PDA

View Full Version : Wally World Wines!

wiljen
06-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Wally World announced that, on January 1, 2007, it began offering customers a new discount item - Its' own brand of wine. The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with Ernest & Hulio Gallo, Winery of California to produce the spirits at an affordable price, in the $2-$5 range. Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wally World brand into their shopping carts, but "there is a market for inexpensive wine," said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing at the University of Arkansas, Bentonville. She said: "But the right name is important."
Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the wine brand. The top surveyed names in order of popularity were:

10. Chateau Traileur Parc

9. White Trashfindel

8. Big Red Gulp

7. World Championship Riesling

6. NASCARbernet

5. Chef Boyardeaux

4. Peanut Noir

3. I Can't Believe it's Not Vinegar

2. Grape Expectations

1. Nasti Spumante

The beauty of these wines is that it can be served
With either white meat (possum) or red meat (groundhog).

357maximum
06-13-2007, 12:36 PM
FYI

Possom is red meat, and so is woodchuck even though woodchuck is closer to a white meat, woodchuck is just a big edible rabbit basically. It tastes real good as long as the yellow glands on the wrists are removed prior to parboiling and tossing on the grill....

I vote for #6 by the way

wiljen
06-13-2007, 12:56 PM
maybe we should change the white meat to carp then? No harm meant, I just posted it as it arrived in my mailbox.

redneckdan
06-13-2007, 01:35 PM
box wine is a pretty big hit here at MTU. During winter carnival people take a tube off a Camelbac hydration pack, take the bag out of a box of wine, attach the tube to the spout and presto, frat boy wine skin with convient dispenser tube.:roll:

Firebird
06-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Only at Winter Carnival, not every Friday night? Things must have changed since I was at MTU. I still miss John's double crust pizza, Upper Pennisula of Michigan was a strange place to find the best pizza I've ever tasted.

HORNET
06-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Wine at MTU?? Friggin' Yuppies.... Used to have some folks (Jim)Beam into hockey games and had a few preverts that had Gin&Jazz parties but I mostly (well, vaguely) remember lots of beer. Winter Carnival meant 2 big pots of Chili simmering and cold Blatz beer balls (partying on a tight budget). TKE's usually had Stroh's as I recall.
P.S. I thought cat was the other white meat??

357maximum
06-13-2007, 07:00 PM
maybe we should change the white meat to carp then? No harm meant, I just posted it as it arrived in my mailbox.

I know, just jerking your chain, and clearing the record straight:mrgreen: I did not mean it to sound pissy, kinda does now that I re-read it...my bad

KCSO
06-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I once caught one of our natives stuck in an elevator of the local old folks home. He had consumed a fifth of Canadian Hunter and a quart of Mad Dog 20/20. He thought the elevator was a pay toilet and everytime he flushed he got lost on a different floor. He got to spend the night in the GrayBar motel and the janitor had a real mess to clean up.

He would probably go for the Big Red Gulp, hey that would sell at any NE game too!

redneckdan
06-14-2007, 12:42 PM
yup, MTU is currently suffering from a tiny scale yuppie invasion, the fine art departmart is starting to branch out from the Walker Building to the rest of campus. The circle I run with prefers home brew but we're not above buyin a case every now and then.