PDA

View Full Version : Cayoot ????

jeff223
06-14-2007, 04:54 PM
has anyone heard or know anything about Cayoot ?
He ran a group buy some time ago and from what ive seen his last post was on 4/29/07.
we had a deal between each other and he has not taken care of his part of it.maybe he is off on vacation or something and has forgotten?

have the molds from his group buy been shipped out yet?

monadnock#5
06-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Nope. No mold yet. Buckshot posted some time ago that Lee's custom shop was backed up, so I wasn't going to get anxious until the end of July.

ktw
06-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't know him personally but I'm pretty sure that he lives over in the Sault Ste Marie, Michigan area. That is in my neck of the woods. I also seem to recall that he does a fair bit of traveling for work.

I am in on his group buy. I am not concerned about not hearing from him recently. I would be willing to try to contact him in person at some point in the future if it came to that, but I don't think it will.

-ktw

jeff223
06-15-2007, 02:47 PM
thanks for the reply.i will drop him a line in a couple of weeks if he doesnt respond to my PMs before that

jeff223
06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
not a word from him yet :confused:
i am starting to get a bad feeling about my dealings with him.he had alot of time to send me some Gater Checks for payment for a 35cal Ranch Dog mold.this will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks:-?

his group buy was to be sent in on April 16th and from what i read he had a total of 29 orders so the dollar amount is up there pretty high.i hope he is alittle faster sending those molds out to the buyers than he has been in my deal with him

C A Plater
06-19-2007, 11:15 PM
He hasn't posted anything here since April 29th. Seems a bit odd after more than 500 post in the last 2 years. Kinda makes me wonder if something has happened to him.

jeff223
06-20-2007, 11:37 AM
im going to wait one more week to hear from him by PM and if i dont i will try getting his phone number.if no phone number i will send a letter in the mail.

all i am out is the price of a mold so thats not a big deal and the group buy he ran is none of my buisness but i sure dont want to see people getting boned either.

i hope nothing has happened to him and everything works out for everyone that has dealt with him

floodgate
06-20-2007, 11:26 PM
GLM, etc.:

Y'know, speaking for those of us in advanced age, or poor health, would it be worthwhile to file e- and s-mail addresses and 'phone numbers with one of the Site Administrators, with instructions (and permission!) to try to contact the party or his/her survivors if a regular poster disappears from the scene for more than - say - two weeks. I'd be happy to do so, myself. If anything happened to me, for example, my wife would probably not think of contacting this, my preferred website until things got settled down again - and that might be a while. What say ye-all?

floodgate

PS: this would be a completely separate operation from tracking down "deadbeats". THAT's a whole 'nother issue!

jeff223
06-21-2007, 05:56 AM
floodgate i think that would be a good idea.if i were to ever run another group buy i would make sure someone somewhere would have all the info of they buyers addressed and such.sixty bones isnt that much to loose but if you were to multiply that by 30 or 40 the dollar amount get up there fast

i hope nothing has happened to Barry but i find it od he has not been here for a visit that we know of.maybe he's on vacation but its been sometime since any sign of him

jeff223
06-23-2007, 04:42 PM
i got my gater checks in the mail today from Barry so we are square on out deal but not word from him by PM????

????strange????

Barry if you read this please PM me about the 35cal Ranch Dog mold deal.i have some info to pass on to you about your mold