PDA

View Full Version : Keystone pipeline

crabo
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
What do you know about it? I was east of Mt. Pleasant, Tx this morning, and was talking to a deer hunter. He told me the majority of the campers and RVs in the park belonged to guys prepping for the pipeline to come through. I didn't talk to anyone there because I was short on time.

Anyone have any info on this? I thought it was dead in the water as long as Obama was in office.

bearcove
11-04-2012, 08:18 PM
They are doing part of I believe.

Circuit Rider
11-04-2012, 08:24 PM
As I recall, the line from Cushing, Okla. to the coast is going to be built. Since it doesn't cross another nations border, obummer has no control over the situation. CR

trying2learn
11-04-2012, 08:28 PM
As I recall, the line from Cushing, Okla. to the coast is going to be built. Since it doesn't cross another nations border, obummer has no control over the situation. CR

This is true. It was huge thing here in oklahoma. And then to make it even better when obama realized it was being built without his permission or "blessing" he showed up for what was in essence a ribbon cutting in okc. Just long enough to photo op it like he was backing it and run off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

oneokie
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Saw a string of flat cars on a rail siding recently, very large pipe, string of cars was about a mile long.

smoked turkey
11-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Oh yea! Obummer is big on coal and oil. At least that is what he said at one of the debates. Must be true.

starmac
11-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Oh yea! Obummer is big on coal and oil. At least that is what he said at one of the debates. Must be true.

Yup, very big on shutting it down, or like he promised making it unaffordable at the very least.

Bad Water Bill
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM

When EVER he opens his mouth it is a lie.

When he ran the first time he said All utilities were going to cost a lot more but no one paid attention.

He always said "under my plan" but then as now he has NEVER said what his plan is and no one has ever challenged him as to just what that plan is.

1Shirt
11-05-2012, 12:37 PM
have a bumper sticker that says "Worst President Ever", and it took a lot to bump Carter from that position!
1Shirt:coffeecom

blackthorn
11-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Your Democrats and our Liberals are pretty much the same thing as far as I can see. Up here, if a Liberals lips are moving its a lie!!! Our "NDP" (NEw Democratic Party) aint much better, but they are mostly just incompetent.

smoked turkey
11-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Ha Ha 1 Shirt. +1 on that. Maby a group buy for that bumper sticker?

km101
11-05-2012, 05:15 PM
+1 on the "Worst President Ever" bumper sticker! I would take two if you get them made!

Bad Water Bill
11-05-2012, 05:37 PM
"Worst President Ever"

By presidential decree.

Homeland security is directed to apprehend and incarcerate indefinitely anyone displaying this banner,

Signed
B H O

.:bigsmyl2:

41 mag fan
11-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Maybe we can send him over by Bills where the governors make the license plates!!

gon2shoot
11-05-2012, 08:23 PM
The southern leg of the Keystone is under way. If on the unthinkable chance that Opromter is re-elected a "back door" plan for the northern leg is in place. (but you didnt hear it from me)

gbrown
11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Last week, there was an article in the Houston Chronicle about the tree huggers squatting in trees up north, seems like the Bryan/College Station area, trying to block the Keystone project. Sure hope no one mistakes them for squirrels running around up there.:roll:

Here it is:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/gallery/Keystone-Turmoil-51445.php

Dale in Louisiana
11-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Pipelines are going in like crazy in many places as fracking frees up natural gas and oil deposits. I work for a natural gas pipeline company and it's been a madhouse trying to get pipe and valves for pipelines.

People are the same way: Anyone who knows a bit about the biz is working.

Go into one of the active areas and try and rent a hotel room. A silly little Holiday Inn Express in Beeville, Texas (access to the Eagle Ford Shale) was going for over $200 a night and you couldn't book a room from two weeks out.

And all this is with the current cretin in the White House. Imagine what would happen if we had a pro-business president.

dale in Louisiana
(but I do ELECTRICAL!!!)

popper
11-06-2012, 11:52 PM
yup only control he has is the 300yds across the border. got roped into seeing Argo. just showed how burocratic incompetence of state and Carter made a cameo to claim credit.