PDA

View Full Version : Who said life is good?

DeanoBeanCounter
06-10-2007, 01:22 PM
[smilie=w: Friday was my birthday (55). My daughter and her family and my better half took me out to dinner at Red Lobster. My granddaughter turned 9 on Friday too. I thought that was going to be about all there was going to be. Yesterday (Saturday) I was getting antsy sitting around the house. I didn't want to go to the range by my self. I couldn't drag my other daughter along because she's down with a cold. So a asked by wife to go to Cabela's with me. It's in Lehi, about 20 miles south of Salt Lake City. I just wanted to buy some bullets and look around. She surprised me when she said "Just let me get dressed". We had an good time. Had lunch, looked around, bought a few things. What was the real shocker was when we first walked in, we were approached by one of the friendly salesmen and were asked if he could help us. My wife said something about safes and that's the first place we went. They have this $900 gun safe on sail for $800. She said put it on layaway. I fell over faint. The only conditions were is that she chose the color (green, not black) and we keep our important papers in it. It didn't take me long to say yes. She said something about keeping grandchildren out of my guns. I agree.
She used to be apprehensive about guns, but I guess years of being married to me she sees them in a little different light. We looked at hand guns and she picked out a .380 that she liked. I fell over faint then too.
Who said life is good. Life is GREAT!!
:bigsmyl2:

rugerman1
06-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey DBC,Hittin' the double-nickel wasn't so bad after all!:drinks:

CT Kid
06-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Then you woke up!
My birthdate is the same as yours except mine is 6/8/55 so I am only 52.
Maybe in three years my wife will go with me to the gun store and buy a safe for me!
Something to look forward to.......

Crash_Corrigan
06-11-2007, 02:50 AM
My wife is a dead shot! We first got married in '86 and bought a log home on 10 acres of old apple orchard in Jeffersonville VT (pop 505). Our property was surrounded on 3 sides with national forest. Our nearest neighbor was about 1/2 mile away and he was a nudist and a survivealist. He lived in the ground in the earth house covered on 3 sides with the ground. This dude would walk around with a Ruger Blackhawk in a leather holster and a belt with a pair of boots and nothing else. It was a hoot. I bought her a 12 Gauge Mossberg slide shotgun and I set her up 25 feet away from a plank which I had suspended between two 55 gal drums. I set 6 fosters 24 oz beer cans filled with red dyed water. She let loose with 5 quick shots and cleared the plank and filled the air with dye. I couldn't pry her loose from that Mossy. Then I hooked her up with my 586 6' bbl S&W with wadcutters and an assortment of cans and rocks again on the plank. Six shots = six hits from 20 feet. Once she got used to loading and unloading and lowering the hammer from full cock she kept the revolter close to her around the house for two years. Spin the clock ahead 7 years and now she has migranes and cannot stand earplugs or head phone muffler sound suppressors at all. Ergo no shooting and now she is giving me trouble about my "Involvelemnt" with shooting, casting and reloading. Why do women change so much so fast and why do they think that they are always right and we men are always wrong. :confused: