PDA

View Full Version : Back in Oklahoma

Ickisrulz
11-04-2012, 09:34 PM
I left Las Vegas two weeks ago to return to my house in Oklahoma. My wife will do her last deployment and then retire from the Air Force. There was no reason for my boys and I to sit in Nevada paying rent when we have a house already paid for sitting here...so here we are.

Our tenant of the last 6 years was neglectful of our property and failed to let us know the air conditioner had been stolen, the water line from the well to the house was broken and created a swamp or that the yard needed brush hogged. We had quite a surprise pulling into our driveway at 8:30 on a Friday night. Oh, I will add she didn't clean much either. The tenant is my wife's sister and I'm not real happy with her.

Anyway, two weeks later the HVAC is back (thank you insurance) the waterline is fixed, the lawn has been brush hogged and mowed, and the house has been cleaned. I've painted my two boys' rooms and am waiting on carpet. Next will be the rest of the house and a new roof. Lots of work, but I have the time.

One of the best things is that I can shoot out my back door. It's 60 yards from my porch to the backstop. I can do a 100 yards if I go diagonal across the property, but I get pretty close to my neighbor and won't do it much.

skeet1
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Ickisrulz,
It's good to be home even though it takes some work to put things in order. I have lived in quite a few states around our country but Oklahoma is now home to me and I'm not leaving. Like you I can shoot in my back yard and My neighbors are good people. I couldn't ask for more.

Good luck on getting thing squared away and I pray your wife get back home safe and sound. Thank her for her service!

Ken

Olevern
11-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I wish you well in your retirement. Thank your wife for us for her sacrifice and service to this great country.

km101
11-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Welcome back! We need more good people in this neck of the woods! Coming home just feels good, even if it is a lot of work. But you have something to show for it now, and once you get it like you want it, you can relax and enjoy it. And retirement is great. Every night is a Friday night and every day is a Saturday when you are retired!

gon2shoot
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome home, I know what you mean about "tenants" nuff said. I live about 25 miles from you....when I'm home.

Circuit Rider
11-05-2012, 08:38 PM
You guys are making me homesick. No one can understand how I miss the constant breeze, sometimes a strong wind, the great sunsets out on the southern plains except you. Watching the clouds roll in with a thunderstorm. I won't mention the tornadoes tho. CR

trying2learn
11-05-2012, 09:14 PM
I live about 25 minutes west of ya. Tell your wife I thank her for her service. All of us oklahomans should get together and make some noise one day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

sundog
11-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Shawnee is not all that far, but the dirt is a different color from here to thar.. How y'all been enjoying this NICE fall weather. It just does not get any better!

Oklahoma, home of the Red Man, and home to 77 (that's ALL of them) red counties!