PDA

View Full Version : bucket of WW -

trk
06-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Wife and I went out for a sub this evening, and stopped by to price a set of tires at shop that's been in business for 6 months.

I 'just happened' that the clerk and my wife used to work at the same place (agency for the aged - i.e.: meals-on-wheels and more) and were the best of friends. It was old-home-week all over!

Negotiated for the tires. Asked about WW. The guy and I went to the back and he gave me an almost full (full enough so that the handle pulled out of the bucket). Established a relationship. He warned me of the weight and I mentioned I'd had the hernia operation on the other side - he had some SERIOUS questions as he'd just developed one & needed some basic info.

This was not only an immediate but a long term source!

targetshootr
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Good going. I also have a problem handling full buckets. I really need to find a lift so I don't have to ask the guys who work there to risk injury but I haven't seen anything on the market.

grumpy one
06-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Why not just carry three small buckets around with you? Divide the spoils into three 40 pound loads, and give the tyre store back its bucket. I'm not all that fond of huge bucketloads, especially when they tip over. I once had that happen while I was lifting it into the back of the car, and had to pick up all the pieces of typemetal out of the grass, feeling dumb the whole time.

jawjaboy
06-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Why not just carry three small buckets around with you? Divide the spoils into three 40 pound loads, and give the tyre store back its bucket. I'm not all that fond of huge bucketloads, especially when they tip over. I once had that happen while I was lifting it into the back of the car, and had to pick up all the pieces of typemetal out of the grass, feeling dumb the whole time.

Eggzakly! When going for a pick up, I always carry 3 buckets(just in case). But I've never had to use them. There's always some he-man there that insists on being....."the man"! And will not allow anybody to help him. Must be a southern thang! :roll:

Lee
06-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Congrats on the score! I walked in a tire store couple months ago, and scored 2 overfull buckets of WW. All that me and my boy could do to get 'em in the truck.
I contracted with the local sub shop to deliver a 4' and pop to the store for the 9 guys who work there. Cost me about $40, but I am hoping that in 6 months or 2 years or whatever, they will remember me "FAVORABLY" (Over 400# of smelted ingots, so I was also a happy camper)
As for "THE MAN", well wait 'till he picks up a bucket and drops one! And no, I don't mean a WW!![smilie=1: ..........................Lee:wink: