View Full Version : Why?

GSM
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Saw this on the FleaBay:

Item number: 330130071620

Sort of sad - ruined 2 moulds at once.

Bret4207
06-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Horse whipping is too good for the moron that did that. Ain't one chance in a thousand it'll line up right. Watch someone bid $127.93 on it.

fatnhappy
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
"The mold is in very good condition." [smilie=1:

Opinions vary.

kenjuudo
06-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Not as bad as the *****S that hock warped and twisted molds, or show one and send a junker in it's place.

jim

monadnock#5
06-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Not as bad as the *****S that hock warped and twisted molds, or show one and send a junker in it's place.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ken

trooperdan
06-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Am I seeing that right, they welded two 4 cavity H&G molds end to end? I can't beleive that would work at all!

redneckdan
06-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Am I seeing that right, they welded two 4 cavity H&G molds end to end? I can't beleive that would work at all!

that one work? not a chance in hell. I can tell from the pick that the halves don't line up right.

If some one took thier time and did it right with fixturing and propr welding techniques I think it would be possible. But theres still no logical reason to do it.

dubber123
06-06-2007, 08:58 PM
If you could get it REAL cheap, it might be fun to see if you could cut it apart to salvage the molds. Depending on the heat applied, they are probably warped all to hell anyways. Too bad.

BruceB
06-06-2007, 09:20 PM
There truly are some dolts in the world. What a waste. What stupidity.

In fairness to most Ebay sellers, I must point out that I've bought over two dozen moulds on Ebay, most of which had been used to some degree. All were in the condition described.

Only one required some work to get it into usable condition. I got it cheaply, and the description was honest. It was an OLD Ideal 454424, and I was hoping to find such a mould casting larger-diameter bullets than more modern versions, for my 25-5 S&W which had very oversize cylinder throats. No such luck, and I ended up selling the gun.

It does sound like others have had much worse experiences than my history with the Ebay site.

robertbank
06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
I have bought all but a handful of my molds via ebay with nary a problem. In fact, I only got stuck once by a kid out of Los Vegas who stiffed me on a Lyman case trimmer. Other than that all items have been as described or better.

Take Care

Bob

Johnch
06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
It almost looks like the 2 blocks on one side are mounted seperatly to the handles
So they MAY be OK , just have to seperate the one side
Or if both sides are welded , they way off .

But , even if they were , 2 new spru cuttters would have to be bought or made
Because IMO the mucked up the originals

I agree , if I could get the moulds for cheap enough .
It might be a fun winter project

But why mess them up in the first place ??

John