PDA

View Full Version : bigfoot hunters, can you believe it??

dragonrider
10-15-2012, 09:35 PM
People out there still believe that bigfoot exists. I am absolutely appalled by this stupidity. Now they are going to use a stealth airship in order to film bigfoot in his natural habitat. The only natuaral habitat of bigfoot is between the ears of idiots wanting to get their picture on tv cause that means validation right there ya know. Reminds of all those *******es who believe in ghosts.

starmac
10-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Bbbbut I seen him,aaaand ghost too.

aa1911
10-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Kinda like zombies. fun to joke about but the people who actually believe that bigfoot is out there need a mental evaluation.

Mooseman
10-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Well , then you can call me Mental , because, I have seen a Bigfoot as did my hunting partner , and several other hunters in Florida. It walked right under our tree Stand in The Ocala National forest 30 minutes before it got dark. We saw it up close and personal like , and the smell was terrible. We froze with a combination of Awe and fear when it appeared right in front of us and walked right under our stand that was built between 2 trees.
One of My friends in Wauchula was hog hunting and cornered one with his dogs in a Palmetto scrub. It threw the dogs out 30 to 40 feet and they wouldnt go back in after it. His horses spooked as he tried to get close and refused to advance.
No, it wasnt a bear or a gorilla or like anything I have ever seen before , but I guarantee you I can still see that thing in my mind as I saw it to this day.
I am just thankful we were over 20 ft up so it couldnt reach us if it had wanted to.
We waited for a bit , then climbed down and ran back to the jeep and hauled tail back to camp for some whiskey...

Gliden07
10-15-2012, 11:40 PM
People out there still believe that bigfoot exists. I am absolutely appalled by this stupidity. Now they are going to use a stealth airship in order to film bigfoot in his natural habitat. The only natuaral habitat of bigfoot is between the ears of idiots wanting to get their picture on tv cause that means validation right there ya know. Reminds of all those *******es who believe in ghosts.

AWWWWWWW!!!!! Next thing you know you'll be telling me theres no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny!!!

waksupi
10-15-2012, 11:47 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/13/new-species-2011-conservation-international_n_848787.html

Why not?

camaro1st
10-15-2012, 11:54 PM
just cause you havent seen it dont mean it doesnt exist.

RugerFan
10-16-2012, 12:06 AM
:popcorn:

stubshaft
10-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Of course Bigfoot exists! I read it on the net...

Whiterabbit
10-16-2012, 01:44 AM
When I go big game hunting on stressed public land, it sure FEELS like bigfoot hunting!

starnbar
10-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Things do turn up that were thought to be extinct like the coelacanth a fish that dates back 65 million years they are still caught off south africa and indonesia just saying. Elmer Keith once remarked about a sighting he witnessed said what he saw appeared to be a primitive man walking across a glacier.

Tom Ruley
10-16-2012, 08:07 AM
I did see Bigfoot, It was late one night at Wal Mart

fishhawk
10-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Well I'm a long time hunter and am very comfortable out in the woods here in the US and in Canada where I also hunt. But I have to say I have experienced and heard things and smelled things I can't explain. Even well armed the experience made me feel totally inadequate in fire power. Tracks have been found, scat and hair also sound recordings also unexplained photo's of something. Even if some one would bring in a "body" it still would be "there's no such thing"

fatnhappy
10-16-2012, 08:15 AM
If I were make a wager on either the existence of bigfoot or Obama creating a single private sector job, the stupid hairy ape wins.

Trey45
10-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Go to one of my ex wifes family reunions in WV and you'll change your mind about bigfoot.
Complete with horrible smell.

fishhawk
10-16-2012, 08:18 AM
And that is which one of the 2 Dean?

Goatwhiskers
10-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Mooseman, when did you say you and your partner drank that whiskey? GW

Shooter6br
10-16-2012, 08:27 AM
"Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus "

Boerrancher
10-16-2012, 08:30 AM
As many of you know even though I was a career Army man, my field of study was Biology and Chemistry. Speaking strictly as a Biochemist, based up on the latest DNA evidence that has been collected there is the possibility that a large bipedal primate could exist. Notice I am saying could exist, not does exist.

There is one other option out there as well. Homo Heidelbergensis, Homo Sapiens' (us) first cousin, has been found to exist in Eastern Asia until about 10,000 years ago. Their population largely disappeared about the same time that the Mega Fauna became extinct. Homo Heidelbergensis that have been found in Eastern Asia and South Africa were between 7 and 8 feet tall on average and some have been found to reach a height of nearly 9 feet. Remember the story of David and Goliath? Some scholars believe that Goliath could have been Heidelbergensis. Archeological evidence indicates that Heidelbergensis was just as intelligent as modern humans, at the time.

Heck I don't know but it is fun to speculate anyway.

Best wishes,

Joe

Bad Water Bill
10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Well I have never seen one BUT if a creature has been reported at many locations in the U S,Russia, Siberia, Tibet etc and are a native legend of many years I will keep an open mind.

There is so much unpopulated land on this planet that could and does contain many species of life we have not identified YET.

dragonrider
10-16-2012, 09:14 AM

No I have never seen one, nor has anyone else. Where are the bones, hair, etc. Nothing has ever been found that can prove the existance of bigfoot. Think about, after all the people in all the years that have been searching and nothing, not so much as a single hair. We find dinosaur bones all the time but never a bigfoot bone. That has to tell you something. If anyone actually really believes that they have seen a bigfoot or a ghost, you should seek medical help because you are halucinating.

fishhawk
10-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Actually there may even be a reverence to "bigfoot" in the Bible. If you read genesis chapter 27 if you read how Jacob deceives his father Isaac because as Jacob describes his brother Esau as a "hairy man" and him self as a "smooth man" he covers his arms and neck with sheep skins to mimic the hair (fur?) of his brother and smell like Esau " the smell of a field the lord has blessed"

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Actually there may even be a reverence to "bigfoot" in the Bible. If you read genesis chapter 27 if you read how Jacob deceives his father Isaac because as Jacob describes his brother Esau as a "hairy man" and him self as a "smooth man" he covers his arms and neck with sheep skins to mimic the hair (fur?) of his brother and smell like Esau " the smell of a field the lord has blessed"

there is much more about "giants" (aka: Nephilim) in the Bible.

http://www.beit-ephraim.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Noach-Noah-Part-1-Genesis-6-Nephilim.pdf

Bad Water Bill
10-16-2012, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=dragonrider;1883077]No I have never seen one, nor has anyone else. Where are the bones, hair, etc. Nothing has ever been found that can prove the existance of bigfoot. Think about, after all the people in all the years that have been searching and nothing, not so much as a single hair. We find dinosaur bones all the time but never a bigfoot bone. That has to tell you something. If anyone actually really believes that they have seen a bigfoot or a ghost, you should seek medical help because you are halucinating.[/QUOTE

"We find dinosaur bones all the time".

With your attitude what makes you think there ever was a real dino. All that has ever been found is some ROCKS laid out in a ? pattern.

As far as real hair or bones If you believe there ever were MILLIONS of Bison roaming the great planes we should be head deep in their bones and their hair should be at least 100s of feet deep after the Bison shed their fir every year for tens of THOUSANDS of years.

HollowPoint
10-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm not comparing this Big Foot creature to God but, lot's of folks don't believe that God exists either just because they've never seen him.

Wether Big Foot exists or not doesn't really matter to me but, if it were ever proven to the satisfaction of the western world that they did exist it would be only a short time before humanity would most likely destroy all of them in their search to find more of them.

HollowPoint

Blacksmith
10-16-2012, 10:54 AM
There is so much unpopulated land on this planet that could and does contain many species of life we have not identified YET.

Bill don't you mean "we have not identified YETI."?:bigsmyl2:

gray wolf
10-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Sometimes it's extremely hard to believe how closed minded some people are.
The same people wouldn't believe in a big foot if it bit them in the A$$$.
But that's life and that's some people. They yell louder than everyone else and try to make people feel stupid and small for having beliefs in something they can't or won't fathom. They will give the same argument about many things, try and tell them about creation and you will see how they think.
Not worth the time or effort, Hey, they know it all, ask them they will tell you it's so.
Not only do they want to think the way they do, they want everyone else to think as they do. IMHO there thinking follows a very narrow path or perhaps the world they live in is very small and they don't want it disrupted.
I was coaching a friend over the weekend on shooting his A R 15 , My 44 mag Hunter was skinned on my leg and loaded with some 250 grain K hand loads,
10 grains of Long shot to be exact.
The week before I had my brother out shooting and had put some clay birds out on a hill side. I ranged them and new they were 129 yards down range and up on the hill. Two guys were watching him shoot
( two absolutely know it all kinds of people ) I mentioned the clay birds and said I could hit them with the 44 mag Hunter.
They both laughed at me and said "Old man in your dreams " then they joked with each other, saying it can't be done.
I moved Rob off the bench and took the A R 15 and loaded one round and blew up one clay bird. Then I UN-skinned the 44 rested it on a bag and blew up the other clay bird. They grunted and walked away, I yelled to them to stay around,
cause we were going to do golf balls next.

aa1911
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
If I were to see some bigfoot creature close to me, I think I would gun it down out of instinct to survive! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh bigfoot!!! blam blam blam blam....

maybe I'd just wave and smile.... I doubt I'll ever know.

Four-Sixty
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
I used to give a lot of thought to faking a Big Foot sighting in my home town. I thought it could give the place a little noteriety.

Love Life
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
I hate to burst your bubble DragonRider, but BigFoot does exist.

Shed currently resides in West Virginia where my brother left her after the divorce. I have pictures to prove it.

pmer
10-16-2012, 11:24 AM
When I was kid we went to the state fair and they had a dead big foot on display under glass - that had to be real..

Char-Gar
10-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I would never say something outside of my personal experience is or is not. There are many things I don't think are likely, but absolutely not...nope not my place to say.

Should I encounter one of the unlikely not critters in the brush, I would treat it as all other forms of life. I would not harm it, unless it was trying to do harm to me. Then I would put the blast on it.

EdZ KG6UTS
10-16-2012, 01:14 PM
People out there still believe that bigfoot exists.

Well, several years ago we stopped by a local 'Oasis' after a day's work in the desert, Borrego Springs. My wife and the bar maid watched a show on TV about "alien abduction', big foot, and such. Old Jim, our tenant, and I started laughing about it but my wife insisted such things existed. Jim pushed his hat back and said he'd been driving trucks in the desert for 50 years. In those years he had seen Americans, Mexicans, cats, dogs, snakes, sheep, cattle, and horses dead on the road. If there was such a thing as a sasquatch, bigfoot, or space men he would have seen one by now...dead on the road, hit by a truck . That was bigfoot theory according to Jim

EdZ

tryNto
10-16-2012, 01:41 PM

Heck of a Post, For someone with that User Name..... :bigsmyl2:

wv109323
10-16-2012, 01:53 PM
West Virginia has been mentioned twice in this discussion of Big Foot. I resemble those remarks about my home state. The reason I know there is no Big Foot in West Virginia is because if he existed and claimed to be a Democrat he would be elected.
Seriously I have seen one animal in the wild that I could not identify . It's fur was black with a long tail. It's hind quarters were extreme to the rest of it's body. It was in the 60-80 lb. range. I saw it only for 2-3 seconds as it hopped across the road. I was left with the impression that it may have been a black cougar that it's front legs and shoulders were not fully developed.

10x
10-16-2012, 01:56 PM
I did see Bigfoot, It was late one night at Wal Mart

X2 on that call. I am sure I have seen several sub species of bigfoot at Walmart.
Some buying ammo....

Tom W.
10-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Last night there were two "Bigfoot" shows on t.v. The first had to do with Bigfoot and scientists...real scientists, and they had what they thought was going to be samples of hair, a bitten apple, and scat so they could get DNA, but the tests came back as contaminated or inconclusive. I glanced at the other show and I believe it was in the mountains of S.E. Oklahoma, where the guys were wandering around in the woods, and something or someone was throwing rocks at them. One of the group unholstered a pistol and fired three shots, blindly at night into the woods ahead of himself. That frosted it for me. There was nothing else I needed to see, and was astounded that such irresponsible behavior would be shown on t.v.

Come to think about it, I shouldn't have been astounded.. but was disgusted.

Mooseman
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Heck of a Post, For someone with that User Name..... :bigsmyl2:

I spit coffee on my Keyboard reading that...Thanks ! LMAO

gray wolf
10-16-2012, 03:15 PM
One of the group unholstered a pistol and fired three shots, blindly at night into the woods ahead of himself. That frosted it for me.
Yup, we know the *******s exist, they breed, vote, and express opinions.
No DNA test needed

Pepe Ray
10-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Do any of you remember Argosy or True "the man's magazine"?
Seems to me that it was about 1950 0r thereabouts. One of these rags gave me my first introduction to Sasquatch. That's what he was called by the indians from the forested mountains of Northern Calif and Easterly.
One of the adventurers of that time had put on a search for the elusive critter using a movie camera. Some of the footage has been examined over the years and pooh pooied. OF course.
Among the other remaining tidbits of my memory I recall that a professional bear guide had been hired to run down the BF and had suffered a huge loss in expensive bear dogs being destroyed, their bodies being flung against the trees.
In other searches hair and scat had been collected and examined by labs but the science had not reached it's current levels.
I wonder if the specimens have been retained.
Fun, fun, fun.
Pepe Ray

starmac
10-16-2012, 03:36 PM
What would they match the dna to????
There are many things in this world (universe) that we have not discovered or have any knowledge of. (I think anyway)

pmer
10-16-2012, 04:07 PM
We have our own big feet here on the board. I wonder what Sasquatch-1 would say.... or maybe his silence is deafening..:shock:

brotherdarrell
10-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Can anyone post a link to a 'baby' bigfoot sighting? Or to a baby bigfoot foot-print? How about a sighting of an adolescent bigfoot or foot-print? All I have ever seen is in regards to full grown bigfoots(?).

Serious question

brotherdarrell

Roosters
10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
And all this time I thought he was killed back in August. When was the last sighting ? Check this out. :-?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9502550/Man-dressed-as-Bigfoot-killed-trying-to-provoke-sightings.html

Love Life
10-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Is it Bigfoots or would it be Bigfeets?

RU shooter
10-16-2012, 05:38 PM
You also mention "Ghosts" several times ,Legit question and nothing personal if you do or dont ,But Do you believe in angels or demons ? There are many who believe that . Have you ever felt the presence of a close departed loved one.Many would call these feelings or even visions "ghost" do I believe in Ghosts No not in the hollywood sense of the word But I do believe in the spirits of loved ones having interaction into peoples lives . I have had this happen several times and in different ways and no one can tell me it didnt happen.

As for a bigfoot Im not so closed minded to think that it cant be possible . There are many places on this planet that have never seen the footprint of man .

snuffy
10-16-2012, 06:00 PM
I saw him,(or was it her), last night on a jack links commercial. There's your proof!:bigsmyl2:

Could it be aliens? As long as we're hypothesizing, How about a predator type of big alien that just "visits" wild areas on a seldom, random basis. It answers several concerns about why no young bigfeets,, yeti's, or Sasquatch's.

Do I think they exist? Not for one minute. BUT if I ever ran into one, I'd probably walk up to him/it and say, howdy bub, what do you know that I don't?

eric123
10-16-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't know about Bigfoot, but I totally believe that ghosts/demons do exist. I've had a few experiences that have made a believer out of me.

Bad Water Bill
10-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Can anyone post a link to a 'baby' bigfoot sighting? Or to a baby bigfoot foot-print? How about a sighting of an adolescent bigfoot or foot-print? All I have ever seen is in regards to full grown bigfoots(?).

Serious question

brotherdarrell

Unless you raise pigeons have you seen any small ones or babies?

Gator 45/70
10-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Back in my younger single drinking day's, I may or may not have awaken with bigfoot sleeping next to me...

But i'll never admit it in public.....

lol...

camaro1st
10-16-2012, 08:10 PM
No I have never seen one, nor has anyone else. Where are the bones, hair, etc. Nothing has ever been found that can prove the existance of bigfoot. Think about, after all the people in all the years that have been searching and nothing, not so much as a single hair. We find dinosaur bones all the time but never a bigfoot bone. That has to tell you something. If anyone actually really believes that they have seen a bigfoot or a ghost, you should seek medical help because you are halucinating.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/15546507df733e016e.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=7065)

i guess seeing is believing

Just Duke
10-16-2012, 08:19 PM
I dated both his sisters at one time. They were both on the womens volleyball team in OR and 6' 5" with heels. The women in downtown Portland do not shave there legs for a reason.

41 mag fan
10-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I myself think it's a gov't cover up.

I bet they have a specimen in Roswell right beside the alien they have in the deep freezer.

oksmle
10-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Human-Bigfoot War, Oklahoma, 1855

brotherdarrell
10-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Unless you raise pigeons have you seen any small ones or babies?

Yes, I have.

Brotherdarrell

Boerrancher
10-16-2012, 10:11 PM

Legend of Boggy Creek?

Best wishes,

Joe

Chihuahua Floyd
10-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Never seen bigfoot, have seen the bigfoothunters.com truck with matching trailer. Was here in Bryson City, NC eariler this week. "Bigfoot Hunters" plastered all over both truck and trailer.
Daughter and I both had a laugh. More "reality" TV.
CF

dragonrider
10-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Well, several years ago we stopped by a local 'Oasis' after a day's work in the desert, Borrego Springs. My wife and the bar maid watched a show on TV about "alien abduction', big foot, and such. Old Jim, our tenant, and I started laughing about it but my wife insisted such things existed. Jim pushed his hat back and said he'd been driving trucks in the desert for 50 years. In those years he had seen Americans, Mexicans, cats, dogs, snakes, sheep, cattle, and horses dead on the road. If there was such a thing as a sasquatch, bigfoot, or space men he would have seen one by now...dead on the road, hit by a truck . That was bigfoot theory according to Jim

EdZ

Jim is obviously and intellinget man. [smilie=s:

dragonrider
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
BWB wrote:
"With your attitude what makes you think there ever was a real dino. All that has ever been found is some ROCKS laid out in a ? pattern."
Not trying to give any "tude". I can if you think it would help.?? I don't know where you are going with the rocks in a pattern thing, if you are trying to say dinos did not exist, you can't, the proof is irrefutable. Just like the Bison, the proof is there. And I am quite sure one could walk the prairies where the buffalo roam and find lots of hair and bones. Where are the herds of bigfeet losing hair as they thunder through the forest tearing trees out of the ground and using the root ball as backscratchers.

Really BWB, a couple of bad analogies, you can do better I am sure.

Gray Fox don't be beaten around the bush, say what you mean. I don't bite or shoot my friends. :bigsmyl2:

How come they are not out hunting Mermaids. It's reported that they can speak at least. And they sure are better looking than a hairy old squatch. Sure scientists young and old should be out rounding up Mermaids.

Love Life, she must have had a sister cause my brother was married to one for a time also. 300 lbs of couch destroying potatol

Wolfer
10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
I grew up in Shannon CO. In south central Mo. An area known for its hillbillies and game violators. I was one of them. One time in the 70s me and an out of town acquaintance were talking about the current Bigfoot scare that was going around.
He asked if I believed they existed. I replied maybe but there's not any around here. He said, how can you be so sure. I told him if any of the guys I knew seen one we'd have a dead one to look at. The Govmt might never know but all us locals would.

Reg
10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
BWB wrote:
"With your attitude what makes you think there ever was a real dino. All that has ever been found is some ROCKS laid out in a ? pattern."
Not trying to give any "tude". I can if you think it would help.?? I don't know where you are going with the rocks in a pattern thing, if you are trying to say dinos did not exist, you can't, the proof is irrefutable. Just like the Bison, the proof is there. And I am quite sure one could walk the prairies where the buffalo roam and find lots of hair and bones. Where are the herds of bigfeet losing hair as they thunder through the forest tearing trees out of the ground and using the root ball as backscratchers.

Really BWB, a couple of bad analogies, you can do better I am sure.

Live out here on the buffalo range and let me tell you that mess of hair and bones from them barfaloo is all over the place. Gets so bad sometimes, when the wind blows that hair piles up and we have to bring out the snow plows. Yup, real mess it is. Why I remember back in 82 we had this wind come up -- from the east it was, some even say it came all the way from Washington D and C it was.
Blew that barfaloo hair into such piles around some of the feed lots and just covered them cows completely. Them cows fell into the mess on the ground and that barfaloo hair just stuck to em it did. Fences went down and them barfaloo cows wandered all over the place. Neighbors said they looked like big foots and I'll bet thats how your legend got started.
Glad we got than one solved.
Did I tell you about this home made wine we have.

:kidding::kidding::kidding:

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-16-2012, 11:02 PM
I dated both his sisters at one time. They were both on the womens volleyball team in OR and 6' 5" with heels. The women in downtown Portland do not shave there legs for a reason.

Downtown Portland, you say....

Nah, that's too far to drive

waksupi
10-17-2012, 12:10 AM
As far as not finding any sign, I live in bear country. We've got lots of bears. Three griz killed within twenty miles this weekend for raiding and another drove off with bird shot by a bird hunter.
I wander these mountains a lot. It is extremely seldom I ever see shed hair, tracks, or find a carcass. And it sure isn't because they are rare!

aa1911
10-17-2012, 12:35 AM
seriously, don't you think someone would have found remains by now? I mean, unless they live forever or magically dissappear into thin air upon death, we've not found any dead ones. So methinks it's nothing more than a nice fairy tale.

but there will always be believers.

sasquatch! I'll keep an eye out for him this weekend when I'm out hunting

Idaho Mule
10-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Well... one time I was riding down the Selway, had dropped off some hunters at Balinger Cr. and all was calm for about 5 miles. Then the mules went nuts. dog went wild, heck, I thought I was gonna get bucked off!! Then I saw what could have been a couple of sasquatches jumping up and down and making gutteral grunt noises on the other side of the river!! I put the steel to my ridin, mule and the other 4 followed as we tore out of there. About a half mile later I suddenly realized that what I had seen was actually a breeding pair of HIPPIE'S. Took 2 yrs of serious therapy to clear that up.

bruce drake
10-17-2012, 03:16 AM
Rutting Sasquatches probably would have smelled better...

Mooseman
10-17-2012, 05:02 AM
Out of Millions of Deer ,Thousands of deer die every year , yet Carcasses are rarely seen except near or on roads from cars and trucks hitting them , but many die of old age and disease and wounds in the woods . Critters and birds clean up the mess. Ever see dead rabbits, and such in the woods ? Not very often and I spend lots of time in the woods.
A small population of creatures would leave a small chance of finding something, especially in very remote areas and wilderness away from populations.
I saw what I saw close enough to spit on it, if you had been there we wouldnt be having this discussion. When you close your mind to what can exist , you are already missing out on what already does.

Piedmont
10-17-2012, 06:04 AM
The lack of remains arguement never meant much to me because I have seen how quickly a deer carcass can turn to nothing in the wild. The biggest arguement against from my perspective has always been the guys with dogs running bear and cougar. I don't buy the arguement that a dog will be afraid of a bigfoot but run these other animals that can kill it. A pack of dogs would bring a sasquatch to bay just like they would anything else. Rhodesian ridgebacks ran African lions.

If these things exist, there aren't very many of them and part of me thinks a supernatural component may exist or they would have been bagged long ago.

starnbar
10-17-2012, 06:43 AM
If these creatures are a form of primitive man they may bury thier dead, hence no remains to be found.

Southern Son
10-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Gee wizz, all this talk about a thing that might or might not exist. I am glad that I am in Australia. All our animals are real, Kangaroos, Wombats, Drop Bears and the likes.

Jim
10-17-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm waitin' for the story to hit the front page where some mud for brains put on a big foot costume to scare people and some ol' boy put a 180 gr. PSP through him.

bruce drake
10-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Some idiot recently died on the side of the road after throwing on a bigfoot outfit to scare some locals. I do believe he got runover...

0verkill
10-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Bigfoot is not real.
Reloading is dangerous and you'll blow up the gun, yourself, or both.
Handloaded ammunition is not as accurate as factory loaded ammunition.
Handloaded ammunition is not as dependable as factory loaded ammunition.
Handloaded ammunition is not as safe as factory loaded ammunition.
Reloads are faster and more deadly than factory, nobody reloads lower powered ammunition for economy, accuracy or to reduce wear and tear.
Cast boolits are not as accurate as jacketed bullets.
Cast boolits will clog gas ports.
Cast boolits will lead your barrel and cause your gun to blow up.
Cast boolits have been proven to cause - impotency, heartburn, nausea, upset stomach, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, yeast infections, headache, nosebleeds, blindness, heart palpitations, mood swings and hysterical pregnancy. If sympoms persist, revert to factory ammunition with "green', lead-free bullets.

These are just a few facts we have to accept.

waksupi
10-17-2012, 12:09 PM
He got hit by (2) cars last year outside Kalispell Montana. The drivers were both girls, 15 and 17 years old....alcohol may have contributed to his stupidity.

That was only about a month ago, about 5 miles south of me.

45nut
10-17-2012, 12:15 PM

There exists more disinformation now than real facts. The volume of the bs is clearly overwhelming the airwaves. Reminds me of the period of the 1930's.

popper
10-17-2012, 12:31 PM
0verkill - you forgot the one about Glocks and lead. Until they interfere with MY life, I don't care if Bigfoot, dino or Aliens exist.

Janoosh
10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
"Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it". After the gov't decimated the Buffalo herds, there was a run on gathering and selling the bones. A lot of money was made profiting off of "Bone meal", either for fertilizer or feed. There are pictures of huge piles of bones gathered and stockpiled in the West. Now... As to Big Foot,,, there are a lot of strange people in NYC! As to the Primative Man-ape theory.... Wouldn't they need a breeding group to survive? Without becoming inbred? Neither confirming, nor denying, just thinking!

starmac
10-17-2012, 01:44 PM
It has been several years since I read a little about it, and I have forgot all the particulars, but there were some tunnels in south america that supposedly people (large and old) would come out of and disappear back into. The govt filled them up as they found them for some reason.
There was speculation that they might have gone all the way to europe.

There were some tunnels in europe going under the ocean that at the time no one had found where they went and it had not been determined what the walls were sealed with or how.
Who knows or can say what there is in this world.

montana_charlie
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
"Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it". After the gov't decimated the Buffalo herds, there was a run on gathering and selling the bones.
Those who learn history incorrectly are doomed to repeat only falsehoods.
http://www.petersenshunting.com/2012/09/04/was-the-buffalo-nearly-hunted-to-near-extinction/

CM

bruce drake
10-17-2012, 02:36 PM
As many of you know even though I was a career Army man, my field of study was Biology and Chemistry. Speaking strictly as a Biochemist, based up on the latest DNA evidence that has been collected there is the possibility that a large bipedal primate could exist. Notice I am saying could exist, not does exist.

There is one other option out there as well. Homo Heidelbergensis, Homo Sapiens' (us) first cousin, has been found to exist in Eastern Asia until about 10,000 years ago. Their population largely disappeared about the same time that the Mega Fauna became extinct. Homo Heidelbergensis that have been found in Eastern Asia and South Africa were between 7 and 8 feet tall on average and some have been found to reach a height of nearly 9 feet. Remember the story of David and Goliath? Some scholars believe that Goliath could have been Heidelbergensis. Archeological evidence indicates that Heidelbergensis was just as intelligent as modern humans, at the time.

Heck I don't know but it is fun to speculate anyway.

Best wishes,

Joe

Staying in the speculating mode here Joe, is the fact that the finds of Heidelberg Man also include many flint tools and since you are a tall fellow who likes to knapp flint up there in the Ozarks....

Bruce:kidding:

Tom W.
10-17-2012, 02:46 PM

Serious question

brotherdarrell

Baby bigfoots aren't bigfoots, they're normal sized foots. Being smaller than adults they are much harder to see, and their footprints look the same as regular folks. Kinda like the GEICO cavemen.
That's my spur of the moment story and I'm sticking to it! :groner:

GOPHER SLAYER
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
If sasquatch really existed the liberals would have hunted him down by now and registered him to vote. I have no idea which way they would tell him to vote.

EdZ KG6UTS
10-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Some idiot recently died on the side of the road after throwing on a bigfoot outfit to scare some locals. I do believe he got runover...

....Damn! Probably hit by a truck. I guess this proves old Jim Patton's Hiway/Truck/Bigfoot interface theory. ~8^)=

EdZ KG6UTS

EdZ KG6UTS
10-17-2012, 03:07 PM
If sasquatch really existed the liberals would have hunted him down by now and registered him to vote. I have no idea which way they would tell him to vote.

...or figured out a 'squatch tax!

EdZ KG6UTS

montana_charlie
10-17-2012, 03:56 PM

Serious question

brotherdarrell
Yep. Here's a video ...
http://www.bfro.net/news/nybaby.asp

dragonrider
10-17-2012, 04:11 PM
"There are many places on this planet that have never seen the footprint of man ."
nor have they seen the footprint of bigfoot.

And the bigfoot legends happen in areas where man does set foot, so your statement does not apply.

Mooseman
10-17-2012, 04:22 PM
It is apparent Trolls exist...[smilie=1:

geargnasher
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
It is apparent Trolls exist...[smilie=1:

No kidding.

How about that cave full of red-haired, primitive people what was massacred in Arizona many moons ago? Some skulls were recovered from there and exist today (not on display) in a museum somewhere thereabouts.....

Gear

dragonrider
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=excess650;1883483]Could it be that "dragonrider" is expressing his 2 wheeled prowess, or at least recounting an experience on a certain stretch of road in Tennessee and NC with that screen name?

I don't understand how that is relevant to a discussion about bigfoot???

Oreo
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
What would they match the dna to????Primarily human and ape dna. The large majority of the genome is shared among all mammals and iirc, there's only a few percent difference between human and chimp. Genome sequencing has given knowledge of what specific sections of the genome are specific to homosapiens, vs chimps, gorillas, etc. A dna sample from a new-to-science primate would be easily differentiated from other primates and non-primates.

Mooseman
10-17-2012, 06:00 PM
No kidding.

How about that cave full of red-haired, primitive people what was massacred in Arizona many moons ago? Some skulls were recovered from there and exist today (not on display) in a museum somewhere thereabouts.....

Gear

You mean the Anasazi Indians ?

Roosters
10-17-2012, 07:25 PM

Here is a link to that story I posted earlier. Hit by 2 cars .:shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...sightings.html

RU shooter
10-17-2012, 07:39 PM
"There are many places on this planet that have never seen the footprint of man ."
nor have they seen the footprint of bigfoot.

And the bigfoot legends happen in areas where man does set foot, so your statement does not apply. Yes it does still apply. How the heck would a "legend" start if man didnt have some sort of interaction with it. And we know through "legend" and folklore of several cultures around the world that a creature of similar characteristics did exist.

As to my quote above again how would Man in all our arrogance know whats exists somewhere If its never been explored by man ? We DONT ! Same with the great depths of the oceans .There are still things being discovered that were never known to exist,Same applies to the land.

geargnasher
10-17-2012, 08:02 PM
You mean the Anasazi Indians ?

No, they didn't have a name, except possibly one given by some Nevada Indians long ago. I was wrong, it was Nevada, not Arizona. Lovelock to be exact, the bat cave out there was being mined for guano when some of the remains were discovered. The legend was that the creatures were driven into the cave, blockaded, and asphxiated by fires.

Read this whether you believe in Sasquatch or not: http://www.chapmanresearch.org/PDF/There%20Were%20Giants%20on%20the%20Earth.pdf

It seems that the giants have been hunted and killed since before recorded history, stands to reason any survivors would be VERY skilled at hiding.

Gear

oksmle
10-17-2012, 09:25 PM
"Human-Bigfoot War, Oklahoma, 1855 ".... I'm surprised that no one has bothered to "Google" this from my post #56. It makes for some pretty interesting reading.

oksmle

starmac
10-17-2012, 11:13 PM
I was drinking coffee one night in a truck stop on I 40 in NM, when I saw two people coming in.
In the dark I thought they were covered in tatoos, a man and a woman. When they came in the door, they were covered in fur, any skin you could see was furry, except the palms of their hands.

They went straight to the restrooms, and a friend of mine from mexico didn't see them and was leaving. I talked him into staying, telling him there were some mexican werewolves in the restroom. When they came out and he saw them, he started shaking. He told me they were too short to be mexicans, I asked just how tall you had to be to be a mexican. He said they were from a country south of mexico, I forget which one.
A couple years later I was down in the hill country visiting my aunt and uncle, and told them about them. They immediately told me I had lost it and that I must have been drinking. lol That very night, the two I saw and one more were on the ripleys believe it or not show, they were from the country south of mexico, just as my friend had said, and there was a family of them.

Here is an example of them. I guess this is as close to a bigfoot I have encountered, and they were not big. lol

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1958710/Werewolf-boy-Pruthviraj-Patil.html?image=1

375RUGER
10-18-2012, 09:08 AM
hey look! I found him!

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?u=22017

WILCO
10-18-2012, 09:21 AM
:popcorn:

Ditto! :p

WILCO
10-18-2012, 09:25 AM
"Human-Bigfoot War, Oklahoma, 1855 ".... I'm surprised that no one has bothered to "Google" this from my post #56. It makes for some pretty interesting reading.

oksmle

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/human-bigfoot-war-oklahoma-1855/

Too weird.

The giants in the story appear to be Bigfoots.

Choctaw territory in Indian Territory was in SE Oklahoma, which is Ground Zero for Bigfoots in Oklahoma.

Interesting story. The Bigfoots (only referred to here as the giants) had been raiding human settlements on SE Oklahoma and Arkansas for some time, mostly stealing vegetables. They had also been stealing human children and apparently eating them. A Choctaw search party was organized, led by Joshua LeFlore.

This man actually existed. He was born in the Choctaw Nation in 1797 and died in Indian Territory in 1855. So apparently this story, if it is true, is from 1855. It must be later than 1838 because Indian Territory was only established in that year. It references Arkansas, and that state was let in in 1836. There was not yet a state of Oklahoma, not to come into being until 1907. So the story must have taken place from 1838-1907.

A hunting party tracks the Bigfoots down and finds a giant mound with the bodies of 19 human children the Bigfoots have been kidpnapping and eating. The Bigfoots are covered in hair, and the bad smell of their **** and piss is everywhere. Most of the humans’ horses rear up and throw their riders, which is what horses do when they see Bigfoots.

The humans attack the Bigfoots, and LeFlore empties his revolver at one, but it’s useless. The Bigfoot kills LeFlore’s mount with a single blow and then tears off LeFlore’s head. The rest of the Indians open up with .50 caliber Sharp’s buffalo rifles (designed to drop a buffalo) on the beasts, from experience aiming at their heads, as this is the best way to kill them. Two Bigfoots drop. A Choctaw Indian hunts down LeFlore’s killer and finishes it off with a hunting knife. Then he decapitates it for good measure.

The Indians bury what’s left of the kids, then bury their leader, giving him a 21 gun salute. Then they make a bonfire and burn the Bigfoots on the fire. They ride home, heading for bad dreams, maybe lasting a lifetime.

Wild story! The giants certainly seem like Bigfoots. Many Indian tribes describe Bigfoots as highly aggressive, stealers of men, women and even children. Young women were apparently taken for mates. Bigfoots would descend on Indian villages with whistes before raining rocks down on the Indians.

Many Western tribes describe areas of their territory that were totally off limits, and the Indians refused to go there, for these were the territories of the Bigfoots. These territories were full of game, but the Indians were so terrified that they avoided them like the plague. Why would Indians avoid a forage-rich area area due to creatures that don’t even exist?

Probably the Bigfoots were more aggressive against Indians because the Indians did not have good methods for killing them. Power comes from the barrel of a gun after all. Bigfoots are highly intelligent and appear to have a language. Our guns are very powerful, much more powerful than the Indians’ weapons. Bigfoots have probably learned to fear and respect us due to our weaponry, and that is why they are much more pacifistic than they were in the Indian era and even during the early era of White settlement of the West.

Most animals figure out who the apex predator is and leave it alone. In North America, humans are the apex predator par excellance. I would imagine that most animals figure this out at some point, or there is some race memory due to genetic selection. For instance, grizzly bears that are highly aggressive are rapidly killed by humans, and the surviving bears that pass on genes are the most passive and avoidant ones.

There is a precedent for stealing children. During times of famine in Africa, chimpanzees are known to raid human villages, steal human babies and eat them.

Who knows if the story is true, but it sure is cool!

fatelk
10-18-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't know about the whole Cryptozoology thing; bigfoot, Loch Ness monster, etc.. I'm inclined to think it's not real, but I sure don't claim to know all there is to know about this world. For all our advancements in science and technology, I'm inclined to think that collectively as humans we don't know as much as we think we do, either.

On the other hand, calling people stupid and other offensive names for believing something you don't is rude. I guess it's OK when it comes to politics. :) No, I guess it's not very nice there either.

Ultimately we all decide for ourselves what we want to believe. I think we assume that other folks who believe differently must be stupid, ignorant, evil, deranged, mentally handicapped, etc.. Reality is that there are all kinds of people in this world who believe a whole lot of different things. Some of them are intelligent, educated, decent people who have vastly different views from one another, and some of them have some far-out ideas. I think maybe it just makes us feel better about ourselves and our own beliefs to think that those on the other side are just stupid.

fatelk
10-18-2012, 02:45 PM
By the way, if it's just the TV shows about Bigfoot and ghosts that you are referring to as stupid, then I agree completely!

Bad Water Bill
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Mooseman
10-18-2012, 04:21 PM
http://www.chapmanresearch.org/PDF/There%20Were%20Giants%20on%20the%20Earth.pdf

dragonrider
10-18-2012, 06:38 PM
By the way, if it's just the TV shows about Bigfoot and ghosts that you are referring to as stupid, then I agree completely!

I had hoped that my original post made that clear, I guess not. My apologies if I offended. However it still boils down to evidence, has the existance of bigfoot proven with evidence???

firefly1957
10-18-2012, 07:00 PM
My research seems to show that in 1855 there were no Sharps Buffalo rifles? There was a breach loading 52 caliber rifle but it was not real powerful though loaded faster than a muzzle loader.
Are there bigfoot it has long been an interest of mine but I have not the slightest and will not demean anyone who believes.

MT Gianni
10-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Well... one time I was riding down the Selway, had dropped off some hunters at Balinger Cr. and all was calm for about 5 miles. Then the mules went nuts. dog went wild, heck, I thought I was gonna get bucked off!! Then I saw what could have been a couple of sasquatches jumping up and down and making gutteral grunt noises on the other side of the river!! I put the steel to my ridin, mule and the other 4 followed as we tore out of there. About a half mile later I suddenly realized that what I had seen was actually a breeding pair of HIPPIE'S. Took 2 yrs of serious therapy to clear that up.

So you have never been to Jerry Johnson Hot Springs?

geargnasher
10-18-2012, 07:21 PM
This is a good read: http://www.chapmanresearch.org/PDF/There%20Were%20Giants%20on%20the%20Earth.pdf
There are references to "man" in that compilation that far pre-dates any of what is currently accepted. I don't recall ANY reference to ANY of that from history in school, but THEY only teach what THEY want about history, or rewrite it to suit themselves. The Allegewi and Tallegewi aren't all that ancient of history, and in my backyard....food for thought and reason to research!

Same link I posted in #99, hope mine works!

Anyway, there are some factual descrepancies in that article, and no real bibliography, but at least some of it is accurate, or at least accurately reports historical observations. The part about Kossoth Giants was a total hoax, similar to the gypsum man hoax from the same area, though not described in that article.

Intersting stuff. I saw two of the skulls from Lovelock in a History Channel show. Not sure if they were in the museum in Winnemucca or the one in Reno.

Like I said, food for thought.

Gear

felix
10-18-2012, 07:39 PM
DNA sequence would have to come from a known skeleton of historical background, and that compared with current cavemen, oddman, etc. That would have to be the ONLY info that would satisfy me as some legit proof. There is a great number of us on this board by odds that has some exact DNA section/area as extracted from "caveman" bones found on top of those european mountains around Italy/Germany/Austria. The NOVA show was on Oklahoma PBS just last night. ... felix

fatelk
10-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Didn't you ever watch the Six Million Dollar Man? Bigfoot was a robot created and controlled by time-traveling aliens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbG6MxAv3yw&feature=relmfu

geargnasher
10-18-2012, 09:09 PM
OK, OK, the truth is that the giants/bigfoots are one of the failed results from the slave-race genetic experiments done by that ancient alien-gods, but unfortunately the aliens were unable to capture/kill them all before the larger deposits of gold in the middle-east, Africa, and central/south America were exhausted and the aliens mostly left the planet. Other failed results included many of the primitive man/beast hybrids spoken about in the Bible and in histories around the world. Yes, I read all of Erich Von Daniken's books when I was a kid, right along with Asimov. Am I being facetious? Maybe......

Gear

Gator 45/70
10-18-2012, 09:20 PM
I think it all started Here...!!! http://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/okefenokeebigfoot

10 ga
10-18-2012, 09:30 PM
If I were make a wager on either the existence of bigfoot or Obama creating a single private sector job, the stupid hairy ape wins.

OK, which one are you backing?

x

firefly1957
10-19-2012, 10:31 PM
geargnasher have you ever read anything on the ancient Indian texts (Asia) they also speak of men with animal body part and of nuclear war......

mud lake
10-21-2012, 07:29 PM
nothing for sure!!![/I]]