PDA

View Full Version : Robbed!

RugerFan
06-07-2007, 10:53 AM
While my 19 year old son was working the desk at Holiday Inn Express last Friday
afternoon, he was robbed at gun point. The two thugs took the cash from the drawer up front and then one came in the back office and made him open the lock box and give them the petty cash. No shots were fired and he is ok, but a pretty traumatic experience. He kept his head throughout the ordeal and we thank God that he wasn’t harmed. He told me later that the gun looked fake (plastic), but he wasn’t taking any chances. After calling 911 the place was crawling with LEOs in a flash. The culprits are still on the loose (for now), but its times like these that I can appreciate our fine men and women of law enforcement that are protecting our communities. They have a good description of the dirtbags and their getaway vehicle and should be hot on their trail.

Here is the news report of his ordeal:

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local_story.aspx?storyid=39499

trooperdan
06-07-2007, 11:00 AM
I am sure that was indeed a traumactic experience! Glad that your son is OK and I hope they catch the thugs... I noticed they were described as driving either an Escalade or an Expedition, I guess the high price of gas made them desperate! :(

9.3X62AL
06-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm very happy to read that money was the only loss sustained. Scary, scary stuff.

versifier
06-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for another pistol. Glad he's OK!

RugerFan
06-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for another pistol. Glad he's OK!

He worked the very next night and I went to check on him with my CCW along for the ride. Both my kids will be getting new side arms for their 21st birthday.

357maximum
06-08-2007, 01:38 PM
He worked the very next night and I went to check on him with my CCW along for the ride. Both my kids will be getting new side arms for their 21st birthday.

Does Georgia have the rule where an 18 year old can own a pistol if it is bought from a relative insteda of a dealer?

RugerFan
06-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Does Georgia have the rule where an 18 year old can own a pistol if it is bought from a relative insteda of a dealer?

I'm not sure, but you have to be 21 to get a CC permit.

Lee
06-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Glad to hear your son is OK.

I'm sure the Brady bunch can sleep soundly tonight, secure in the knowledge that both the thugs had registered weapons, and had successfully completed a CCW course, passing the background check. (Thanks Chuck, Sarah!! et. al.)

The continued profound stupidity of the human condition never fails to amaze me!!!

trickyasafox
06-08-2007, 07:01 PM
as long as everyone is ok. . . and by everyone i mean everyone but the thieves.

monadnock#5
06-08-2007, 07:16 PM
For several years there was a young man on a competing small bore team who carried a Rock Island .45, and had the permit to do so. And I'm talking 16 years old. He had a permit to carry before he had a drivers license. Come to find out, if the Police Chief in the town where one resides gives his personal approval, there is no age requirement in NH.

As your son has a demonstrated need RugerFan, I sure don't think it would hurt to run the idea past the Chief.

Oh, and the young man in question has since moved on to pursue his education at VMI.

RugerFan
06-08-2007, 09:49 PM
As your son has a demonstrated need RugerFan, I sure don't think it would hurt to run the idea past the Chief.

Good point, but I think it's a fairly imovable state law. But I can certainly ask.

My boy got word through work that they caught the scum bags. Supposedly gang bangers from Macon that had robbed 3 gas stations as well. Good to see they'll get plenty of time in the pokey. Chalk up one for our local LEOs!

wills
06-08-2007, 11:25 PM
http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/#?st=GA