PDA

View Full Version : Rossi rio grande

starmac
11-10-2012, 02:47 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the rio grande.

lead Foot
11-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Very happy with mine, though the hammer fall is lite. I use large pistol primers now wich has solved the broblem for me. Also likes the RCBS 30-180-FN. Very good lite trigger and smooth action.
Cheers lead foot.

starmac
11-10-2012, 06:27 PM
There was a guy yesterday had one nib yesterday for 400 bucks. It sounded like a good deal, but wasn't sure. I don't know anyone that has one.

6pt-sika
11-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Ranch Dog seems satisfied with the one he bought . Also seems it caused him to buy several other Rossi products .

TXGunNut
11-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Ranch Dog seems satisfied with the one he bought . Also seems it caused him to buy several other Rossi products .

Check out his site, links to a Rossi site. Good info, may add a Rossi to the stable based on his experience. They seem a bit plain but I think I can live with that, seems more authentic, actually.

Iron Mike Golf
11-17-2012, 05:37 PM
I've not handled nor shot a Rio Grande in rifle chamberings. I did get one in .410 bore for my FIL about a month ago. Gave $430 for a new one at a dealer who was having a sale. It's a good piece. I have it right now so I can "zero the scope" for him. It's for backyard pest control (squirrels, ground hogs, 'coons). Lots of fun. I want one for myself.

I also have a Rossi 92 in 357 mag. Man, what great fun that one is.

joec
11-18-2012, 11:07 AM
I have one in 45-70 and love it. I actually compared to two other like caliber Marlin guns all new at Bud's and decided on the Rossi due to fit and finish. It was flawless exterior wise as well as the action smooth. When I got it home and broke completely down I found to minor problems a slight burr on the feed ramp and the loading gate was hard to push. Both took a few minutes to smooth out with little work at all. Other than that it was one of the best internally finished guns I've ever owned and that is a lot of them. All I've done since is shoot it and add a Bushnell Banner 1.5 - 4.5 x 32 scope to it using Weaver Quad rings.