PDA

View Full Version : A few prayers would be appreciated

EDK
10-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Little brother, Idaho Sharpshooter, had surgery on a kidney this morning...doing good, per phone call to Mom. He turned 63 last month.

I'll be 64 Sunday. SWMBO hit me with preliminary divorce papers in August. We did well for some years; not so well for the last couple years. It knocked me back for a few days and then I got some help from Miss Michelle at my bank on what to do about my pension and social security that are direct deposited. From that point on, things have gone well. I have joined several christian 12 step groups and bible studies so I could

1. Get right with God.
2. Become a better human being.
3. Meet a better class of people than hanging out in a saloon and crying in my whatever.

I've been blessed with good people and God's love every moment of this mess. I may have disagreed with some of you over the years, but We're family. Your past support has helped me in tough times and I appreciate it.

:redneck: :cbpour: :guntootsmiley:

MBTcustom
10-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Hang in there buddy. God loves a humble heart, and it sounds like you have found sweet humility. It costs, but you will come out a better man. (I don't mean to sound condescending in any way, all due respect to you sir)
I know what it feels like to be humbled though, and great personal growth and closer relationship to Jesus was the fruit that came from the pruning.
Hang in there!

runfiverun
10-11-2012, 01:57 AM
why didn't rich say something about this?
maaan.
i'm gonna get after him, i hope he's doin okay.

anyway.
taking care of number 3 on your list will allow the first 2.5 to come much easier.
it makes time go by a little slower too.
stick with it.

Mooseman
10-11-2012, 02:07 AM
I will Pray for strength and healing for both of you.

Rich

obssd1958
10-11-2012, 03:00 AM
EDK,
I just found out about Rich's surgery in a PM he sent me yesterday. I see him regularly at the gunshows around here. Glad to hear that it went okay! I'll have to go by his place and give him a hard time, once he gets out of the hospital.
Sorry to hear about your divorce, but got to tell you, the folks I know who go through it with their hearts out to God, end up coming out of it much happier.
Prayers for both you and Rich!!

Don

Lloyd Smale
10-11-2012, 04:56 AM
prayers said for both of you!

missionary5155
10-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Good morning
I will also pray for you and Rich's recovery. Mike in ILL.

Olevern
10-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Prayers for your continued journey with God as well for your little bro.

kbstenberg
10-11-2012, 08:50 AM
EDK my prayers for you and your continuing to get closer to our Savior.
Kevin

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Yep,
we're family here.
My prayers are going out your way.
Jon

Freightman
10-11-2012, 09:34 AM
EDK I will be praying for your brother and you, if I can help PM me I have access to some great bible studies that I will mail you if you are interested, prayers for you and your brother are going to the Father.

gray wolf
10-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Family is what we are, and caring is what we do.
So you bet--prayers for your Brother and for you.

Sam in Maine

Ramar
10-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Everything is better with Prayers; mine are with you.
Ramar

smokemjoe
10-11-2012, 11:08 AM
You got mine also, Alot of power here.

EDK
10-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Rich/Idaho is doing well. He called Mom today. I don't know how long he will be at the hospital or if he is already home...I'll give him a day or so before calling since he got "opened up" some rather than laprascopic surgery. Miss Lorene will keep him under control for awhile and then he'll be back with us.

Your prayers and well wishes are appreciated. I'm OK on a good day; not so good on a bad one. There are more good days than bad as I discover various resources available. There is a lot more help of various types out there for a guy in my situation....divorce in 1975 was tough; the one in 1995 wasn't so bad. This one is a PITA because it will probably take a year or so to go through the legal system, besides the other things. SWMBO has a lawyer with a tough reputation and he got a different judge and court date in the first month...I think he wants to drag things out and hopes that I die before we get to court.

CELEBRATE RECOVERY is a christian based 12 step program and I definitely recommend it. I go to three CR groups plus church services and bible study groups so I have something every day or evening. There's good people in all of them...I picked up the second church because of the people in their CR group. I went to the bible study and stayed for the church service and got adopted. You get help and acceptance without asking.

You guys have come through as you always do. It's a good family even if we don't always agree on everything. You've been a blessing without realizing or trying.

Thanks and God bless,
EDK

lead-1
10-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Prayers sent, hang in there and stay tough. God is with you.

Remember, Romans 8:31, What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

badbob454
10-12-2012, 01:23 AM
im sorry I dont know you , but prayer said in your behalf , my best to you to get through these tough times

WRideout
10-12-2012, 07:00 AM
What you are doing requires great courage. God is with you.

Wayne

RugerFan
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Prayers sent. Hang in there buddy.

crabo
10-12-2012, 11:29 PM
I used to help some with our church's CR group. The great thing is that they know where the power to change comes from. I will pray for you and Rich.

Artful
10-13-2012, 08:26 PM
prayer for you, for rich and your family

Crawdaddy
10-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I've been there with the divorce thing. Hang in there. After that I found the woman of my dreams. That was 25 years ago.

EDK
10-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Rich/Idaho called both Mom and I last night. He has an 8-to-10 inch incision and is pretty weak. He must be doing fairly well because he was complaining about not having "real food" since last Tuesday...doesn't think much of a clear liquid diet either! They told him he can't go home until he has a bowel movement and he told them that you got to have something in you for that to happen. Sooo.....he will be up and headed home fairly soon. I read the thread to him and he appreciates your prayers and thoughts.

My life improves daily. I took Mom to GOLDEN CORRAL yesterday...last of the big spenders here. My new church is having a barbrecue/bonfire/hay ride starting Saturday afternoon....widen my social circle and meet people for my future life AFTER the divorce; unfortunately I expect the legal antics to last a year so I live in limbo. BUT right now I need a friend more than a girl friend...make that a lot of friends...to understand and support me! CELEBRATE RECOVERY meeting later tonight.

God bless and catch you later,

EDK

DukeInFlorida
10-15-2012, 06:47 PM
As a guy also currently sitting in the hospital, I am sending along my prayers.
I know first hand what the power of the prayers can be.

I wish for a healthy and speedy recovery.

GT27
10-15-2012, 07:00 PM
EDK,God Bless You brother.They say that God only puts enough burden on us, as individuals, that we can handle, that's how he tests are faith in him.Fight the good fight,but above all never stop believing!His love, and caring for you is forever!

waksupi
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Get that boy out of the horsepital, and back home!

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Ask my brother EDK, one of these days about us both serving in Vietnam in 1969.

I am slowly healing, God is good, and the power of prayer has been awesome in my life.

You guys are the best here...

45nut
10-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Prayers up to all that need them,,and I can't think of anybody that doesn't!

Casper29
10-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Prayers and thoughts are with you in this trying time.