PDA

View Full Version : Lee Molt 452-252-SWC

easy ed
06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Lee 45 Colt 452-252-SWC bullet? Thanks in advance for your input.

Easy Ed

Bullshop
06-14-2007, 12:38 PM
For about 15 years or a bit more I have had that one in a 6 cav. It has produced many thousands of boolits. It is for me one of those that just shoots good in everything. It has gone through many Rugers, a few Freedom arms, a Win trapper, Marlin cowboy for a few things that come to mind and in all performed splendidly.
I even used it in a Glock for a bit of jack rabbit hunting in the Big Hole valley in Mt. It would cycle through that Glock as slick as you please. Any jack hit anywhere in the body with them big 45's was just plain knocked flat. What fun to flush one to run with the first shot then pick him off on the run, or try! In short its a favorite for anything 45 where no gas check is required.
BIC/BS

Lloyd Smale
06-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Ive had a little differnt experience with it. It was one of the first bullets i casted. It allways made a good plinking bullet but i never have found any majic combination that made it shoot exceptionaly well. About 2 inch a 25 yards is the best its done in any of my handguns. Most groups around 3 inch. Ive tried it loaded heavy loaded light cast soft and cast hard and never did find a combination in anygun that was to write home about

Bullshop
06-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Lloyd
Maybe your mold has some of them gremlins 44 man was talking about. You are obviously a way better shot than me. For me the 2" and 3" are the good groups. My triger finger seems to have a mind of its own.
BIC/BS