PDA

View Full Version : [Q] NC, wake county -- need help starting up

worker
10-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Hello,
first post here.

I am looking for a casting 'buddy' from whom I could learn in NC, Wake county

I currently live in apartment and do not even have equipment.
However in a couple of years accumulated some WW -- and looking to learn

Is there anybody in the area interested to share knowledge and help to cast a few dozen boolits from WW ?

thx in advance

waksupi
10-19-2012, 12:08 AM
I'll move this to the "Our Town" section, more will see it. Welcome aboard!

Olevern
10-19-2012, 05:38 AM
welcome aboard and come on in pull up a crate and sit a spell. I assume you have been lurking for some time and trying to accumulate some knowledge on casting. Your biggest friend will be the stickies, a lot of good info there. Feel free to ask questions and do use the search function.

Can't help you with face to face (too far away) but with the number of members here hopefully someone is close and can provide that personalized guidance.

Once again, welcome.

Roosters
10-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Her is a thread you might want to look at (Casting in the Carolinas)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=139851&highlight=casting+carolinas

And welcome to Cast Boolits . [smilie=s:

Moonie
10-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Wake county is a bit far from me but there should be others near you.

I am willing to have you over if you wish however.

worker
10-19-2012, 06:50 PM
thank you for the worm welcomes and the pointer to Carolina casters thread.
I will PM folks there to see if they can offer help.

Yes I have been lurking for a while and had used the excellent sticky on how to sort ww.

palmettosunshine
10-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Welcome! You're a bit far for me to spin by but if you are ever in the redneck riviera on vacation (Myrtle Beach) you are more than welcome to come see how I do it.

Being in an apartment makes it tough to learn how to cast, what with the whole landlord frowning on smelting metal inside deal, not to mention how do you exhaust all the toxic fumes thing without contaminating my living space. :-D

Seriously I hope you find someone local that has the space and facility and kindness (and knowledge) to help you get started.

Go slow, think it through several times, and most of all be safe and have fun!

kmag
10-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Worker,
Sent you an email.

Dean D.
10-20-2012, 01:53 AM
Welcome Worker, you've found the best place on the Net to learn our hobby. Good Luck!

Wayne Smith
10-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Don't know NC, where is Wake County? I'm just north of the NC line. If you are close come on up. PM me.

Bad Water Bill
10-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Welcome to our happy home

County seat of Wake County is Raleigh N C

Wayne Smith
10-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Welcome to our happy home

County seat of Wake County is Raleigh N C

Aaah, bit of a drive from here.

worker
10-20-2012, 11:20 PM
I am in Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham/Cary, Chapel Hill )--so those 3 places are close to me driving wise.
appreciate all the replies. Glad to see quite a few from the area active.

My initial interest was to cast 9, 40 and 30-30 for my rather meager needs, but in reality even observing or casting my ww into ingots for storage is much appreciated.