PDA

View Full Version : Today's the Day

catmandu
11-06-2012, 05:30 AM
Well it's here. The day that decides what the next year's will be like.

My hope is that as a nation, we will all be humbled and come together today and do what is right so that the America that I love will flourish again.

I'm hoping. I'm praying, that it will happen.

In honor of all the who gave so much that we would have. In their memory.

May this be a good day that we look back on as the day we did what is right.

2 Ch 7:14

To GOD Corps an Country

Paul in WNY

sundog
11-06-2012, 08:07 AM
But herein lies the rub. On one hand there is a group of folks who says what's right is what THEY say it is. One the other hand, there is a group of folks who says what's right is what the founding fathers established. And then, in between, there are most of the folks.

Go vote!

leftiye
11-06-2012, 08:50 AM
To include a whole bunch who haven't been in touch with reality in memory. Airheads who one (If they can stand to listen) cannot fathom how their minds got so messed up. Case in point, all of the libtards having absolute coniptions over voter identification. Calling those who require identification racist and everything else imagineable. Would they rather that non eligible people vote, or worse still feloniously deceptive people vote many times? Don't they care about voter fraud, fraudulent voters, and the very dead voting? (what if these criminals were voting conservative - maybe then they (the libtards) would care.

Yup! We the middle class, the silent (for how long?) majority, the mainstay of Americanism - these mo mos try to call us "terrorists." And the commie pinko smoldering embers are the blue states, and we are the red states? Commies are reds, we're the true blue Americans. We live in times of unprecedented dishonesty, and this distortion of all that is - is the result.

garbear
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Yes I get to vote today.
Garbear

Tazman1602
11-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Already voted. At 7am at itty bitty Maple River Township hall people were already lined up out the door................

Roundnoser
11-06-2012, 09:00 AM
But herein lies the rub. On one hand there is a group of folks who says what's right is what THEY say it is. One the other hand, there is a group of folks who says what's right is what the founding fathers established. And then, in between, there are most of the folks.

Go vote!

Personally, I don't know how most of the folks can be torn between the Constitution and
___?_____. I am certainly voting in strong favor of the Constitution, and I hope the majority of voters feel the same way.

What does it say when so many voters are torn between the Great Law of this Land and some other ideology? That frightens me.

captaint
11-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Today is the day we go out and REALLY speak our minds. This is, after all, what we pay for. Let's hope we can make this a free democracy again. I will do my part. enjoy and VOTE. Mike

Freightman
11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Voted weeks ago,since I am old and crippled up I get to vote by mail and voted the next day after I got the ballot. Go VOTE please.

x101airborne
11-06-2012, 09:12 AM
I voted early. No way I miss a vote. I would rather miss opening morning of deer season.

Olevern
11-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Well, the black panthers are intimidating at the polls in Philly again. AG wouldn't take any action the last POTUS election when they did this so that only their liberal voting "friends of Obummer" would dare vote.

garym1a2
11-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Just remember to vote "R'

Hickory
11-06-2012, 09:15 AM
As soon as I get my shoes on,
I'm out the door to the polls.

Olevern
11-06-2012, 09:17 AM
I voted early. No way I miss a vote. I would rather miss opening morning of deer season.

I early voted as well, but my wife did not get her absentee ballot counted because of the two days the postal service was closed on the east coast which caused her ballot to not get sent out in time to arrive by the deadline.

She has been stuck in NJ caring for the daughter following her stroke and we had planned to come home to vote but my daughter took a turn for the worse following some surgury to correct damage to her vocal cords and collapsed bronchial tube so she could not come back with me to vote.

I came home last week and early voted.

Ben
11-06-2012, 09:28 AM
You can bet that my wife, son and I will be there " making our mark ".

We'll vote for America , not " revenge ".

Ben

alrighty
11-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Today is the day we go out and REALLY speak our minds. This is, after all, what we pay for. Let's hope we can make this a free democracy again. I will do my part. enjoy and VOTE. Mike

I could not have said it any better.I will do my part as well.

10x
11-06-2012, 09:36 AM
My sympathy to you guys.

No matter which president gets in they will have to face the fact that some of the U.S. government public servants have broken their oath to uphold the U.S. laws and constitution. More will have to be done than giving these misguided civil servants a bye or a pardon....

thegatman
11-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Voted already but I live in a state where it doesn't matter.

1Shirt
11-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Number 5 in line this morning at 8:03.
1Shirt!

garym1a2
11-06-2012, 11:15 AM
I talked two democrats into voting for Rommny.

Both where big time "hope and change" people four years ago.

Neither one could figure out one good think the prez did for them the last 4 years.

Jim Flinchbaugh
11-06-2012, 11:18 AM
On my way shortly, to vote for Obummer-
To vote that he packs his bags and gets out of my house on Pennsylvania Ave
:bigsmyl2:
I really wish we could have someone worthy to vote for though, I am growing weary of voting for the less stinky bowl of pooh :(

frkelly74
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
We went as a family to vote. It was one of those home school field trip type excursions. My vote strategy was to vote to maintain deadlock and break momentum of any in office. I have come to view progress and change as being detrimental. I guess what I object to is progress with an agenda that I am fearful of.

I do look forward to not getting up 4 or 5 times during dinner to hear someone say "vote for me" on the phone. I would let the machine screen the calls but our daughter calls once in a while and I hate to let her think she has been screened.

smoked turkey
11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
We too are soon going out the door to vote for those (Republican mostly) who loves America and all she has stood for in the past. I'd like to see a return at the top office of our land for respect for the common man and one who has pride in America as the greatest nation on earth. This would also be one that is not afraid to admit that they don't know all the answers and its ok to seek help from the wise God who created the world and everything in it. I know the current president says he loves America but his actions speak volumes the other way. We have been active in the 40 days of prayer prior to this election. I pray that folks will vote for candidates who support the constitution and use the Bible as a guide for right living, decision making, and for what is right , fair , and honest. Sorry for the longer than usual post but I could say a lot more. I imagine all here could say the same thing.

runfiverun
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM
the issues that affect your life most are the local "propositions"
we have prop-1 prop-2 and prop-3 here.
1-2 are voting on weakening/strengthening the teachers union, and giving them raises based on performance not length of service.
3 is for funding laptops that will create a funding issue,maintenance problems and monitored networking.

having someone else in the whitehouse is important for the direction of the country.
but the biggest impact to our daily lives is the local voting issues.

TCFAN
11-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Just got back from voting. I was number 199 to vote. That is a lot of voters for any election in this area this early.Also had to show a photo ID even though the poll worker has known me for years.I don't see a problem with that.
Good post above by Smoked Turkey..........Terry

Blacksmith
11-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Voted this AM the poll worker said they have been busy since they opened. Lots of older folks in line and the poll worker wanted to make sure I understood how the machine worked even though I have used them in every election since they got them. I voted conservative including no on six of the seven ballot questions.

farmallcrew
11-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Voted at 0945 today and was number 204. They said they get big rushes everynow and then. Will advise what number my parents when they call and ask if i voted.

kbstenberg
11-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I went in about 9:45 after getting off of my deer stand. Went in wearing all my Orange clothes. I didn't have to wait. But several were in line when I got done.
Obama's out of a job!
Kevin

alrighty
11-06-2012, 03:03 PM
I drove my Dad down to the polls around 10:00 a.m. as I normally do. My mom was working the polls as she has done for years.I thought that the late arrival would mean few in line.I was wrong , it was the largest crowd that I have seen in my 27 years of voting.Hopefully this is a good sign but I still have my doubts.I did my part but I know you can never underestimate the power of stupid people.

2ndAmendmentNut
11-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Mitt got my vote at 7:00am.

smokeywolf
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Olevern, I hope your daughter's condition improves quickly. It's a terribly frustrating and helpless feeling when you know your children are having a tough time of it.

Although I pretty much just vote against ANY new tax or any increase in ANY tax. Vote against any proposition or issue that benefits most big business. Specifically and especially the companies that export most of their work and jobs. Plus, vote against any issue that might benefit any company, conglomerate, or industrial sector that has more influence (owns more politicians) on the U.S. government than the voters. I also have to vote against anything that Gov. Brown wants, because he's full of it; his name suits him.
I always do a final look at our local propositions before I head for the poling place. A mistake in voting is nearly as inexcusable as not voting.

smokeywolf

John D
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Voted already but I live in a state where it doesn't matter.

Voted at 0615 this morning for the "American".
+1 on what "thegatman" said.

Rick N Bama
11-06-2012, 04:57 PM
My small polling place has some 532 voters. Our polls opened at 7:00, I was there around 8:45 to claim #157. That looks like a turnout to me!

Rick

bob208
11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
i was at my place to vote at 10:30 did not get done till 11:30. i was number 480. which is very high. i have never been past 250 before and that was in the afternoon. a very right leanning bunch.

Brittany
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
We have friend in the RV park we live in in the winter. one is 63 the other is 67 they have never voted in a presidental election in there life.

They were so mad about the direction this country has went the last four years, that they made sure they voted this year. Maybe we will have enought people that feel that way that they will insure the out come.

starmac
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Got her done. I didn't even check to see what number I was, but it appeared to be a steady stream of folks voting.

shooterg
11-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Showed up later than usaual (9Am) with the 2 year old grandson, still lined up , took an hour to get through. Asked if he could cast a provisional ballot - but it wouldn't count for 16 years ! He did hit the "Cast Ballot" spot on the touchscreen for me. He left with TWO "I voted" stickers on - I'm scared somebody might think he's a Democrat !

PatMarlin
11-06-2012, 06:25 PM
[smilie=w: Tomorrow's going to be a great day for me.

President Romney will be the winner and my divorce will be final...!

YEE HAWW...!

[smilie=w: [smilie=w: [smilie=w:

smokeywolf
11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Got er done. Voted against taxes, Dems, big insurance (Mercury), and Monsanto.

Awsar
11-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Voted , i hope and pray it was not wasted
need to kick out all the politicians and start over.

Glassman66
11-06-2012, 07:41 PM
On my way shortly, to vote for Obummer-
To vote that he packs his bags and gets out of my house on Pennsylvania Ave
:bigsmyl2:
I really wish we could have someone worthy to vote for though, I am growing weary of voting for the less stinky bowl of pooh :(

Ditto, I always feel like I am just voting for the lesser of two evils! No matter what, its a good 'ol boys club in washington and no matter who gets in, its all about the money.

Randy

popper
11-07-2012, 12:12 AM
social problems are caused by spiritual problems.

runfiverun
11-07-2012, 12:52 AM
i think the bigger issue is MO-free stuff.

olaf455
11-07-2012, 12:58 AM
kiss your liberties goodbye

PatMarlin
11-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Well at least I'm divorced.

-Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh.

frkelly74
11-07-2012, 07:46 AM
I' having an urge to max out one of my credit cards on primers and maybe some powder , and a 9mm pistol.