PDA

View Full Version : A humorous thought

Jim
11-05-2012, 08:37 AM
I know the photos of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier have been beaten into the ground. I had to put it up again, though, 'cause something just occured to me.

I'm pretty sure their weapons are not loaded, but can you imagine what they could do with those fixed bayonets to some ******* that was intent on vandalizing the tomb?

Oh, dear God!
http://floydpics.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/marine-guards-e1352118635917.jpg

x101airborne
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Well, whatever ******* came to vandalize that toumb would leave with a colostomy bag. Well, if he could leave at all after three dedicated, professional soldiers got through with him

blademasterii
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
It would surprise me if those weapons were not loaded.

6.5 mike
11-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Not to mention a couple shots to the ribs & head with that steel buttplate. :Fire:

7br
11-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Deleted due to a misread: )

Jim
11-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Well, whatever ******* came to vandalize that toumb would leave with a colostomy bag. Well, if he could leave at all after three dedicated, professional soldiers got through with him

THAT'S funny!

WILCO
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_the_rifles_of_the_Honor_Guard_at_the_Tomb_of_t he_Unknown_Soldier_loaded

The rifles currently used by the Honor Guard are M14 rifles. They are fully functional and ready for use, but they are carried unloaded without a magazine inserted.

First, during rifle inspection and handling of the gun there is a danger of an unintentional round being fired. Second, there would rarely be a reason for the use of deadly force. Even if there were a reason, with all the people around there it would be hard to fire a "responsible" shot with the bullet hitting and stopping your intended target and no one else.

That said, inserting a magazine and charging the M14 is a matter of seconds. The Guard, while ceremonial, is the real deal.

There are many rumors surrounding the Tomb Guards, and one is that if you invade the Tomb area you will be shot. This is not true, and if that happened the Guard would be criminally liable. No one will be killed, assaulted, or knifed with the bayonet for the reason of intruding on the Tomb. Regardless of what one may think of the military- they do understand perhaps more than anyone, the concept of the use of deadly force and when it is warranted. A disturber may get arrested at the Tomb, but not killed for such offenses.

To those who may dispute the guns are not loaded- go see the Changing of the Guard or see a video of it. When the inspecting officer approaches the oncoming Guard, the first move the Guard makes is to open the action of the rifle, and peer down into it, just before the inspecting officer snatches it away from him. The purpose of this move is to ensure that the Guard is NOT about to hand over a LOADED firearm to the officer. At no time thereafter is a magazine inserted into the rifle, nor a round inserted at all.

WILCO
11-05-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsdHxUXf2CE

41 mag fan
11-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Didn't you hear??? Our savior in office decided the guards need to carry rubber bayonets. That way if they trip they dont impale someone or themselves.

runfiverun
11-05-2012, 07:34 PM
well..... the no bullets thing is standard operation.
that's how we guard everything now.
the tsa/homeland security has all the bullets that would have been alotted to the military for "guarding" purposes.
the military is expected to call the cops in case of emergncy [i'm serious]

41 mag fan
11-05-2012, 07:46 PM
well..... the no bullets thing is standard operation.
that's how we guard everything now.
the tsa/homeland security has all the bullets that would have been alotted to the military for "guarding" purposes.
the military is expected to call the cops in case of emergncy [i'm serious]

OMG....no wonder we have rampant crime in the cities.....this is ridiculous when the military has to stand down and wait on the police.

cdet69
11-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Watch the video attached of the USMC silent drill team. It is absolutely amazing. The handle a M1 Garand in ways I could only dream. Some of the best once again representing our country.