PDA

View Full Version : S&W double action auto

44man
06-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Need some help on this S&W 9VE, double action auto. I never had one here and the lady want's the trigger pull reduced a little. Any way to do it safely?

Johnch
06-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Is that a Sigma ?

If so I have on in 40 S&W

After a thousand or so rounds the trigger was both ligher and smoother
But still not super light
I never tryed to reduce the trigger pull
Because I probely would mess it up

Mine shoots as well as the nut behind the bolt

It is my night stand pistol , always loaded and ready
No thinking needed , just pull the trigger

John

44man
06-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Yes, it is a Sigma. Three springs to work while pulling the trigger makes it hard for a woman. I hear Wolf makes a kit for the gun. The lady was told what to buy but listened to the guy behind the counter instead. Nice gun but she is disappointed and has a hard time shooting it. For her, it is a yank the trigger type thing.

44man
06-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I made a mistake! I took the gun apart and found that there are FOUR springs at work when pulling the trigger. There are also a bunch of rub areas with metal camming against plastic. Must be some awful tough plastic! I put Brownell's action lube plus in an old glue syringe and put a small amount on all the rub areas. That removed a whole lot of drag.
I also sent for a reduced Wolfe striker spring.
I don't know, never had a use for any gun that has to have the trigger used like this one. If I needed a carry gun it would be on a 1911 base. I hate plastic and double action only.

Baldy
06-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I got the Sigma .40ve for a fathers day present two years ago. Only tupperware gun I own. After a few trips to the range I was ready to throw it in the river. Well you know I couldn't do that. So I started shooting the fire out of it thinking I'll break it or wear it out. No way as the more I shot it the better it shoots. Shoots good now but it does have a long trigger pull on it. I use it for a car/home defense gun now. It takes a lot of rounds to break one in. This dang thing will out last me.