PDA

View Full Version : Finished the stove!

Freightman
11-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Electric cook stove went out a couple of weeks ago, so we decided to go back to natural gas like we had originally thirty years ago, figured it would be an easy fix NOT!We had new cabinets installed a few years ago and moved where we had the stove 16" where we would have a little more cabinet space. I have a bad back and a pair if bad knees and just can't do it any more so called the plumber. He had to go under the house to move the line and had to drill a new hole in the base pate for it, not a problem but someone had relieved him of his drill, he said I will have to go to the shop to get another, no I said I have a drill and hole saw. So I got it and he finished the job. He went out to the shop and saw I was a shooter reloader and ask my advise on a reloading setup. I had to go to my little job and left him to finish, it took him three hours and $25 worth of fittings and I had already figured the bill @$75 per hour = $250. Was surprised when he said $175 I ask why and he said not many people will help much less loan me your tools and you are a fellow shooter, and conservative so it saved you $75. See it does pay to be a shooter and to be helpful. He is going to come over and get a list of what he needs and where to order it from. Made a new friend. Been a good day.

DCP
11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Just a really nice story:awesome::goodpost::CastBoolitsisbest:

DCM
11-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Good deal!

And you got to help a fellow shooter! BIG PLUS!!!!

x101airborne
11-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Yes, good deal. AND you just may find a small supply of soft lead.

11-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Good story 'cause you must be a good guy. What goes around comes around.

smoked turkey
11-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Amen and +1 on what 725 said.

Bad Water Bill
11-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Now are you going to introduce him to all of us?:bigsmyl2:

supe47
11-03-2012, 10:04 PM
My postman noticed my gun magazines and fliers from Midway, Southwest shooters supply, Brownell's,ect. and asked if I was a shooter. Why yes, and I cast for most everything I shoot. He turned me onto a neighbor a few doors down the street who has a stash of a couple hundred pounds of 63-37 solder. Neighbor sells it to me for $8 lb. Not the best price but I've got ready supply of tin for near future. And he's not a shooter, just a collector. I never would have known except for the mailman. A mailman shooter....who'da thunk?
Supe
Supe