PDA

View Full Version : Getting more organized

frkelly74
11-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I have been busy yesterday and today getting all my lead hoard located and put in one place. I smelted some of my range scrap and sorted out the jackets to get ready to go to the scrap yard.. I moved the lead from here and there out to the shed where I am going to set up for casting. I now have two 10 lb pots and think they will be able to keep up with my 6 cavity molds. I also got a broiler to preheat my molds. And my smelting setup is finally working well. I am going to like dumping ingots into the pot instead of dirty lead and having to clean the lead as I go. My wife thinks she will be happier with the stinky lead out of the house but she may find that I am not so easily accessible. Now I need a small refrigerator... and a padlock.

Jim Flinchbaugh
11-12-2012, 08:24 PM
10-4 on the small fridge, I found one for 20 bucks at yard sale this fall.
Being inaccessible isn't all bad either

ErikO
11-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Remember, you need two bar hasps for the padlock, one on the outside and one on the inside. That'd cut down the interruptions. ;)

Ed Barrett
11-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I have been living in this house for 4 years, reloading area still isn't the way I want it, Do my casting outside and that is setup the way I want it. I'm still working on it though.