PDA

View Full Version : You Tube Video

Ben
11-15-2012, 11:57 AM
I just finished watching a You Tube video that had an individual teaching people how to cast bullets, size them and load them.

He was dropping hot bullets directly from the mold onto bullets that he had previously cast , and was slamming the mold halves together when he closed the mold like you'd slam a door ( a real NO - NO ! ) .

Seems in today's time, that if you can take your phone and make a video and post it on You Tube, you've become an instant " Expert ".

Problem is so many will watch this video and assume this is the way to do things.

Ben

felix
11-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Yep, learning and relearning is a daily process. ... felix

WILCO
11-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Link????????

dragonrider
11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
When I cruise youtube for such videos I seem to find more "youtubesperts" than people who actualy know what they are doing. The bad part is that some neophyte is going to watch one of those experts and quite possibly get hurt because of it.

mdi
11-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Any yahoo can post a video on youtube and become an "expert". I've seen some really stupid stuff concerning bullet casting on youtube, so I rarely go there for any real information...

11-15-2012, 04:10 PM
You Tube how-to videos are mostly made by egotistical and incompetent idiots seeking their 15-minutes of fame.

williamwaco
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
I have found that MOST of the reloading videos on you tube range from merely severely uninformed to significantly dangerous.

You tube also has some VERY good reloading videos. The problem is that beginners cannot tell the difference.

Don't ever send a newbie to you tube without first reviewing a specific vedeo for him.

waksupi
11-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Yep, lots of idiots out there making videos. One good way to catch the real pilgrims, is look at their set up. Is everything brand new? No clutter in the reloading area? Must be a newbie. I can hardly find the top of my loading bench, without moving a few layers of stuff.

mdevlin53
11-15-2012, 06:02 PM
When i first started casting i had watched one of those so called experts. he had a stick that he used to open the sprue. it had a hook in one end, that he used to pry the boolits out of the mold. I thought this just might be a good idea,

First mold second cast i put a scratch in one cavity, I went back to reading the stickies and got rid of the hook.

While i was able to buff the scratch out every time i use that mold it reminds me to do a lot of reading before you mess something up