PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic Coefficient for Cast Boolits

Castoff
06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
I would very much appreciate it if some one more experienced and smarter than I could lead me to either:

1)- A listing of BC for cast boolits
Or
2)- A way to calculate BC for Cast Boolits

Many thanks

JCherry
06-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Castoff,

For a method to calculate BC for Cast Bullets go to;

www.uslink.net/~tom1/calcbc/calcbc.htm#casts

Have Fun,

JCherry

Castoff
06-05-2007, 01:41 PM
JCherry.
Many thanks for you good reply.
That is a very detailed calculator.
I will have to get on the learning curve ASAP.
Castoff

utk
06-05-2007, 02:22 PM
For LEE boolits, I found this text on their website:

"Ballistic coefficients for our bullet molds are found below the picture of the bullet on our web site and in our catalog. Our Shooter program allows you to calculate any bullet through the use of reading velocity reduction over a given distance".

Urban

scrapcan
06-05-2007, 02:26 PM
For lyman and rcbs bullets there are ballistic coefficients in some of the loading manuals.

What boolit are you looking to fin the BC for? Maybe someone can dig it out of a lyman or rcbs manual if for those makes. I have both lyman and rcbs manuals but they are not handy at the moment.

Pepe Ray
06-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook #3 And Lyman Pistol and Revolver Handbook #1 have that for the HG boolets used in the data. Pepe Ray

scrapcan
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Pepe Ray,

thanks for the confirmation on the lyman manual. I could not remember what all boolits were in the BC tables.

Jeremy

Castoff
06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Many thanks to all . I appreciate the good info.
I did not have a specific boolit in mind, but wanted to be able to better evaluate each one as I might want to use it. Still in the early "looking" stage and have not yet settled on one to use.

Does anyone still make custom boolit molds..............at an afforable price?
If any body has names and addresses on this I would sure like to contact these folks.
Many thanks
Castoff

TAWILDCATT
06-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Many thanks to all . I appreciate the good info.
I did not have a specific boolit in mind, but wanted to be able to better evaluate each one as I might want to use it. Still in the early "looking" stage and have not yet settled on one to use.

Does anyone still make custom boolit molds..............at an afforable price?
If any body has names and addresses on this I would sure like to contact these folks.
Many thanks
Castoff

Whats affordable most charge $100x$150. if your shooting pistols bc wont matter:coffee: :Fire: