PDA

View Full Version : Brown does it again..

NSP64
11-21-2012, 09:54 PM
I purchased a rifle and it was being sent to my FFL by UPS ground. Them idiots left it at the door. No one has seen it. That was monday. I will never ship or buy something and have UPS deliver it. I am done with them. The person said they would refund money, but I wanted the rifle. The UPS guy knows it was going to a gunshop.Its a small town and we have the same UPS guy for the whole town. Just goes to show you, ya can't trust no-one. Either he stole it, or one of my neighbors did. It was insured , but UPS says it was delivered, so not their problem.
Now I have to file police reports and who knows what else.:cry:

Word to the wise; Always require signature release, so they won't throw it in the ditch and say it was delivered.

CLAYPOOL
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
ALL my deliverys are "Adult Sig. Required", for ammo also..Guns sent to F.F.L. by ups require that..??I am out in the country, luckly..

blindeye
11-22-2012, 01:16 AM
I hate UPS. Rather..I Hate my UPS drivers. They've...well, I could go on for hours. UPS sucks here. Extremely poor service and No reason for it.
But back when my UPS drivers were ex-GI's I had zero complaints.
FedEx is nearly as bad as UPS here.
I actually get great service and have had zero problems with the Post Office. But that's a complete change from years ago.
It all seems to be the attitude of the workers.
In other areas the experiences are different from mine.

dragon813gt
11-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Every place is different. I hate the USPS as it always takes a few formal complaints to get them to deliver flat rate boxes full of lead to my door. FedEx did what the OP is describing for a package that was signature required. It was a limited edition shotgun coming back from the manufacturer. At least it was at my house. All carriers routinely screw up the North/South designations for my street. UPS is all I use to ship as you can actually track packages and damage claims are handled. Unlike the USPS which just ignores them.

It really depends on where you live and the delivery driver. I can bash all the companies because I've had issues with all of them.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

waksupi
11-22-2012, 01:59 AM
If a gun goes missing, contact the carrier, and inform them you are contacting the BATF to report a stolen firearm (Which you SHOULD do!). It is amazing how fast guns seem to be found with the proper encouragement.

NSP64
11-22-2012, 07:30 AM
If a gun goes missing, contact the carrier, and inform them you are contacting the BATF to report a stolen firearm (Which you SHOULD do!). It is amazing how fast guns seem to be found with the proper encouragement.

Sent an Email to UPS customer service (no one was in until monday) telling them this also. Monday I will be filing reports to everyone (local/State/Feds).

cajun shooter
11-22-2012, 08:29 AM
It is hard to imagine that someone would be so dumb as to leave a long box standing at the door of a gunstore. They are real low on the gene pool for sure.
Many years ago in the 70's, I was employed by a large gun store and we had UPS thefts all the time.The culprits were the employees and not civilians.
That is why Fed-X and Ups insist on over night air on handguns. Less touching by workers of the company.
Back then, the distributors still had names like Dave's House Of Guns on the labels.These boxes were prime picking. I lost 4 S&W 686 revolvers that were packed in one box with a guns label on the outside.
The US mail is my choice for longguns if sent insured and signature requirred with tracking. I have never lost one using that system.

Hickory
11-22-2012, 08:49 AM
The UPS driver I used to have ( before he retired) would bring the packages
in the house and put it on the couch if no one answered the door.

But I do not have to worry too much about someone taking it off the
front step, my nearest neighbor is a half mile away. And no more then
3-4 cars a day come down the road I live on.

bob208
11-22-2012, 09:33 AM
the drivers are not dumb. they are union.

NSP64
11-22-2012, 10:13 AM
the drivers are not dumb. they are union.

Hostess union employees are seeing how much good that is doing them.:shock:

41 mag fan
11-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Father had a rifle to be delivered to a gunshop, he followed it thru the UPS tracking system. Showed it was delivered, went to gunshop...no rifle. Got ahold of UPS and they did an ivestigation, which took maybe an hour. Found out the UPs guy deliverred it to Wal Mart!! Idiot driver

cbrick
11-22-2012, 11:23 AM
My biggest problems are with the USPS. At one time I spent months trying to get the letter carrier to simply close the mail box door, even going to the Post Master did no good. It was simply too much trouble to have to open the door and put the mail in, how could she possibly be expected to expend the energy after all that to close the door. Wasn't just my house, every mail box up & down the street every day had the door left open. The P.O civil servants are the poster children for both arrogance and laziness.

Rick

mjwcaster
11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
They all suck at times, here are some of our problems-
UPS used to have packages on the wrong truck on Fridays all the time (our regular driver took fridays off during the summer). After getting on a first name basis with local supervisors we'd have our Friday packages found and delivered, kinda. 50lb boxes thrown from the driveway to the porch 15+ feet and the truck peeling out of the driveway before we could even get the back door open.

USPS-Missing mail, finally after 3 tries to get a car title from the state we had it sent to my folks house and picked it up during a holiday visit. Basically told off by the local PO when we asked for a supervisor, post master. After getting on a first name basis with the regional Post master and a talk with one from Washington the local PO had Post Master contact info listed in multiple locations in the PO. Still had trouble getting mail.

Fedex- My favorite one. Had a local driver that we called Jerry Garcia, but looked/acted more smoked out. Had a client promise to overnight a check to us. Didn't get it for a couple of days so called the client and they said they had sent it. Called Fedex about it and the driver finally showed up with it. His excuse was that he couldn't find the house so ... What the hell, you couldn't find the house so you just hoped it would deliver itself? Or maybe disappear? It had the senders contact info, our contact info how about placing a call. Tell your dispatch? Our client had paid probably $10-20 to overnight a check and this idiot just left it sit in his truck. We had other problems with him also, but this was the best.

And don't get me started on DHL, I'm so glad that they left the scene, I had one client that used them exclusively, I would pay out of my own pocket to not have to ship through them.

Matt

Bad Water Bill
11-24-2012, 12:44 AM
I sent a US P O Money Order to the state police. I did not here from them in 60 days so went back to the local P O to see if the POSTAL MONEY ORDER had been cashed. That will cost an additional $5.50 to check was what I was told. That was over 2 months ago and the P O still has not replied as to weather the M O has been cashed.

I can purchase a M O from the local place for 1/2 the cost of a Postal one. If there is a question if it has been cashed it takes about 30 seconds to get the answer and NO extra charge.

clodhopper
11-24-2012, 01:20 AM
My UPS driver is excellent, first met him at the shooting range. He knows what I do, has my cell phone #, and calls if he thinks I'm getting something special.

41 mag fan
11-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Just ordered yesterday some things from MidSouth, about 10am to be exact. Used FedEx ground, looked at me email and decided to see where it was, it's on the truck out for delivery!

That was fast!! Only thing about Fedex ground is they show up and they wont leave it on the porch, they'll try to redeliver. Maybe I can leave a note on the door for them, they'll leave it so my daughter can bring it in the house.