PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Lub-a-matic 1 (old) / O-rings

Pop_No_Kick
07-20-2005, 11:49 PM
My Lube-a-matic blew a gasket !

I have been hav'n a prob. with the lube flowing into the groves
on my Bootits, I was think'n it was because all the different lubes I have been trying. This was a second hand RCBS
belonged to a cowboy .44 Shooter (low vel.).

Well I had enough of it not working, So I tore it apart and found that the o-rings had failed.
( 1"dia X 1/8"W X2 ea. neoprene)

Come to find out with all the years, And lube put thru this thing some of the lube was rock hard.

I boiled the Lube-a-matic (boil out the lube) and it works like new.

After praysing myself for saving $$, I heard that these RCBS are warrented for life?, and not just to the original owner.
is that true ?

thanx's
Chuck

NVcurmudgeon
07-21-2005, 12:46 AM
Yes, it's true. RCBS warranty borders on insanity, as far as the bottom line goes. About 15 or so years ago I wrote them and said that my nearly thirty year old RCBS Junior press was getting so the ram was a little loose, and did I need to worry abut it? I went on to say that if my press was worn out, I would buy a Rockchucker. Without even knowing whether I had one of their presses, they sent me (free) a new Reloader Special 4, and said that my Junior was good for a lot more loading. The Junior at age 38 is stilll working good for a friend of mine, I am very happy with the free Reloader Special, and I guess I never will get that Rockchucker. Several times RCBS has sent me small parts free, also.

Catshooter
08-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I bought a used RCBS Ammomaster at our gun show. Was missing 8 or 9 small parts. Called RCBS, told 'em the tale, and ordered the parts. No Charge! Not even postage, fer cryin' out loud.

I love my ammomaster.

Cat

J Miller
08-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Yes RCBS will warrentee those worn out O-rings. I got a pair for my Lube-A-Matic 1 last year. I also got a couple other parts I need as well. Great company to do business with.

Joe

buck1
09-04-2005, 03:10 AM
I screwed up a 431 sizer die. I told them what I did and, if I could buy the center pin for the die. They sent me a new die free of charge! I always rember that when buying something new! ...Buck