PDA

View Full Version : ballistic Coefficient mihec saa270 gr solid

dmdracer
10-17-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm trying to figure the drop of the above boolit to use in the pointblank program at different ranges.

Mine lubed and ready to load are 288 gr.

Any info you can share ?

Thanks

Dave

badgeredd
10-17-2012, 07:25 PM
It would seem like the designer could give you a fair idea. The best way would be to get velocity and drop over three or four distances. I'm not good enough of a shot to trust my accuracy against my chrono.

There is a place on the net that I can't find right now that will give you a guesstimate based on nose shape, base shape, length, diameter and weight. Perhaps someone else might have it readily available.

Edd

rintinglen
10-18-2012, 03:44 AM
The B.C. should be about .180, SWAG based on similar .44 boolits. At revolver velocities, B.C. is pretty meaningless, which is a good thing since most bolits for pistols and revolvers have pretty poor ones.

dmdracer
10-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Thank you both for your reply
I ended up using .179 after more research and the SWAG :)
I,ll verify in the next few days.

leftiye
10-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Good approach! Calculate expected drop and test against it. Re guestimate, re calculate and test again.

Tom Myers
10-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm trying to figure the drop of the above boolit to use in the pointblank program at different ranges.
Dave

Dave,

Try the Precision Ballistics Coefficient Estimator (http://www.tmtpages.com/calcbc/calcbc.htm) on the Precision Ballistics (http://www.tmtpages.com/)website.

Follow the directions carefully and it should return a Ballistic Coefficient that is close enough to give you some reasonable drop figures in the Point Blank program.

If you can't get what you need, you can post the particulars such as bullet dimensions, sight radius, front sight height and muzzle velocity and either I or someone else on this forum should be able to figure out a drop table and sight adjustment chart for you.

badgeredd
10-18-2012, 02:06 PM
THAT is where it was! Thanks Tom.

Edd

dmdracer
10-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Again, thanks for the replies !

Tom, thanks for that link, I'll check it out later this eve.

You guy's are so great here.... this old guy has learned so much :)

Thanks to all,

Dave