PDA

View Full Version : I just can't stand no more

white eagle
11-05-2012, 08:38 PM
the 6th can not come soon enough
I have had it with all the slam politics and slam ads in this race.
I have noticed it get progressively worse through the years..
have we become so calloused that these type ads are so common place.
Gets to the point when you just want to say I give..........:holysheep

**oneshot**
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I wish the ads were more informing on the candidate, what is the plan, where will it get us, and who they want on their side.
All this he did this and she did that is just for the birds.

1Shirt
11-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Gotta get rid of the da#n Pacs!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

btroj
11-05-2012, 11:15 PM
I hate all the campaign garbage. I don't want the mail. I don't want the ads on TV or radio. I sure as heck don't want the calls.

I long ago learned how to tell when a politician is lying- their mouth is open.

facetious
11-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Did you ever think you would look foreword to adds for adult diapers and pills for constipation just to get a break;-)

3006guns
11-05-2012, 11:48 PM
I agree.......the 6th CAN'T come soon enough. It's 7:45, evening of the 5th right now and I'm sitting here vibrating just wanting to vote. I've voted in every presidential election since 1970 (just reached 21 and they lowered the voting age!) and can't remember being this anxious. I'll be at the polls come 8:00 am, even though I'm on the west coast.

I REALLY want that guy out of the White House.

tomme boy
11-06-2012, 12:20 AM
If you think it is bad now, wait till Obama loses and it will make the hanging chad look like a 5 sec commercial.

edler7
11-06-2012, 12:26 AM
What gets me is why over 500 million dollars spent (by each side) on a job that pays $570,000/year, including salary, travel and entertainment budgets.

Power is a potent drug....

Slow Elk 45/70
11-06-2012, 12:41 AM
While we are "getting rid of"...We the people that vote need to make the "Electorial College" go away...we have communications, we don't need this antique side line in our politics anymore...this is Not 1952...

We have to turn our country around and get rid of...."Political Instutions"....that can supercede the real vote..IMHO[smilie=b:

starmac
11-06-2012, 01:00 AM
What gets me is why over 500 million dollars spent (by each side) on a job that pays $570,000/year, including salary, travel and entertainment budgets.

Power is a potent drug....

If that was the case, the kids 13th birthday celebration surpassed the budget by far.

One dinner almost to doubling it, ONE DINNER. They had no such thing as a travel and entertainment period.

starmac
11-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Dump the electoral college, now there is a thought. We could all live by new York citys rules.

mooman76
11-06-2012, 01:09 AM
That and I keep getting phonecall after phonecall. I get at least 10 a day and they same people keep calling over and over. That could be considered harrasment. And what ever happened to my vote is my own personal information. Now they expect you to tell them who you voted for. I just tell them it's none of their bussiness.

starmac
11-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Just one more day, then we can listen to the non stop voter fraud and lawsuit news.

L1A1Rocker
11-06-2012, 01:21 AM
if you think it is bad now, wait till obama loses and it will make the hanging chad look like a 5 sec commercial.

this!!!

L1A1Rocker
11-06-2012, 01:24 AM
While we are "getting rid of"...We the people that vote need to make the "Electorial College" go away...we have communications, we don't need this antique side line in our politics anymore...this is Not 1952...

We have to turn our country around and get rid of...."Political Instutions"....that can supercede the real vote..IMHO[smilie=b:

I disagree. In fact I think we need to go the other way with more representation given to the state and less to the population. The founding fathers never concieved of such a dense population as we now have in so many of the smaller states.

I submit that each state should have 10 automatic electors, plus what we currently add do to population.

uscra112
11-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Dump the electoral college. Now THERE's an idea that the liberal fascists have gotten behind, with great enthusiasm. Been yelling about it as long as I can remember. It was put into the Consitution for a very good reason, and transprt/communications was not it.

As far as the phone calls? I have an unlisted number, and have gotten zero phone calls. And I'm in Ohio - and in Coal Country Ohio at that!

runfiverun
11-06-2012, 01:31 AM
actually each state should have the same number of collegiate votes.
the whole point was to even out the voices between the big cities and the ones that actually do the work.

smoked turkey
11-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Talkin to a guy earlier this evening about the election tomorrow. He figures that Obummer will take a lead early in the day and stay in the lead until the Republicans get off work to vote!

randyrat
11-06-2012, 02:02 AM
I disagree. In fact I think we need to go the other way with more representation given to the state and less to the population. The founding fathers never concieved of such a dense population as we now have in so many of the smaller states.

I submit that each state should have 10 automatic electors, plus what we currently add do to population.
We have 2 Senators to each state no mater the population and we have Representatives per population..the Senate moderates or lets cool heads prevail and is the last to sign any Bills before the president can sign it.
I'm not sure if you idea would work?

I'm one of those poll pokers= one day they think I'm a single black woman 50 yrs old the next day I'm 18 years old Mexican. I'm sorry I'm the one that is screwing up the poles. I'm getting 10-15 calls an evening and they have PIS### me off.

starmac
11-06-2012, 03:12 AM
In my lifetime I only have gotten one poll call and they hung up on me.

leftiye
11-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Sounds like what happened to me when I told them the Bummer should be in prizon.

white eagle
11-06-2012, 06:28 PM
while I was sitting here reading this I got two phone calls
Like I told them I almost don't want to vote its like saying to yourself which foot do I shoot myself in..
All politicians are lairs so what's the use
I have heard change this change that but have yet to see any change from either party
its all hogwash

shooter93
11-06-2012, 06:51 PM
The attack ads get so pathetic for the very simple reason that they work....millions of people believe them no matter what fact checkers say. Getting rid of the electoral college is a very bad idea but it does need changed which ofcourse will never happen. I thought maybe freezing the number of counties where they are now, then give each county one electoral vote and you win that county only, not the whole state. One thing is for sure though....it is highly unlikely that any change will ever be made that might hamper the power of the two largest parties.