PDA

View Full Version : Lost Piston

smokemjoe
10-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I had some very hard wax lub in my RCBS sizer -Lub, I wanted out so I took out die and ran the screw down and it came out, I make my own and had some in a pan, I cut some up , pushed it down and with the screw and piston run it until mine came out, I put in my .357 die but it wasnt the right one as it scratched the bullet up, finally found the right one and then cut up more lub. and pushed it down until full, dog was barking and getting on my nerves, I am chemo drunk by now from my treatment, wife wanted me to run and bring something to eat. done that, I then went to put the piston on the rod and screw down the lub, Piston gone. Torn the place apart , got the place clean up but no piston yet. I stuck a rod down throught the lub and it went way down to the bottom. looked good , for the heck of it I put the wrench on it in revearse and the lub started back out. Forgot and put lub on top of the piston, Over 50 years and messed up. Have yous ever got that bad, Thanks for reading- Joe

MBTcustom
10-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Never done that before, but I'm sure my day is coming! At least you got a clean shop out of the deal!

runfiverun
10-17-2012, 11:11 PM
smiling to self....admitting nothing

smokey496
10-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Cemo can make you forget a lot. I know it has for me. I have read that after your treatments it will get better with time. Eat well and take care.

Bad Water Bill
10-18-2012, 11:10 AM
I do NOT need chemo to do that. Some days I can not remember why I am in the basement. Just scratch my head and say OLD AGE.

Just be glad we are still here and given a few minut4es we do come up with the answers.

Hang in there and life will get better.

dragonrider
10-18-2012, 12:00 PM
I have spent a couple hours looking for something that I had in my hand the whole time. Does that count??

David2011
10-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Paul,

It does count. I've been losing tools, only to find them in my hip pocket, for 40 years.

David

Bad Water Bill
10-18-2012, 12:16 PM
How about loosing your glasses only to find them on the top of your head or your forehead?:bigsmyl2:

scarry scarney
10-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Smokemjoe - one of the most frustrating things for me, are those little memory gaps. There are events that happened while I was going thru treatment, that I just don't remember. I know it sounds bad, but keep a diary, of events, birthdays, what you did each day, symptoms/side effects from chemo, what you ate, weight loss/gain, appetite, how much you sleep, how often you go to the bathroom, etc. It helps in the healing process when you look back, as it fills in the gaps, and helps at Dr office when he asks how you are doing. Just remember, you are not alone, we are here for you

Maven
10-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Joe, et al., I did something similar as well. Years ago I purchased a flexible drive shaft for my Dremel Motor Tool, but shortly thereafter misplaced the adaptor that "interfaces" with the driving end of the flex shaft and the chuck end of the Motor Tool. I looked everywhere for it (things don't just vanish into thin air), even called Dremel to purchase a new one, but they were kind enough to send a replacement gratis. When it arrived, I quickly installed it only to find the original on the business end of the flex shaft, where I carefully placed it maybe 6 years ago! Boy, did I feel like an idiot. Btw, the flex shaft works beautifully and to think I could have been using it (very handy) for ~ 6yrs.!

badgeredd
10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
I just logged on the net to look up something...danged if I remember what...then read this...laughed at myself and some of the comments. Now I'm heading back down to my loading room to figure why I came upstairs in the first place.

Yesterday I looked for 20 minutes for a screw I had just removed from a project. Finally gave up...moved on to another project...reached for my shirt pocket to get my scale and found the screw...

Edd