PDA

View Full Version : Lyman #61 pot

lreed
11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Gentlemen: As a unrepentant buyer of any gun related yard-sale flea-market items that I encounter, I recently acquired an old lyman pot,no cord,no valve and no stand, "hey it was cheap" to my surprise the thermostat and the heating element both work. I would like to put this old pot back in use and as parts are not available for these old model 61 pots I must fabricate the valve plunger. I ask a favor,could anyone give me an idea as what design was used, a needle and seat,a ball and seat ect? Any dimensions would help as I have never seen a lyman pot before,only "dripomatics" Thanks for any replies lreed

oneokie
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Last pic in this post show what the metering rod in my Saeco 24 looks like.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=1394554&postcount=1
The Lyman 61 is the same pot. No dimensions as have never measured and my pot is full of alloy atm.

lreed
12-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Hello; A thanks to oneokie for the reference. I have finished all of ''stuff'' on this pot except the valve,is the end of the metering rod part of the valving action or is it a guide for what appears to be a 45 degree taper at the end of the larger diameter of the rod and I think to be the the actual valve? I sure would be happy to hear form anyone who can offer any info. Thanks again lreed