PDA

View Full Version : Good news from the hospital re: Zack

Olevern
11-21-2012, 06:30 PM
As I write this I am still in tears (of relief and gratefullness) I have been on my knees thanking God for his wonderful grace and mercy.

About an hour ago Zack's mom called and I was floored. They arrived on time for their appointment this morning and went through a battery of tests, including the MRI with dye enhancement.

The doctors went over the results several times, then called in other doctors in to review all the previous records and offer explanations.

There is no mass! There, I said it....although my initial response was incredulity. How could this be? Not even any evidence of the smaller spot shown in the X-ray of a year ago, let alone any sign of any larger mass restricting the growth and expansion of his lower lobes.

The doctors couldn't offer any explanation, other than they thought possibly that the method of transmittal of the recent local X-ray or the methodology of the X-ray tech had somehow caused the false reading. They really did not have a plausible explanation of why they told Zack's mom he had a mass that was possibly life-threatening and scheduled him for a biopsy tomorrow and now can not find the mass. They were more or less trying to explain the unexplanable.

Now, that news just blows me away. It is certainly beyond anything I hoped for. I don't know why I find it so hard to accept that The Great Physician has been at work here.

To be sure, there is some concern still over Zack's breathing problems. The lower lobes of his lungs are still restricted and smaller than they should be. (almost as if there has been something restricting their growth for something over a year). The doctors also say that Zack's lungs evidence considerable scarring, probably from multiple untreated pneumonias.

The doctors say that there is no reason that the bottom lobes of his lungs will not eventually catch up with his body growth and that, as he gains overall body size and his lungs enlarge increasing capacity his current breathing difficulties will become lessened.

He apparently now has an infection or pneumonia in his lungs and they have given him some kind of medicine that is taken in a decreasing dosage "pack" to relieve him of that. They ordered follow-up with his primary care physician (whom I believe Zack's parents are going to change). They also changed some of his asthma medication to relieve his asthma. They recommended that Zack's parents have a notarized permission to make medical treatment decisions prepared for me and his grandparents or anyone they left him in the care of for any period of time or when they are not immediately available, just in case of asthma attack, and continued use of the pulmonary "test tube" to tell when he should begin or continue physical exercise.

I cannot tell you how relieved I am. I asked God to intercede in such a way as to glorify His Name, and I believe He has. You all may find other possibilities/explanations more comfortable or plausible, but I intend to give God the glory for what cannot be explained or is outside of human possibility.

God is Good, and as with my daughter, for whom God has done a marvelous and miraculous work, I believe that this report is nothing less than the handiwork of a loving heavenly Father who has answered your (and my) prayers.

Thank you all so much for calling upon the Lord in Zack's behalf. Zack may never know how close to eternity at a young age he came, but for the prayers of the men on this board, and the intervention of his loving Heavenly Father.

I have had the privilege of leading many boys and young men to Christ in the many years I have mentored, but this one I can't lose....God definitely has a plan for his life.

I thank those of you who reached out and offered to donate things to make his recovery (and Christmas) better...this is a family who live from day to day (as opposed to paycheck to paycheck)...they struggle financially but seem to always get by.

I almost feel as if I must apologize for getting everybody all worked up on Zack's behalf; I can only say that the information you received is the same information Zack's mom and I received from the medical community and, as we received it.

If nothing else, it showed once again the depth of caring that exists here on the board.

Once again, thank you from the very bottom of my heart for your prayers and concern.

Be blessed,
vern

Alvarez Kelly
11-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Great news indeed!

Although I don't always comment, I have been following your journey with Zack. The world needs more men like you.

Dean D.
11-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Fantastic news Vern!

gray wolf
11-21-2012, 07:13 PM
I told the the Lord Jesus I believed in him years ago.
I said lord you are the way and the light, I believe you died for my sins, were crucified, and rose again to sit at the right hand of God the father. I repent for my sins and ask that you come into my life and my heart, please bless be with the holly spirit.
Vern, that is great news to hear. I'm very happy the little guy is OK.

Bad Water Bill
11-21-2012, 08:48 PM
What a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving both of your families will have tomorrow.

scarry scarney
11-21-2012, 08:54 PM
And another thanks to be grateful tomorrow!

smoked turkey
11-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Vern your post just made my day. It also serves to increase our faith in the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. I too believe that the great physician has been at work. We all have more to be thankful for this season. To God be the glory!

DLCTEX
11-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Great answer to prayer!!

Ramar
11-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Great news! I will continue to pray for Zack.
Ramar

fatnhappy
11-22-2012, 09:25 AM
that IS good news. Please continue to keep us posted

Bulldogger
11-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Now THAT is a Happy Thanksgiving! So glad to hear the news. Bulldogger

41 mag fan
11-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Oh My!!!!!! I got tears in my eyes for the happiness I feel on the outcome of Zach. Vern I am so happy with joy, this young man at this time is going to make it thru and be able to move on and grow and enjoy his life.

Thank You Dear LORD!!!

This news just made my Holidays

x101airborne
11-22-2012, 10:13 AM
That is a MIRACLE!
I will give thanks also.

Crashbox
11-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Eternity cannot possibly be long enough to praise God for His grace and mercy. Great news indeed!

slim1836
11-22-2012, 11:06 AM
What great news on this Thanksgiving Day. Let's continue praying for a complete and speedy recovery.

Slim

lead-1
11-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Praises to God are indeed in order, thanks for the update and great news.

Bullet Caster
11-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Praise the Lord God for his mercy and miracles. No one can understand the power of prayer. When you have a whole bunch of prayer partners, you can move the hand of God. What great news this Thanksgiving morn. Don't ever forget that God the Father and His marvelous Son are definitely in the miracle business. I will be on my knees thanking the Lord for his intercession in Zack's behalf. Let's keep up the prayer vigil for his (Zack's) continued healing. Vern, I pray for you also; you've got such a kind heart and really care about others. Even if we had 100 of you the world would certainly be a better place. As Guy Penrod stated his view on humans having a spiritual experience... "I submit to you that we are spiritual beings having a human experience." God bless you all and thanks to all who have humbled themselves, hit their knees and offered up prayers for Zack. BC

blackthorn
11-22-2012, 01:26 PM
My wife and I just finished reading this post and I cannot find the words to express our happiness/thankfulness that Zack is going to be OK!! Truly, a thanksgiving miracle has occurred! God bless!

nitroproof
11-22-2012, 04:50 PM
That news just made my Thanksgiving Day better!