PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

slim1836
11-11-2012, 09:42 AM
A celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.

I thank all who served.

Slim

fishnbob
11-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Amen!
I have searched for a solid week for flags to put on our Father's grave and can't find them anywhere within 25 miles. They usually say "we had some on the 4th of July but I don't know where they went." You sold them, dummy. Ever heard of restocking?

Jal5
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks to all the Veterans on this special day. Especially my godfather, John who served in WWII and now has gone on to his reward. Miss him a lot.

MakeMineA10mm
11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
My respect and admiration for our veterans too. I hope we don't lose what they've sacrificed for.

Bullet Caster
11-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Thank all of you for your sentiments on Veteran's Day. I want to wish each and every veteran a Happy Veteran's day. Served in Vietnam - '71 - '72. USMC service 10/6/1969 through 10/5/1973. Oooh Rahh. Semper Fi.

Just returned from Olive Garden for the Vet's special. Man am I stuffed and have a to go box for later on tonight. BC

Bad Water Bill
11-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Several of these establishments will have the same offer tomorrow so ENJOY.

thegatman
11-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks to all the veterans on this day. Make sure you check out your American Legion. We are always looking for members. Please think about joining.

Wooly
11-11-2012, 11:49 PM
One of my life`s regrets is all the times I argued,annoyed, or otherwise disrespected my Dad when I was a pud kid. He was proud of his military service,as are all veterans. When we laid him to rest, Mom let us add a remembrance to the coffin. I took his "Ike" jacket into the cleaners. A young G.I. was there at the counter & saw the coat. He smiled & inquired about it. I told him why it was being cleaned. He snapped into a full attention & saluted the coat. Then offered his condolensces for the loss. So now,across Dad`s folded hands, lies his "Ike" jacket. I hope when it is found a thousand years from now it is respected the way that young G.I. did.
On a similar not, HAPPY VETERTAN`S DAY to my brothers, EDK &Idaho Sharpshooter along with all other Vets !