PDA

View Full Version : Best Gun values book?

MtGun44
10-11-2012, 12:35 AM
I will be selling a bunch of guns for a relative that died. I want to make
sure I get 'fair market' on some that I may not be too familiar with.

Any recommendations for the best "gun values" book to buy to use to fill
in gaps in my knowledge?

Bill

missionary5155
10-11-2012, 05:47 AM
Good morning
If you have the time to watch the same items flow through Gunbroker that will give you a rough idea what people are paying. Be sure to place a minimum price ,starting price or a reserve if you have a bottom dollar value in mind.
Mike in ILL

Olevern
10-11-2012, 06:08 AM
I like the Gun Traders Guide, while some recent, modern models are not included, those are easy to price. The stuff you might have problem pricing are the no longer produced models. I think the Traders Guide has more realistic, real world prices than the Blue Book, which is useful for buying low and saying "look here, this is all the book says your gun is worth". Many dealers use the Blue Book to lowball their customers who bring in a gun to sell or trade.

rbertalotto
10-11-2012, 07:16 AM
The Online version of the Blue Book is the way to go. So easy to find your firearm and prices are updated regularly unlike print.

square butte
10-11-2012, 07:34 AM
I've used em all. Blue Book IMO is best if you are selling - Any of the others, if you are buying. Condition descriptions in the Blue book are the best - That is the pictures in the front of the book to help you put a % on the condition. I would say Blue Book coupled with sold prices on Gunbroker.

MtGun44
10-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks.

I will definitely be tracking GunBroker. I have a pretty good idea on a lot of guns, but
not yet sure what he had - probably no really old stuff, he was not an antique collector,
mostly modern guns, I think. I'll lookin into Blue Book online, never heard of it before.
May buy the book.

Billl