PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Gobble Head!

Jim Flinchbaugh
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM

waksupi
11-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Ya know Jim, you may want to read the regulations, and remove this picture from public view.

waksupi
11-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Jim, my apologies! I'm so used to hunting in Flathead County, I forgot that rifle is allowed in some of the surrounding counties! My mistake!

Bullshop
11-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Better to be safe (or embaressed) than sorry.

Hamish
11-13-2012, 01:52 AM
He has nothing to be embarrassed or sorry about. Quite the contrary.

I am hopeful that Jim will repost the picture, and tell his story.

starmac
11-13-2012, 10:24 PM
A few years back I knew two guys that killed a black bear, where there really are no bears. That one and 2 more is the only three I have ever heard of. They took pictures that wound up in the local newspaper and they were both in custody before the day was over, when the paper came out. lol

The great white hunters, made the front page twice. lol

Hamish
11-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Legal bird, legal hunting method, legal area.

What burns my backside is that he received PM's trashing him for the caliber he used. (Remember that he was deer hunting that day)

starmac
11-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Why is it anyones business what caliber he used???

MT Gianni
11-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Why is it anyones business what caliber he used???

Rifles are illegal in one county and legal in the next one.

starmac
11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Rifles are illegal in one county and legal in the next one.

Is some calibers illegal in the county that rifles are legal?
The way I understand it was legal where he took his turkey.

waksupi
11-14-2012, 07:22 PM
No, where rifles are legal, anything goes. When I first saw the picture, I assumed Jim was hunting in this county, which is shotgun and archery for turkeys.

I just didn't want to see Jim get in trouble!

runfiverun
11-14-2012, 08:34 PM
same here, there are "short range weapon" areas
a muzzle loader qualifies but it must be a real one,no inlines.
however i can use a 445 super mag revolver or a pistol cartridge lever gun,454 casull is okay too,but not a 45/70.
or a bow or a shotgun.
and that's for deer.
2 miles away [across the road] i can use a rifle [and have] on turkeys and pheasants,it's not easy to hit a moving turkey's head with a rifle.

Jim Flinchbaugh
11-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Well there is a discrepancy here.
Fish & Game web site says the area I was in is a no rifle area.'
The printed regs I have in my truck say it is OK

I have learned a long time a go, in a situation like this,
DOnt ask questions, just shut your mouth and walk away-
so I did! :p

waksupi
11-14-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm sure the F&G and the judge would be real understanding!

runfiverun
11-15-2012, 01:42 AM
right after you wrote the check they'll be sympathetic.

starmac
11-15-2012, 04:51 AM
I got to stand in front of a texas judge once on a small game infraction,(fish). I had 43 white bass I had taken out of a net, legally and the game warden saw it. What I didn't know, was you couldn't cross the center line of the river with them in the boat.

The river was the county line, and on the side my property was on and where I put in and take out, I was perfectly legal, but there was an invisible line I didn't know about you couldn't legally wander across. lol
The fine back then was 202 dollars (same as poaching a deer) apiece but he did let me off with just a fine for one fish.
By the time I got to court, I had to wait a little while for the game warden and the judge to finish filleting them. They didn't even save one for evidence, but they at least give me my fish basket back. lol