PDA

View Full Version : Lost My Little Buddy Today

Beau Cassidy
11-10-2012, 06:03 PM
27 weeks ago there was a family giving away kittens in the Pets Mart parking lot. Since I have a soft spot for the little fellows a Tortie followed us home. We called her Shyloh. She ruled over the other cats and was a serious bed bug. About 10 weeks ago she developed a fever that would not respond to antibiotics. After multiple trips to the vet we were told there was nothing they could do since she had the "dry" kind of Feline Infectious Peritonitis. A death sentence. We comforted her as best we could (I should say my girlfriend did since I am in Maine). Her personality changed and at times she could not walk. Over the past few days it reached the point she needed help using the litter box. Despite still eating and drinking, we made the decision this morning to do the right thing. She will be missed in a bad kinda way. She was 33 weeks old.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/OrthoNP/2012-10-179513-32-1595948.jpg

41 mag fan
11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh man thats sad...sorry for your loss

theperfessor
11-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Please accept my most heart felt condolences. One of my cats died about three months ago and I'm still tore up over it. I still miss her very much. Sometimes doing the right thing can be very hard and painful. Don't be afraid to express your grief however you need to.

Jim
11-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Beau, buddy, I'm sorry, man. Believe you me, I know how hard that is. I'm tellin' ya', it takes a lot of strength and courage to do what you did. I admire you for that.

I can't speak for everybody, but there's a lot of us that are here for ya'.

fatnhappy
11-10-2012, 08:01 PM
ah man....... I'm sorry.

smokeywolf
11-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Beau, she was mighty lucky to have had you and your GF there for her. She had the best care because of you and your lady.
God Bless You!

smokeywolf

Doc Highwall
11-10-2012, 08:05 PM
It is funny how we can get attached in such a short time.
I know how you feel, I have 3 fur balls right now.

I still find myself thinking about my Maine Coon Cat that died last year. The wife and I buried him in the front yard under a tree he always use to look at from the front window.

WILCO
11-10-2012, 09:02 PM
ah man....... I'm sorry.

Ditto for me.

gray wolf
11-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Beau,
Truly sorry to hear about your loss, Julie and I are animal folks and Sir.--
we know what it's like --- it's never easy and always sad, very sad.
Warm feelings to you and your girl friend.

Sam

GT27
11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. There's no doubt that God has a place in heaven for pets also,they bring us too much joy, and companionship not too have a place there also!"Lambs, and Lions will lay down together"... GT27

richhodg66
11-10-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm very sorry. My wife and I are very much cat people and we've had several the past 24 years. Last one we lost was this big old loveable lump, most layed back one ever. We keep them inside exclusively, but he always was fascinated with outside and managed to get out a window we had opened and crawled up in the engine compartment of the family car and was killed when my wife started it and drove off for work the next day.

She really had a hard time of it believing she had killed him, and having to wrench the mangled body of my little buddy out of there was probably the worst task I've ever had to do. It was still a pretty good car and payed for and we had planned on holding onto it a few more years, but niether of us could really stand to drive it after that, so it got sold quick. It really is strange how you can get so attached to one.

We're down to just one cat now, we've almost always had at least two and sometimes three. This one is the best one we ever had though and we love him dearly. He's spoiled rotten and I sure hope he lives a long, long time.

brassrat
11-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Lots of places to curl up and hide at the Rainbow Bridge.

gandydancer
11-10-2012, 10:46 PM
I never have the words. other than to say. I know how you feel. I get madder then hell at my self when this happens for loving them to damn much. GD

Crawdaddy
11-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Lost my lab a few months back, I know how you feel. My condolences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ErikO
11-11-2012, 12:51 AM
That truely is sad. We lost a pair of old cats earlier this year. One was a muted tortie. After a few months we got the Russian Blue at a PetSmart adoption and have been happier since.

I'm sure that my Puffy and Kiki are both playing with Shiloh. :)

Le Loup Solitaire
11-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Heartfelt condolences on your loss. Was once there and did that; never really got over it or forgot. LLS

boltons75
11-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Sorry for your loss, I'm not so much a feline person, but I have two pups. One is just barley 1 year, and my old girl is fast approaching 15, but still insists she is a pup.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

DCP
11-11-2012, 01:07 PM
In this sad world of ours.
Sorrow comes to all.
It comes with bitterest agony.
Perfect relief is not possible.
Except with time.
You can not now realize that you will ever feel better.
Is not this so?
And yet it is a mistake.
You are sure to be happy again.
To know this, which is certainly true.
Will make you some less miserable now.
I have had experience enough to know what I say.

Abraham Lincoln

MtGun44
11-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Sincerest condolences. These little creatures really can worm their way into
your heart. I had a tortoise shell kitty with real, funcitonal thumbs for 19 years,
and still find them to be a beautiful coloration.

Best wishes.

Bill

SharpsShooter
11-11-2012, 01:46 PM
We are cat folks here too. Sorry for your loss.

SS

Jeff82
11-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Not much I can add other than that I'm sorry for your loss and understand how you feel.

montana_charlie
11-12-2012, 12:44 PM
My condolemces ...

gwpercle
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Beau ,

So sorry to hear of your loss. It doesn't take these little guys long to find a place in your heart.
Every time I have to make the decision like you did I swear ...no more cats. Then after awhile some little half starved kitten shows up on the door step and here we go all over again....the pain will fade and the good memories will stay.

gary