PDA

View Full Version : I have more than George Soros

Jim
11-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Yep, that's what I said. Not monetarily, but in blessings. Here's why I say that.

First, I have an absolutely wonderful wife. Unemployed and with no hope of that changing, Janet carries me. Thanks be to God, she has a good job and makes good money. To the point that she is able to give me an 'allowance' every week. It's not much, but it keeps gas in my truck and gives me a bit of pocket money.

Next, I have friends all over the world. You think about how far spread is the membership of this forum. Look at how much good natured raggin' I get from some of the guys here. A lot of people, mostly the ladies, don't understand this. If these guys didn't like me, they wouldn't be posting to and/or about me at all. Shaw, even ol' Jeff over there in New Zealand sends me photos of that cute little girl of his! I betcha' ol' George Stinkhead don't get THAT!

I got more toys than you can get a permit for. No, I ain't got 150 guns, but the few I have, I have a dern good time playin' with. I managed to sell a rifle recently that was just too heavy for me to lug around. With that money, I bought a rifle that fits me like it was made by Holland & Holland for me. I know for a fact that rich bahstud don't have a clue how much fun it is to work up a load for a new rifle only to find the sweet spot and be able to show the guys "Looky here, fellas!"

Except for a bit of arthritis in my knees an' elbows, I'm healthy. I ain't layin' in my death bed lookin' like a plumbin' experiment. If I take my medicine regular like I'm supposed to, I can even manage to walk a coupla miles 'coon huntin' with my buddies. Lemme tell ya', fellas, you can't buy that kinda' fun, I don't care how much money you got.

Yes Sir, I am a wealthy man. George Soros ain't got a pot to pee in or a winda' to throw it out of, settin' up next to me. I'm happy as a pig in fresh doo doo and I hope that grates on him like a new file.

square butte
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Aint life great. The Augustus McCrea school of life - "It's the little things that make life good". Still trying to get my brother in to assisted living. Tough to do with someone who is mentally ill. We do enjoy your posts at our house.

Hickory
11-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Those who seek power are never satisfied.
The wants of an honest man are few.

1Shirt
11-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Well said Jim! "live long and prosper!"
1Shirt!:coffee:

WILCO
11-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Well said Jim! "live long and prosper!"
1Shirt!:coffee:

+1 and a ditto to boot!

Trey45
11-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I have a saying that I heard many years ago and sort of made it my own, it fits your situation to a tee Jim.

I am rich beyond my wildest dreams, I just counted my blessings.