PDA

View Full Version : I'll be busy for a while.

km101
10-25-2012, 10:34 PM
My order of primers, powder and J bullets should be here tomorrow! Powder Valley shipped it today. I cant wait. I feel like a kid at Christmas! I have tons of reloading projects and load work-ups to do. I need to do load development for 3 different rifles, and some more experimenting with different powders in 2 handguns.. Yep, I'll be busy for a while!!! The weather is looking rainy for next couple of days, so I wont mind being inside, and then I can spend some time at the range!

"Retirement is great...every night is Friday night, and every day is Saturday." Pat Haulsey

SciFiJim
10-26-2012, 12:23 AM
So, are you going to try to do all of the at the same time or work on one gun at a time? I run into this with having too many projects.

PS Paul
10-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Man, retirement sure sounds like a lot of work- ha-ha!!! Congratulations! I should live so long.....

41 mag fan
10-26-2012, 09:47 AM
So, are you going to try to do all of the at the same time or work on one gun at a time? I run into this with having too many projects.

+1 on that. I get carried away trying to play with too many guns all at the same time.

km101
10-26-2012, 10:43 AM

No, one gun at a time. Cant keep everything straight if I do more than one. LOL I've got to work up a new load for my .240 Wby first. The new manuals say that the load that I have shot for 20 years is now over max. Must have been some real changes in IMR 4350 in the las two decades. That load was very near the top back then, but not over max!! So that's my first order of business. Cant wait for the UPS guy to get here. :)

And yes, retirement is fun! I'm going to spend some of that time I've been saving all these years! Spend it doing things I WANT to do. LOL

Wayne Smith
10-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Probably not major changes in the powder, major changes in the way the data is collected. We are now measuring real pressure directly and have learned a lot. If you look at modern data compared to data of 20 years ago you will see lots of changes, mostly downward.