PDA

View Full Version : I Drank the Koolaid

encoreman
06-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Well I had to tell someone who understands. I have been thinking about casting for some time, got to thinking it wouldn't be wise if I didn't have a good supply of wheel weights or some other lead. Well long story short I remembered one of the guys I go to church with runs a tire store. DUH!! I got my first 2 buckets 110 lbs. of them for the asking. I will be going back soon, I am thinking sodas or gatorade for the crew in the shop. Any other suggestions? And because I live in the deep south I didn't have to tell him fishing sinkers, I said BULLETS. Ya'll have a good day now ya here!! Mac:-D :-D :-D :Fire: :Fire: :Fire:

dmftoy1
06-16-2007, 07:07 PM
I'd just ask them as it seems to vary from shop to shop . .two of the shops on my route are Mountain dew, and two are Miller Lite. :)

**oneshot**
06-16-2007, 07:12 PM
I always give a box of donuts to the crew that I get mine from.

Blammer
06-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I usually buy the tires, and go back as often as I wan't for wts...

Lee
06-17-2007, 03:43 PM
I did a 4' sub and soda for $40 for 400+lbs of ingots that I smelted from my tire shop. Fed 9 people, some left over for take-homes!!
At $0.10 per # I can afford to be generous. Treat those boys right, and they will remember you!
Pizza is also good, if that's accepted food in your area.
My opinion is that you have to show your appreciation, if you don't you will lose.....................Lee:wink:

Freightman
06-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Talking about buying tires I will not be getting my tires where I did any longer, my son and I have bought several tires from them and ask if we might have their WW the manager said he would not let anyone have the WW if he thought they were going to make boolits from them! I didn't tell him I was standing there with a loaded 357 under my shirt, I left before I said something I would regret but did inform him I would be telling all my friends at the range that he was an anti.

357maximum
06-17-2007, 06:57 PM
" I Drank the Koolaid "

Just don't eat the mushrooms[smilie=1:

Jack Stanley
06-17-2007, 11:35 PM
I went into a discount tire store nearby for all my tire needs for years until one day "it" happened . The store that I went to the manager at least recognized me as a regular customer and I asked if I could have some throw away tires for "erosion" control . I didn't tell him it was gonna be used for the berm of my range . After the second pickup load of tires I noticed a half bucket of weights and asked for that . Can you believe the manager said no , we sell those . Lemme see now two pickups of tires at a buck each versus a half pail of lead at five cents a pound (then) AND a paying customer :roll: It's no wonder they don't have that manager or me going to that store anymore [smilie=1:

Jack

Dead Calm
06-18-2007, 09:52 PM
I worked as a service manager for Firestone for several years and it was a big NO< NO to give anybody wheel weights. The sale of those goes into the store managers profit line. When I worked there his wheel weights lost some profit!! Art:-D