PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Youth deer season

Ed Barrett
11-04-2012, 09:07 PM
This little 12 year old girl took two does on my place this weekend. This is the first time she has hunted and she is brimming over with happy thoughts. I think we have a new hunter. Only problem was that she used a J-bullit, maybe next year a cast one.

btroj
11-04-2012, 09:38 PM
MO has a great youth season. My daughhter got a deer and a turkey there years ago. Even as a non resident the permits were very affordable.

Great to see new hunters joining the mix.

Jal5
11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
nice job! Glad to see kids getting involved in hunting. Ya done good

smoked turkey
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Very nice and quite successful on a couple of fronts. My grandson has killed a couple of does here but he didn't get one this year. Hopefully we can remedy that later on this season. Congratulations to that 12 year old girl.

TCFAN
11-05-2012, 11:42 AM
My grandson got a nice little buck north of Springfield Saturday. Down here had several kids come to site in their rifles on my range.A lot of the local kids killed deer this weekend from the pictures that are posted on Facebook.......Terry

smoked turkey
11-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Good job Terry. Question about the rut around here in the ozarks..Just where are we in the rut? I have seen only a couple of scrapes and a few rubs. It seems the rut hasn't gotten into full swing. Or is it just my place?

TCFAN
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Stan it is the same here.One or two scrapes and rubs. Got a few deer on the game camera. Looks better this year than last year..........Terry

Fishman
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I bowhunted last week in southwest Mo and the rut was almost nonexistent. No acorns either and the deer were all in the fields grazing or browsing brush.

Boerrancher
11-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Very nice indeed to see other youngsters out and having success. It will be something she will remember the rest of her life. Good on you for providing a place for a kid to hunt.

My buddy Chris brought his daughter out to my place to hunt. She didn't get one but at least she got to shoot at one. Cait and I didn't get so lucky. We only got to hunt for half of Saturday morning before I had to take her to her mother's. She was not a happy hunter that she had to give up most of youth season. I told her she will have plenty of time during regular season to fill her tags.

Best wishes,

Joe

Mk42gunner
11-06-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm glad to see and hear about all the new hunters, whether they get a deer or not. Hopefully they will remember the fun and good times when they are eligible to vote.

The one thing that does concern me (and I have seen it within my own extended family), is that people want to hunt deer, but they don't seem to want to hunt small game such as squirrels and rabbits.

Is this part of the bigger is better mentality, or am I missing something?

Robert