-2007, 02:22 PM
When I got on the 'net a few years ago I needed a handle, so made the anagram HABCAN. Hatheway, Alberta, CANada. It's identified me all over the place, so if you see it elsewhere, it's still me.

I've been away from casting for a few whiles, (started in '47) but am at it fullbore now, costs and shortages being what they are. The way 'things' are going, we may be the last extant shooters as supplies dry up. You might want to check out my 'Next Steps' blogs over at http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/ where I have been pushing 'cast' for all I'm worth.

Keep scroungin' y'all!

Vic.

Ricochet
12-09-2007, 04:53 PM
MN91311 .....

Mosin Nagant..... model 1891....nominal bore diameter 311
Aw. Here I thought you were from Minnesota, and born 09/13/11. :mrgreen:

ole pizen slinger
12-09-2007, 08:16 PM
I shoot buffalo rifles which were called "pizen slingers" by the buff hunters. Hence the handle 'ole pizen slinger'.
OPS

piwo
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
"ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE" :roll:

Hey TDB, Little "Josey Wales" reference. :wink: Then we declared war on the white man... LOL :Fire:

Always dug that movie..........

charlie / sw mo
12-09-2007, 11:48 PM
late 69

charlie / sw mo
12-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Exblaster I used to be Army E.O.D.
charlie in sw mo I was on Baldy in September of 67 when were you there?

late 69--wasnt there iong

Pilgrim
01-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Pilgrim...Christian - Going where Christ tells me to go. Been using this handle everyplace I can since early in the internet days. Still feel like I don't have a clue bout half the time!

singleshotbuff
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
SSB

Because when I first started frequenting gun boards years ago, I owned a LOT of singleshot rifles and shotguns. Rugers, H&Rs, T/Cs etc. that was before the milsurp and action pistol bugs bit me. Now I have 1 SS rifle (416 Rigby #1) and a SS 16ga savage shotgun left. Last SS I got rid of was a #3 in 45/70. I miss that one.

Anyway, the name stuck and I use it all over the web now.

SSB

montana_charlie
01-05-2008, 04:51 PM
charlie in sw mo I was on Baldy in September of 67 when were you there?late 69--wasnt there iong
Uuhhh...where was Baldy located, you guys?
CM

Blackhawk Convertable
01-05-2008, 05:26 PM
My handle of Blackhawk Convertable (notice the spelling) is because of my fondness for guns (the Ruger Blackhawk and Vaquero specifically) that will handle another chambering by merely replacing one cylinder with another. I also love the Big Bores as defined by SASS as being 40+. So I have a 38-40 Vaquero with 40 S&W, a couple 38-40 Blackhawks with 10mm cylinders, 44 mag Blackhawk with 44-40 cylinder, a couple of 44-40 Vaqueros with 44 mag cylinders and 45 Long Colt Vaquero with 45 acp cylinder. Most are factory, a few are ones that I've fitted another cylinder to, hence the mis-spelling of convertible as convertable. In other words, ABLE to CONVERT. Besides, by mis-spelling, I am assured of getting my handle at every site I frequent, Rugerforum, Sassnet, and here.

01-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I went with 2400 since I've burned more 325 pound's of it over the years.

grumpy one
01-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Before I retired, my office phone used to ring pretty often and whoever was calling always started out by asking me how I was. Now we all know that the definition of "bore" is "Someone who, when you ask them how they are, tells you." So I figured they didn't actually want to know how I was, and what I really needed them to do was cut to the chase. I therefore cultivated a habit: whenever someone opened a conversation by asking me how I was, I always answered "Grumpy." Worked marvellously.

When I was signing up for my first-ever internet board quite a few years ago, I thought this was another case where cutting to the chase was called for. Since "Grumpy" was of course taken (something to do with Disney I guess) I modified it slightly to grumpy one. I've been using it all over the place ever since.

I suppose most people would summarize all this by saying, "He calls himself Grumpy because he is." I wouldn't concede that there's any truth in that of course.

bullshot
01-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Favorite expression cleaned up for the board

adkpete
01-05-2008, 07:17 PM
My first name is Pete and I live in the Adirondack Mts. of New York

MT Gianni
01-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Before I retired, my office phone used to ring pretty often and whoever was calling always started out by asking me how I was. Now we all know that the definition of "bore" is "Someone who, when you ask them how they are, tells you." So I figured they didn't actually want to know how I was, and what I really needed them to do was cut to the chase. I therefore cultivated a habit: whenever someone opened a conversation by asking me how I was, I always answered "Grumpy." Worked marvellous.
Another way to answer that question posed over the phone by someone you don't know is to answer "Ain't drunk yet". That usually puts them in a get out state of mind. Gianni

NSP64
01-05-2008, 08:57 PM
originally found this forum while doing research because I had just bought a muzzleloader and had no idea what to do. and year born:-D

Blkpwdrbuff
01-05-2008, 10:25 PM
I had a good friend who introduced me to muzzle loaders. I then received a replica Colt 1851 Navy revolver and finally took up shooting a 1874 Sharps .45/70 BPCR. :-D
What can I say???
Blkpwdrbuff:castmine

timkelley
01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
When I joined this August group of people I had (have) "noclue" about casting boolets. I hope to learn how to cast and to have fun doing it.

shooting on a shoestring
01-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Pays tribute to my shooting habits formed during 1) my childhood in Dad's struggling machine shop, 2) 8 years as a college student (complete with a couple of degrees), 3) a twisted notion that a guitar and a set of bagpipes could make me a living until 4) I took a job with an environmental company. I learned to enjoy the simple (and cheap) pleasures afforded by a Model 19, Bullseye and wheel weights.

mtgrs737
01-06-2008, 01:10 AM
I got mine from work, I used to be a support person to the automated gantry riveting machines on the Boeing 737 fuselage line in Wichita KS. These machines are massive high tech multi-million dollar machines that install thousands of rivets in the 737 airframe. I forget the exact abreviation.

mtgrs737

jerrold
01-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Jerrold is my first name, that's my story and I am sticking with it.

Wicky
01-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Wicky - been with me since I was a kid. Like most people just my last name shortened with a 'Y' stuck on. Very Australian!! And not to original, seems the brain may not be too quick out of the starting blocks. :confused:

TX BOOMER
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Ok I am Texas Oil Man can'nt tell how much money I have .Sounds good huh.
I am just from TEXAS and I like things that go boom.:Fire:

FWAddit
01-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I used to be a fieldworker for a dictionary that draws much of its information from interviews. If the dictionary quotes a remark added by a fieldworker, it follows it with FW Addit, which stands for "fieldworker addition." There were many FWs who made Addits, but I am probably the only one who adopted the notation (with the space deleted) as a forum handle.

hornetguy
01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Mine is because of my addiction to the 22 Hornet.... actually, the K-Hornet.

First time my wife saw me writing on a board, she said.... "why are you calling yourself Horneyguy?" I told her to look closer..then had to explain it to her.
Yes, she's a blonde.

rugerdude
01-10-2008, 12:09 AM
"ruger" 'cause I'm fairly partial to the brand, and "dude" 'cause I really enjoyed Dean Martin's role in Rio Bravo. Anyway, it made sense to me at the time! :roll:

MT Gianni
01-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Better Dude's role than Angie Dickenson's. I thought she was pretty hot. Gianni

S.R.Custom
01-10-2008, 02:28 AM
.... "why are you calling yourself Horneyguy?" I told her to look closer..then had to explain it to her.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/images/smilies/HistericalSmiley.gif

jjamna
01-10-2008, 01:23 PM
JJAMNA jam My first, middle and last initials N is my wifes first initial and A is my daughter's first initial. I just thru in the other j

AZ-Stew
01-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Better Dude's role than Angie Dickenson's. I thought she was pretty hot. Gianni

I agree, but to be charitible, let's just say that her acting improved over time.

As far as I'm concerned, the two best parts of the movie are the jail house concert with Dean and Ricky Nelson and the scene where they use dynamite to rout the bad guys.

Regards,

Stew

fa38
01-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I could not sign into the forum with my original name and could not remember my password.
So I went to a different email address and tried 4 or 5 different names that were rejected. I had just received back from the factory my new Freedom Arms model 97 with a .38 special cylinder I tried it and it worked.
fa38

76 WARLOCK
01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Warlock is a trim package for Dodge pick ups mine is a 76.

Uncle R.
01-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I've been called "Uncle R." by many in my extended family for years. Lotsa nieces and nephews since I was a young man and "Uncle R." just rolls off the tongue easier than "Uncle Rudy." I needed a handle that I would remember - and there it was.
:roll:

jim4065
01-14-2008, 11:49 PM
jim4065 was assigned by Kazaa, back in my old pirating days. Had JIM547 on another file sharing program, but there ain't no cool to it. Can't remember other handles so I pretty much stick with this one for everything. When my ship comes in I'm gonna grab a Sharps in 40-65 Winchester. :drinks:

Cherokee
01-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Name reflects my family history. Use it most every forum I can and for SASS.

TAWILDCATT
01-15-2008, 10:20 PM
WILDCATT was my CB handle

26Charlie
01-15-2008, 10:48 PM
44 years ago I was in 1st Battalion, 12th Marines, an artillery unit. Our call sign at the time was "Dark Pistol". The colonel was "Dark Pistol 6" or just referred to as the 'six', XO was "Dark Pistol 5", and on through the subordinate portions, down to "Dark Pistol 26C", the naval gunfire spotter, which was me. It is pronounced "Dark Pistol two-six charlie", so I kept my call sign for a handle. I also had a FO team from 'B' Battery, so I had a call sign "Dark Pistol Bravo 3". The "Dark Pistol" got changed reasonably often, the battery assignment changed with every operation, but the 26C was always the Naval Gunfire Spot Team.

sharps_74
01-19-2008, 03:51 PM
I took my name from a rifle that I had and wish I'd never of sold.

9mm155grLRN
01-19-2008, 07:52 PM
I cast the Lee 155gr LRN bullet for my G17. Straight WW and 2.7 gr HTG ahead of WWSP primers. 825 FPS and PF 127. I plan to get back into IDPA shooting when we thaw out here in NH.

Rafe Covington
01-19-2008, 07:55 PM
I got this handle from my grandfather because I was always reading my great grandfathers diary. He was a meat hunter for the railroad in the late 1860's. The name just stuck.:drinks:

MtGun44
01-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Buffalo Hunter,

I live in Kansas and have always found the Great Buffalo Hunt to be a very
interesting time period. You should consider scanning in or perhaps typing
out your great grandfather's diary and either posting on a web site, or some
other method to get the story available to those historians (amateur and
professional) that are interested in that sort of thing. Not only the whole
lifestyle and process, but especially the cartidges, reloading by a campfire,
the guns used, etc. is all very interesting to me, and (I think), to others.

You might even find a certain web site that is concerned with old cartridges
and boolits that might provide a place to post it. [smilie=1:

Bill

Swagerman
01-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Swagerman, because I walk like John Wayne, but look like Oliver Hardy...Heeh heeh, heh!

Now that's a word picture. :mrgreen:

Naw, its because that's what I do most...swage boolits. [smilie=1:

Jim

floodgate
01-20-2008, 03:14 PM
buffalohunter:

Steve Garbe has reprinted a lot of these old journals in his "Black Powder Cartridge News" quarterly magazine. I KNOW he'll be interested; contact him through <www.blackpowderspg.com>.

floodgate

davwingman
01-22-2008, 09:16 PM
My given name is Dave & wingman comes from flying RC airplanes a few years ago. On most of the other forums I visit I am wingman.

Dross
01-23-2008, 05:12 AM
I've played guitar for a number of years, and have always liked metal music alot, however my mediocre speed seems to keep me perpetually just "outside" many of my friend's music projects.

Ergo Dross, the scum you skim off the top of hot metal!