PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Rossi Ranch Hand

jh45gun
10-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Did some trading to get it I should have it on Thurs. It is a 45 Colt. Slightly used, metal perfect, wood just a couple of small dings. I can probably rub them out with the glass rod I got for cue stick dings. I have always wanted one of these decided to pull the trigger and get one. Lever is smooth on this one and it has a good trigger.

starmac
10-30-2012, 07:41 PM
well time to enjoy it.

Chill Wills
10-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Don't take this wrong (I've always wondered) what are they good for?
Thanks!:drinks:

jh45gun
10-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Well the Uberti Clone I traded in on it along with an other gun I could not see the sights very well due to NOT having adjustable well defined sights plus with the front sight fixed in the barrel and the back grooved top strap you had what you had. With this I can change out the sights if I need to (I like a front fiber optic sight) and with the 12 inch barrel I can hold the gun over my forearm and since it is not a revolver do not have to worry about blast from the cylinder. I am going to use it for close range deer hunting. Some might consider it a gimmick gun but I think it will have its uses. I seen some targets some one shot at 25 yards and 50 yards at the Paco Kelly Lever gun forum and if I can get the groups he did at 50 yards it would be an improvement of what I do with with my Uberti at that range. Plus call it the kid in me I always wanted one since I watched the TV show as a kid. Of course until they made them and classified them as a handgun they were illegal to own. For me I figure it will fill a niche. Is good like a rifle for long shots probably not but I think once I set it up the way I want it should be good for handgun hunting at short to some what moderate ranges. Not gonna load the cartridges to the magnum range but should be able to load them a bit hotter than the Colt clone also.

superior
10-31-2012, 03:58 PM
They can easily digest magnum pressure loads. The actions are super strong.

jh45gun
10-31-2012, 04:10 PM
They can easily digest magnum pressure loads. The actions are super strong.

Good to know that I seldom load anything to the max but it is nice to know I can load it hotter then my loads I loaded for the Uberti cattleman that were the standard 8 grains of unique for a 255 grain bullet loads.

Chill Wills
11-01-2012, 12:54 PM
jh45gun,

OK, good to know. I'd never been around one and did not understand.
Enjoy it!:grin:[smilie=w:

EDK
11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Don't take this wrong (I've always wondered) what are they good for?
Thanks!:drinks:

D*** if I know, BUT I want one too. I just can' decide if I want a 357 or a 44 magnum. I've got a BIG FIFTY (50/90) SHILOH SHARPS that cost a chunk of money (and I love it!) that SWMBO asks that question about.

:redneck: :cbpour: :guntootsmiley:

jh45gun
11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/jh45gun/WP_000117.jpg

OneSkinnyMass
11-02-2012, 12:57 AM
that looks like it'll be a blast to shoot. no pun intended

Skinny

jh45gun
11-02-2012, 06:44 PM
I put a Uncle Mikes Magnum Split barrel band for a quick detach swivel on the magazine tube and made a sling that goes over the shoulder and out to the barrel band. I had this set up for my Encore also it makes for a sturdy rest when shooting off hand as your pushing the gun out and the sling steadies it.

Phat Man Mike
11-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Just get a holster set up and open carry it LOL. I've been drooling over those for a while. Enjoy that pistola!